Photo

Would you trade Odom for Josh Smith/Claxton?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 davriver209

davriver209

Rookie

• 37 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted July 29, 2008 - 08:08 PM

As much as people want this to happen. It does not improve us this year, yes Josh Smith has more room to improve. But we are trying to win now, not next year.

Plus people want this done because they feel Odom can't hit a jumper consistently , but Smith's jumper is also Streaky. Yes a good blocker, and decent defender,

I still feel Odom would be a better defender for the 3, considering the fact Offense isn't our problem its defense. And I think Odom would be able to stay in front of them. I remember Odom at the 3 against Pierce in Dec, he shut him down until Walton guarded him.

#62 LkrsOvrMia 2

LkrsOvrMia 2

Rookie

• 40 posts
  • Fav. Laker:This is a team sport!

Posted July 29, 2008 - 08:11 PM

I would rather have Prince than Josh Smith. Prince has won championships and Smith has had one impressive playoff series. Prince and Kobe are also learning each others games in the Olympics right now.

I agree about Tayshaun but I'm stil torn about trading "LO."
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."

#63 Kobe's Empire

Kobe's Empire

Rookie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 29, 2008 - 08:13 PM

I would trade Odom for Smith anyway.

Smith has a better outside shot, he is more of a SF, he is a lot younger (could fit in with the AB Farmar Sasha era), and he is a better perimeter defender. He is a defense beast out there with 3 bpg and 3 spg.

The only thing is the Lakers only rebounders on this team are AB and LO. LO is a beast on the boards. His knowledge of the offense is better considering he has experience. His basketball intelligence is high, although he takes some mental lapses.

Tough choice, but in the end, I think you have to do it, especially with Bynum coming back.

#64 Mega Man

Mega Man

Mega Buster

• 415 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 29, 2008 - 08:13 PM

I am curious as to how the lineup of Fish/KB/LO/PAU/Bynum would be... I'd love Josh Smith on the lakers but I'd like to see how our current squad runs for a bit.

Posted Image

#65 LkrsOvrMia 2

LkrsOvrMia 2

Rookie

• 40 posts
  • Fav. Laker:This is a team sport!

Posted July 29, 2008 - 08:15 PM

I would trade Odom for Smith anyway.

Smith has a better outside shot

Lost all credibility with me right there.

No offense my fellow Laker fan.
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."

#66 Euro Trash

Euro Trash

Rookie

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and The Machine

Posted July 31, 2008 - 02:28 PM

Absolutely but I doubt ATL would do that.

#67 Euro Trash

Euro Trash

Rookie

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and The Machine

Posted July 31, 2008 - 02:30 PM

Lost all credibility with me right there.

No offense my fellow Laker fan.

What you haven't seen J-Smoove stroke it from outside? That's his game right there. Never ever slashes or drives to the rim at all..... :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users