32 replies to this topic

#21 LakersInFour

LakersInFour

Rookie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 28, 2008 - 07:00 PM

Luke, no doubt about it. Not very skilled, can't reliably knock down a jumper, and is probably the least athletic player on the team. Bad contract.

Vlad's biggest issue is his lack of consistent play. When he is at the top of his game, he is a threat to break the game wide open in a very short span of time. Teams cannot afford to leave him alone, he will kill them. On Luke's best day, he doesn't compare.

#22 kb24lakers

kb24lakers

Rookie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Jordan Farmar & Kobe Bryant

Posted July 29, 2008 - 10:33 AM

I'd trade Luke. He can't do much off the dribble, or shoot. His defense is.. HORRENDOUS! Keep Vlad.
“Experience is never overrated, no matter who you are. In our case, we're coming together as a family. We're playing harder than our opponents, and our defense is getting us through.” -- Jordan Farmar.

#23 Phoenixrisingla

Phoenixrisingla

Rookie

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean

Posted July 29, 2008 - 12:04 PM

No question Luke. I like the guy, but he really add's nothing.

#24 azk81

azk81

Rookie

• 831 posts

Posted July 29, 2008 - 12:38 PM

vlad was pretty good in the beginning of the season, luke was horrible the whole season. i woulda rather have vlad over luke
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

-Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Gone, Never Forgotten.

#25 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,797 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted July 29, 2008 - 12:41 PM

vlad

#26 DivineSANCHO

DivineSANCHO

Rookie

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted July 29, 2008 - 01:14 PM

Luuuuuuuke

#27 Moses

Moses

Rookie

• 42 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 29, 2008 - 01:25 PM

Trade Luke for the following reasons:
1. They're both lazy and inconsistent, but Luke has longer left on his contract.
2. We're pretty stacked at the SF position, but Radmanovic can play the PF and spread the floor as he is bigger and a much better shooter.
3. When Radmanovic has a good game we tend to win.
4. Luke's supposedly high basketball IQ is very overrated for someone who seldom scores any points since he got paid and occasionally throws an ok pass here and there.
5. Radmanovic seems to work well with Pau and Lamar, and a big shooter is a much more valuable commodity in this league, especially when u consider Lamar, Trevor and Luke are SF options that don't really have a reliable jump shot.

#28 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 29, 2008 - 01:38 PM

I love Luke...but I'd trade him for capspace right now.

Vlad spreads the floor and is an above avg athlete (believe it or not). He's a decent passer.

I see Vlad playing a major role on this team once he doesn't have to think about the offense anymore. Once he realizes that he has the greenlight to shoot any open shot, his game will come to him MUCH easier. And many of you will kiss his feet.

Luke? I can't find a spot where he is ESSENTIAL...much like Lamar. If we can get rid of him (them), we should.

#29 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted July 29, 2008 - 03:00 PM

Get rid of Luke. At least Radman can spread the floor and can hit the three (although it is inconsistent). Besides you'll never ever see Luke Walton fight Tyson Chandler. :lol:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#30 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted July 29, 2008 - 03:07 PM

trade whoever has the worst contract......i wish can trade them both...same time....

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#31 Zen

Zen

cooler than a polar bears toenails

• 661 posts
  • Location:"I got dreams, but dreams don't keep the lights on."
  • Fav. Laker:..::Magic::..

Posted July 29, 2008 - 04:45 PM

I'd trade Luke in a nanosecond it the opportunity presented itself. Luke's a cancer for this team when he's on the court. He's a great guy off the court but that doesn't change the fact that he totally inept as a basketball player. Whenever he enters the game the opposing team's eyes immediately light up and our players heads drop down in frustration. It doesn't matter how much momentum we have Luke will easily turn it around with an array of turnovers and weak shots that inevitably end up in the 4th row of the stands. If we could somehow give him away for nothing I would more than happy. Unfortunately no one is going to want to touch him or his toxic contract anytime soon. :angry:

#32 Angela1986

Angela1986

Off The Bench

• 1,584 posts

Posted July 30, 2008 - 06:29 PM

Luke without question. At least Vlad has the ability to get hot (and for some reason, this is when Phil decides to yank him) from 3 point and is a threat and doesn't always get his shot slapped back into his face. It's annoying to watch Luke do a post move when you know the ball is just going to be blocked and go right back in his face.

Edited by Angela1986, July 30, 2008 - 06:30 PM.

#33 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,279 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 30, 2008 - 06:40 PM

Give Luke a chance, and trade Vlad Rad!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users