• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ogarte24

ogarte24

Rookie

• 113 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 30, 2008 - 07:24 PM

According to an interview done with Laker returnee, Andrew Bynum, the coaches have prepared defensive schemes that would take their ability to control the opponents' field goals to a higher level.

Lakers' coaches haven't been successful in instilling that defensive mindset into the team, given the fact that head coach Phil Jackson's claim to fame is his beloved powerful offensive arsenal in the triangle, and never did preach defense in his coaching career.

What you guys think?

How many PPG and FG% would the Lakers allow their opponents to muster?

For me, I predict a 91.7 and 42.4% . . . 3rd best in the league.

How about you!

#2 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted September 30, 2008 - 11:08 PM

Lakers will be first in the league. I think with the addition of Andrew Bynum, this will hype up all the players on the team and allow them to fully extend their defensive abilities on the court. Of course this is all wishful thinking but it never hurts to wish, does it?

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#3 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,533 posts

Posted September 30, 2008 - 11:14 PM

if our line-up is

andrew bynum
pau gasol
trevor ariza
kobe bryant
derek fisher

then top 5 because what most people dont realize about the bynum return is that fisher, kobe, and ariza's claim to fame defensively is herassing offensive players by getting up in their grill with bynum a elite shotblocker and gasol an above average shot blocker they will be able to do that with little consequence

now if our line-up is

andrew
gasol
lamar
kobe
fisher

top 10 because i think lamar plays solid defense but not pesky just safe and i think that this line-up would yeild a safer defense but with less potential
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users