3 replies to this topic

#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 21, 2010 - 09:36 AM

http://twitter.com/E...tus/25121648660

Braylon Edwards arrested for DWI. His blood-alcohol was .16, then they added on another .15 for taunting. Not good.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2010-09/braylons-dwi

New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards was arrested early Tuesday morning on a drunken driving charge.

Police pulled over Edwards at 5:15 a.m. in New York for having overly-tinted windows on his Range Rover, the New York Post reports. Officers said they smelled alcohol and had Edwards take a Breathalyzer, which registered a 0.16, twice New York’s legal limit of 0.08, according to the Post.

Edwards was scheduled to be arraigned later Tuesday, according to the newspaper.

The Jets issued a statement about the arrest, saying: "We are reviewing the info with league and will impose the appropriate disciplinary measures"

GM Mike Tannenbaum also said, "We are very disappointed in Braylon's actions this morning. The Player Protect program is in place for our organization to prevent this situation. Braylon is aware of this program and showed poor judgment."

Complicating the matter for Edwards is the fact that he already is on probation after punching a friend of LeBron James in a bar brawl in October.

In that case, Edwards pleaded no contest in Cleveland Municipal Court to aggravated disorderly conduct for punching the party promoter.

ProFootballTalk.com's Mike Florio points out that avoiding alcohol is a common part of probation terms. And Cleveland Municipal Judge Michelle Early will make the decision on whether the New York DWI charge constitutes a violation of his probation agreement.

Having Edwards facing legal problems could leave the Jets with Jerricho Cotchery, David Clowney and Brad Smith at wide receiver against the Dolphins on Sunday.

However, it is unlikely any suspension would be handed down that fast. Two separate policies will come into play as the Jets and the league decide how to handle the situation. The player conduct policy gives commissioner Roger Goodell broad leeway to punish players for breaking laws and damaging the league's reputation. The substance abuse policy is more strict and is part of the collective bargaining agreement.

The Jets also could be without CB Darrelle Revis (hamstring) when the 1-1 Jets face the 2-0 Dolphins. An MRI Monday revealed that Revis has a strained left hamstring, which could take up to two weeks to heal.

Edited by MDI, September 21, 2010 - 09:37 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted September 21, 2010 - 02:53 PM

[expletive] gettin ridiculous with athletes, so many out there don't give a [expletive]

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#3 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,994 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 21, 2010 - 02:56 PM

dumbass

Pau Gasol is GONE

#4 GP1_KB24