• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted September 16, 2010 - 10:20 AM

Saw this on ESPN First Take this morning and thought it was interesting.

On a scale 1-10, how worried should the NFL be?

There is more and more teams starting to get blackouts. The Chargers are getting there first blackout this week since 2004 with over 8,000 tickets still un-sold.

There are a lot of 'bad' teams in the NFL it seems like this year, and of course the economy is still a problem for some people.

It also seems like a lot more people would rather just stay home out of the traffic and watch it on there HDTV's instead.
:hmm:

I say 8/10.

Edited by GP1_KB24, September 16, 2010 - 10:21 AM.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#2 Ahab

Ahab

Rookie

• 247 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 16, 2010 - 11:02 AM

NFL shouldn't be worried at all, how long have we been in recession and just now they've been feeling the affects of reduced ticket sales? They might be down but all you have to do is look at the TV ratings to see people have watching in record numbers which in turn still produces an enormous capital for the league. Plus football has always been a sport more enjoyable from the comfort of your own home, and now with stuff like the Redzone and NFL Sunday ticket the experience of going to an actual game is dog poop in comparison.

Scale of 1/10? This is a 1.

Edited by Ahab, September 16, 2010 - 11:03 AM.

#3 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted September 16, 2010 - 07:06 PM

NFL shouldn't be worried at all, how long have we been in recession and just now they've been feeling the affects of reduced ticket sales? They might be down but all you have to do is look at the TV ratings to see people have watching in record numbers which in turn still produces an enormous capital for the league. Plus football has always been a sport more enjoyable from the comfort of your own home, and now with stuff like the Redzone and NFL Sunday ticket the experience of going to an actual game is dog poop in comparison.

Scale of 1/10? This is a 1.

Agreed

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,492 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted September 16, 2010 - 07:15 PM

I say its a 9.5
the league has fallen out of touch with people who want to buy tix and peeps that were able to buy them..
The teams catered to rich cats that could afford them. And now those peeps lost mad loot and wanna conserve dough so they aint coppin any.
And the real fans got priced out of the market place.
Kids cant buy tix for $150 a seat in nosebleed sections.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users