Photo

Baron: Beginning Will Be Bumpy In L.A.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,580 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted September 30, 2008 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image

Baron Davis believes that the Clippers have the talent to do damage in the Western Conference but believes that the beginning could be rough for the team.

"Our possibilities are endless," Davis said. "We have great fans. We're the underdog in the city, so a lot of people are going to be rooting for us. It's just a matter of us coming together at the right time."

"It's going to be bumpy in the beginning."

http://www.latimes.c...0,2095023.story

#2 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted September 30, 2008 - 05:01 PM

You are a Clipper now... they are doomed to fail.
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#3 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted September 30, 2008 - 05:19 PM

they might make noise but thats practically a whole new team there and theyll never be considered better than the lakeshow
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#4 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted September 30, 2008 - 06:46 PM

air gordan is gonna make it happen for the clippers.

#5 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,801 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 30, 2008 - 06:57 PM

They could make playoffs with the Suns and Mavs having gotten so much weaker...

#6 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,853 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 30, 2008 - 08:44 PM

If they get it together (which I doubt given their roster and the bench) it won';t be in time to make the playoffs.

#7 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted October 01, 2008 - 03:56 PM

I don't see them making the playoffs yet but remember anything is possible. We'll just see how the Clippers perform this season and that'll determine their outcome.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#8 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,853 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 01, 2008 - 10:57 PM

If Oden has trouble getting revved up, the Spurs plummet from no Ginobili for 2 months, Denver tanks (very likely), and the Warriors find no rhythm whatsoever a playoff spot may open up for them.

But in the end, I highly doubt we'll be seeing a Clippers / Lakers first round match up.

#9 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted October 01, 2008 - 11:57 PM

I know you guys are all Laker fans, and it's refreshing finally seeing negative input.

I'm always on Clipper forums and they always have positive input so it's good to fight water with fire sometimes.

What I believe is... Phoenix and Dallas are on their way down. Spurs, I doubt will go down. But come on, Denver and Warriors? Warriors, oh HELL no, they have 9 small forwards on that team, and only 4 non small forwards. They have NO legit point guard, and also lost monta for the first few months. How are they competition to a team with pretty good talent (the Clippers)? Denver? Don't you Laker fans remember annahilating them last year in the playoffs? WITH Camby? How are they gona be with no Camby and Najera? Two of their bigs? Yeah they're on their way down too. Camby was the only one that played defense there.

Now whoever didn't watch the Clippers but still hates them anyways, it's a cool decision that any normal human would probably make, to be honest. But let me sum up some of their talent.

Point Guards

Baron Davis- DON'T FREAKING DOUBT DAVIS. You know when was the last time I did? When they matched up against #1 Dallas two years ago. Anyone remember the result? Yeah I learned my lesson, DON'T DOUBT BARON.

Jason Hart/Taylor - Not the most talented backcourt. I like Taylor's potential, and Hart is just a guy who will give Baron a breather.

Shooting Guards

Ricky Davis- Yeah he's been an [expletive] and a cancer in this league. But so was Stephen Jackson. Coincidentally Baron was on Stephen Jackson's team when he turned it around. Ricky Davis said he was going to start being mature... Starting with shocking us all and shaving off his known hairdo. He has matured and is going to continue maturing as a Clipper (hopefully.)

Cat Mobley- Awesome defender, I mean a REALLY good defender. Can score in bunches and is a pretty good post up/good shooter in the clutch, but sometimes ballhogs it or doesn't look to pass it to the post. It makes me mad when he doesn't wana post up Kaman, and would rather post himself up, but a great player anyways.

Eric Gordon- All I can say is, POTENTIAL. Huge upside. Great 3 point shooter, shown flashes that he can drive in and take contact.

Small Forwards

Al Thornton- AMAZING. Hands down my favorite Clipper. Outscored Kevin Durant in the second half of the season, is on his way WAYYY up, he's gona be crazy. Great scorer. 20+ points per game this season hopefully. LOAD of talent.

Tim Thomas- Just a good 3 point shooter and role player. Hopefully his mindset will be winning, this season.

Steve Novak- LIGHTS OUT 3 point shooter.

Power Forwards

Marcus Camby- Finally, Camby can play his natural position again. He was stuck playing Center, and even then he has been the #1 shot blocker in the league for 3 years straight, for the first time in NBA history. Also the second best rebounder, only under Dwight Howard. Defensive Player of the Year 2 years ago, the year before Kevin Garnett got it. GREAT addition, will go great with Chris Kaman.

Paul Davis- Just a good outside shooter and rebounder, will give Camby a breather. He has good footwork and can spread the floor a bit.

Centers

Chris Kaman- Where to start. VERY underrated cause everyone says he looks ugly. But while you guys are talking about his looks, the guy is the 3rd best shot blocker in the league, only behind TEAMMATE MARCUS CAMBY and Dwight Howard, and 3rd best rebounder in the league, behind none other than Dwight Howard and TEAMMATE MARCUS CAMBY. Is also VERY ambidextrous, he doesn't even know which arm is his good arm. He's going to be great when paired with Marcus Camby.

Brian Skinner- Good backup center. Nice beard =P GREAT shot blocker, a solid backup to give Chris Kaman a breather.

DeAndre Jordan- PURE POTENTIAL. Raw! He has to be worked with. But he's a Dwight Howard type player, with HIGHLIGHT reel dunks and put backs. He averaged 26 ppg and 16 rebounds and 8 blocks (yes blocks!) in high school. Also had a 37 point 20 block (!) game. Jumps out of this building, and long arms. Built just like Bynum and Howard.

I think i'm gona make a new thread about this :) Don't doubt! I know you don't like the Clippers, but if they have good chemistry, they DO have alot of talent.. You just haven't realized it yet! :)

Edited by TheCalmInsanity, October 02, 2008 - 12:48 AM.

I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#10 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted October 02, 2008 - 12:11 AM

Just because the Clippers have good players doesn't mean it's going to work out. Most BSPN writers say that the Clippers are a disaster in the making.

But what would I know, we have to wait until the season starts and we'll see if the Clippers will work out or not.

Made By Vaporize

#11 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted October 02, 2008 - 12:16 AM

The same ESPN writers that said your Lakers weren't going to make playoffs last year?

ESPN's writers will keep hating. It's up to the Clippers to prove them wrong
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#12 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted October 02, 2008 - 12:19 AM

The same ESPN writers that said your Lakers weren't going to make playoffs last year?

ESPN's writers will keep hating. It's up to the Clippers to prove them wrong

Note that I said BSPN, referring to their bad writers. The Clippers are a completely renovated team. They will need to mesh first before making it far in the playoffs. We'll see come the beginning of the season.

Made By Vaporize

#13 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted October 02, 2008 - 12:41 AM

Haha very nicely said. I'm actually very happy that they're doubting.. I bet you felt GREAT when you got to say "HA IN YOUR FACE" to them when Lakers started out strong.

The best part is "BSPN" can't blame it on Gasol... Lakers were doing great as Bynum started to dominate!!

I love being a Clipper fan, I get certain analysts saying that we're gona win 30 games this year.

We won 23 last season... So after not having Brand that whole year, adding Marcus Camby and Baron Davis and a bunch of talented bench players, we're only going to win 7 more games? That's so freaking funny... But I don't even care, cause I expect that. Clippers have always been the team that no one respects, and we're going to have to earn it.

Btw check out my post, in NBA talk, I posted a thread similiar to this but added a LOT of stuff including links to videos of the players i'm talking about. There's some nice clips on there :)

Edited by TheCalmInsanity, October 02, 2008 - 12:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users