TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,867 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 12, 2010 - 04:45 PM

Chicago Runs the US.
The US is run thru Chicago.

This is one of the worst Ref-Taking over a game calls i have ever seen.

Shaun HIll and the Lions were robbed.

And the Chicago Gangsters win another one...

#2 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,164 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted September 12, 2010 - 05:43 PM

Not a Lions fan, but I like Johnson.

Great call but a horrible rule. Obviously he had control if it & was just a young receiver wanting to celebrate his first game winning touchdown catch.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#3 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted September 12, 2010 - 05:56 PM

I personally think it should have counted. Amazing pass, amazing catch, clutch, had 2 feet, seemed like full possession (you are allowed to carry it in one hand...), knee down, and then the ground knocked it out after all that. I thought it should have counted. But the Lions coach agreed with the call, and politics has nothing to do with the game.

#4 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts
  • Name:Super Stud
  • Fav. Laker:Nick, Gary

Posted September 12, 2010 - 11:52 PM

my god that call was horrible.... to make things worse CJ is on both my fantasy teams <_< :angry:

Posted Image

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted September 13, 2010 - 06:42 AM

Whether or not you guys like the rule, it's clear as day. Johnson should've tucked the ball in, and you can tell he didn't spike it or intentionally let go of it.

Same thing happens when a player catches the ball, toes in, and lands out of bounds. If he lands out and the ball pops out, it's an incomplete.

The rule is actually a good one, because if you allow for two steps while you're falling, and ignore the ball coming out when you hit the ground, you have to make it a rule that a player hit, while going to the ground, still scores despite the ball coming out...and the problem with that is, it wouldn't make sense on any other part of the field.

Plus, it leaves a major gap when determining whether or not a player had possession when he scores, and that relates to any catch on any part of the field.

And I seriously laughed at the OP tossing politics into the mix. Yes, Chicago was handed the game because "Chicago runs the US." That must be why they have been dominant for so many seasons since their last Super Bowl victory, in 1986. Eight winning seasons in two decades.

#6 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,001 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted September 16, 2010 - 07:00 AM

The reason the NFL has this rule (and others like it) is to eliminate interpretation. Having said that, it's a terrible rule that cost the Lions a game. The ball is caught, his feet and body are in the end zone...touchdown.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#7 JohnMcCartney

JohnMcCartney

Rookie

• 691 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted September 16, 2010 - 08:14 AM

what was the bad call? i heard about it but didn't really know what happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users