• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#181 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,472 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 06, 2013 - 10:23 PM

Everything in the movies is canon<br />You like it or not. <br />The old Republic period is more interesting than what the movies show

The whole darth raven period was pretty cool. Lots of action that could easily be made into a movie. Also I think most people have 0 clue about the old republic unless you have read the books or played some of the video games. 

• 40,365 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 01:07 AM

Are any of you disappointed they never made a "Shadows Of The Empire" film with the likes of Dash Rendar & Xizor?

yo.

#183 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 01:18 AM

Is that the horrible N64 game. I hated flying on hoth in that game. Trying to bring down those big robots I always crashed. The controls in that game gave me a headache

But I was pretty young when that came out
Posted Image

• 40,365 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 01:28 AM

^ Yes, both game and novel.

Spoiler

yo.

#185 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,107 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted November 07, 2013 - 12:38 PM

WuzfX9U.jpg

uUcblFp.gif

#186 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,768 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2013 - 02:08 PM

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#187 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,279 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted November 09, 2013 - 05:43 AM

I always wanted more info of the previous wars. <br />Sure the jedi and the republic won in the end but i want to know what happened in the battles between. <br />And the numbers i hope they correct the number scales this time
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#188 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 12, 2013 - 01:22 AM

You do know that Jar Jar Binks thing is a fan edit right?  Good.

#189 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,768 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 01, 2013 - 08:08 PM

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#190 penguins

penguins

Rookie

• 52 posts
  • Name:Josquin
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:The Black Mamba

Posted December 30, 2013 - 02:00 PM

Vrlx1T0.png ??

http://starwars.wiki...m/wiki/Aurebesh

I'm an Empire Strikes Back kind of guy myself.

:starwars: :lakers: :penguins:

#191 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,504 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2014 - 02:36 PM

star-wars-blu-ray-brasil1.jpg

complete bluray set...on sale on amazon right now for $59.99...just picked it up, been sitting in my cart forever, waiting for this to drop...lowest i'd seen it prior to this was $74.99

Posted Image

#192 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,107 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 10:46 AM

DISNEY'S LUCASFILM AND MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT JOIN FORCES TO PUBLISH STAR WARS COMICS AND GRAPHIC NOVELS

Jedi, Sith, and the Rest of the Star Wars Universe Come to Marvel Comics in 2015

The Walt Disney Company's Lucasfilm Ltd. and Marvel Entertainment are joining forces to bring new Star Wars adventures to readers across the galaxy, with Marvel granted exclusive rights to create and publish Star Wars comics and graphic novels beginning in 2015.  

The agreement marks a homecoming for the Star Wars comic books. Marvel Comics published the first Star Wars comic book, Star Wars #1, in March 1977, which went on to sell more than 1 million copies. Marvel Comics published its Star Wars series for nine years. In 1991, Dark Horse Comics took over the license, publishing fan favorite titles like Dark Empire and Star Wars: Legacy. Last year, Dark Horse released The Star Wars #1, an adaptation of George Lucas' original rough-draft screenplay for the film, garnering rave reviews and national media attention and ranking among the top-selling Star Wars comics of all time.   

"Dark Horse Comics published exceptional Star Wars comics for over 20 years, and we will always be grateful for their enormous contributions to the mythos, and the terrific partnership that we had," said Carol Roeder, director of Lucasfilm franchise publishing, Disney Publishing Worldwide. "In 2015, the cosmic adventures of Luke, Han, Leia, and Chewbacca will make the lightspeed jump back to Marvel, to begin a new age of adventures within the Star Wars universe."    

"We here at Marvel could not be more excited to continue the publication of Star Wars comic books and graphic novels," said Marvel worldwide publisher and president, Dan Buckley. "The perennial brand of Star Wars is one of the most iconic in entertainment history and we are honored to have the opportunity to bring our creative talent pool to continue, and expand Star Wars into galaxies far, far away."    

"We're incredibly excited by this next chapter in the Star Wars saga," said Andrew B. Sugerman, executive vice president of Disney Publishing Worldwide. "Bringing together the iconic Lucasfilm and Marvel brands to tell new stories will allow us to continue to thrill lovers of the original Star Wars comic books and entertain generations to come."    

Marvel has continued to push comic book publishing forward with innovations and experiments like motion comics and digital-only releases, in addition to its deep, ongoing catalog of monthly series and graphic novels created by some of the industry's most gifted artists and writers.

(Via Star Wars)

uUcblFp.gif

#193 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,999 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 03, 2014 - 08:55 PM

:hmm:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#194 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 12:32 PM

Marvel published Star Wars comics back when I was a kid and was the original comic license holder.

Now that Disney owns both this deal has been in the works for a long time.  They were just waiting for Dark Horse's license to run out.  No surprise.

#195 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,107 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 12:49 PM

I just hope they don't do any crossover BS.

uUcblFp.gif

#196 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted January 08, 2014 - 02:21 AM

That Blu-Ray set is a joke, they need to include the un-Lucasized versions of the original trilogy...

Nice deal though, the price should stay that way...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#197 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 02:26 AM

I just hope they don't do any crossover BS.

I'll bet the first thing they try to come out with is a Star Wars / Avengers cross over complete with movie adaptation...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#198 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted January 10, 2014 - 01:47 AM

100% sure that will never happen outside of a fan film.

Disney has done seriously right by Marvel and the films around that universe.  Don't know why so many panic or talk crap about them with the Star Wars / Lucasfilm properties.  They know what they're doing and if anyone was to buy the Star Wars universe from Lucasfilm, I'm glad it was Disney and not a company that has no idea how to create entertaining / solid stuff.

This is coming from a Star Wars freak from that first time I saw Star Wars in a theatre in '77.  It inspired me to follow the entertainment / art fields and has had a huge impact on my life.

Disney will do right by Lucasfilm, you'll see (as long as Jim Buss doesn't get involved - ;)).

#199 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts

Posted January 10, 2014 - 03:15 AM

:laughing: I know I was just having some fun responding to that post about no crossover BS...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#200 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,864 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 10, 2014 - 12:37 PM

Is that the horrible N64 game. I hated flying on hoth in that game. Trying to bring down those big robots I always crashed. The controls in that game gave me a headache

But I was pretty young when that came out

What!!?!!?!!???!!
That game was awsome
That level was awsome

It was difficult and had a lot of fun aspects

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users