#1 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,971 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 07, 2010 - 12:57 PM

The Heisman Trophy Trust is expected to strip former USC running back Reggie Bush of his 2005 Heisman Trophy and leave the award vacant, Yahoo Sports reported.

Two sources close to the trust said the organization is completing its investigation and will agree with the NCAA's finding that Bush accepted improper benefits while at USC and was ineligible during the 2005 season, according to the report. The NCAA cited USC for "lack of institutional control" and handed the Trojans four years' probation, a two-year bowl ban and a reduction in football scholarships.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5542215
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#2 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted September 07, 2010 - 01:40 PM

"I can tell you the Heisman Trophy trust has made no decision regarding the Reggie Bush situation," Robert Whalen, executive director of the Heisman Trophy Trust, told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

"The status of the USC/Bush matter remains unchanged. Any reports to the contrary are inaccurate," Dockery said.

ESPN's Chris Fowler told "SportsCenter" that although members of the eight-person trust have had informal conversations among themselves about what to do about Bush's Heisman, "they certainly have not made any decision" about rescinding it.

"They haven't made a decision. No announcement is imminent," Fowler said Tuesday. "They have not had any formal meetings about this."

Posted Image

Edited by TheBigFish, September 07, 2010 - 01:40 PM.

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#3 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

The "D" In Dwight Howard Is Silent

• 6,408 posts
  • Name:Django
  • Fan Since:1860
  • Fav. Laker:Ain't No TV Yet

Posted September 07, 2010 - 01:44 PM

Some things are Waaaay better than the Heisman...Posted Image

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#4 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,978 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted September 07, 2010 - 02:09 PM

The Heisman gets you the chicks, so no, give me the Heisman and I'll work my way to hotties like this

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#5 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted September 07, 2010 - 02:24 PM

Lol if I was Reggie and Kim K was in my future I would have taken the money and took my frustrations out later. Posted Image

Edited by TheBigFish, September 07, 2010 - 02:26 PM.

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#6 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted September 07, 2010 - 05:20 PM

Many reports are saying they haven't made any decision yet.

To me it'd be stupid to take his Heisman, he didn't do anything to enhance his actual performance on the field. People just couldn't tackle him and he was the best college football player in 2005. He deserves it.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#7 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,971 posts

Posted September 08, 2010 - 05:58 AM

Well, he doesn't have that anymore either. lol
Pau Gasol is TRASH

• 39,007 posts

Posted September 08, 2010 - 11:27 AM

OJ Simpson was charged with murder and he still has his Heisman. C'mon now.

yo.

#9 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,113 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted September 08, 2010 - 11:57 AM

OJ Simpson was charged with murder and he still has his Heisman. C'mon now.

You might be missing the point.....

veqdeg.jpg

#10 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,938 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 08, 2010 - 01:21 PM

As a USC fan here's my take...

His family broke the rules. One of the main things that has been talked about but kind of ignored is that Reggie Bush never directly took anything for himself. It was his family who had the house, car, etc. Now according to the rules, that would make him ineligible. So really an ineligible player cannot receive any reward.

They can take his heisman away. But nothing he did off the field had any impact on the fact that he was the best college football player that season.

That's exactly why its funny when I hear people call Reggie a cheater and all that crap. He didn't take performance enhancing drugs, thats cheating. His family living in a house that was being paid for did not make him stronger or faster on the field. He simply broke the rules and has to live with the consequences. But nothing that happened should take away from his season that year. He was a beast that year, whether anyone likes it or not, thats a fact.

#11 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,971 posts

Posted September 08, 2010 - 05:43 PM

As a USC fan here's my take...

His family broke the rules. One of the main things that has been talked about but kind of ignored is that Reggie Bush never directly took anything for himself. It was his family who had the house, car, etc. Now according to the rules, that would make him ineligible. So really an ineligible player cannot receive any reward.

They can take his heisman away. But nothing he did off the field had any impact on the fact that he was the best college football player that season.

That's exactly why its funny when I hear people call Reggie a cheater and all that crap. He didn't take performance enhancing drugs, thats cheating. His family living in a house that was being paid for did not make him stronger or faster on the field. He simply broke the rules and has to live with the consequences. But nothing that happened should take away from his season that year. He was a beast that year, whether anyone likes it or not, thats a fact.

good point
Pau Gasol is TRASH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users