Photo

Boardwalk Empire

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 01:54 PM

Okay, I'm finally all caught up now. I went on a wicked marathon yesterday watching all of the recordings from this season on the DVR. Pretty good stuff, although I also must confess, I haven't always done this, in fact, never really, but if there are ever any scenes or characters that I don't particularly care too much for about if even at all, I'll kinda fast forward through them a bit, even knowing that yes it's possible I may miss potentially significant information that'll come to fruition later.

It's a risk/sacrifice I'm willing to take though. Still enjoy the show overall and the majority of characters, scenes, & dialogues. It's just a very few times I feel compelled to do it, although also I could probably say I felt more compelled to do it since I went on such a consecutive marathon that I didn't feel like sorta wasting time on a few what seemed to be like draggish scenes.

http://www.funnyordi...e-state-of-mind

Everything about that was pretty awesome except for the singing part. They could've really done without that. The beat goes hard though. Love how they remixed it. Some real legit rapper/artist should sample it. Thanks for sharing.

- the harrow twins storyline could be interesting rest of the season, richard finally had enough of the cold blooded killing with the dog scene?

- loved this quote during that chalky white scene, "i saw a servant pretending to be a king"

- "who's feelin like a hero?" - capone...YES AL!! whoop that ass!!

- the doc EFFED that woman up damn!

I was sorta kinda interested in the Harrow twins storyline a bit at first, but as time went on I became less interested so I don't really care for the female too much. RH yes, but not the chick.

Yes, same here. That quote combined with the previous scene leading up to it and delivery was brilliant.

Capone got me pumped up! Such a lively adrenaline-pumped character. He's gotta' definitely lead the way now more than ever without good ol' Gyp Rossetti.

She had it coming her way, but I will admit I didn't really see that coming. I was pleasantly surprised.

Now J. Edgar Hoover has joined the mix.

What's to become of Nelson now? The guys getting in deeper & deeper with Capone.

For some reason I really had no idea such a name & character like J. Edgar Hoover was going to appear on this show. I guess I didn't do enough research, but it's pretty awesome that such a historic figure like that is appearing. Cool just hearing his unique way of speaking.

I think Nelson has sorta lost that freedom to some degree of completely being his own man. He feels obligated now to look after his significant other and kids in one way or another, even if that includes being dragged around & used (as he has to a large degree) sadly.

Do any of you think we'll ever see that mistress chick again of his (formerly Nucky's)? I forget her name at the moment.

- am i the only one who doesn't give a [expletive] about eli's son? i mean the scenes aren't bad or anything, but i really don't care about him lol

That kid is just messed up. Although I can sympathize with him to some extent (back in the day at least) on feeling pressured and seemingly trapped by his parents and their expectations of him in school & everything, his morals are still pretty lacking and he seems to caught up in trying to be popular, show off, & make a name for himself, but seemingly for the wrong reasons. He's a complete young & immature wild card.

Dr.Narcisse got Dunn in his trap and he has another weapon in that singer chick  - Chalky seems to like her.

It was literally love at first sight for Chalky. The way he looked at her instantly that first time and since it's just so obvious. It's almost creepy in a way, but it ended up working out for him as she noticed and seemed to like it.

AR looks like the joker on the verge of becoming a dam walker at times, all pale & ish. 1st time they've shown him lose his composure. I'm wondering what he think when he finds out about the deal Nucky & Meyer made....

Chalky gonna fall in love. 

Lmao. Seriously. Looks like a lunatic, but doesn't act like it as much as I'd like to see. His appearance is still enough though, lol.

He already is.

- i know momma darmody isn't the nicest person, but it's kinda sad seeing her in this state, she's lonely confused and scared and just completely lost

honestly if you haven't been watching this season (which looks like the case because this thread isn't nearly as active as other shows' threads) you are really missing out

The show having shown so many sex scenes of hers throughout the seasons, I'm surprised we haven't seen any so far this. There's been a few close calls & hints/teases here & there, but nothing's come about yet. Cool seeing the guy from "Office Space" in this though, lol. Now they have two of them on the show. The other however "Mr. Stapler" I don't care for much at all. In fact, he's one of the characters as I sorta mentioned, I just kinda fast forward scenes through. His scenes typically just bore me.

Yeah I guess part of that inactivity is my fault as well. I used to be one of the more consistent contributors to this thread, but like I said I just caught up on everything as of recently basically and trust me, I wanted to come in here numerous times, but held off since I didn't want the spoilers and knew I'd eventually get around to getting back on this show again.

You're right though, it has been pretty good and deserves more love from here, but even for a show like "Breaking Bad", for as much love & activity as it started getting especially this last season from members here, it still wasn't enough. I still get disappointed when I see certain members posting in other show's threads and not shows as great & legendary as "BB" & say to myself, man oh man, if only they knew what they're missing. For example Windu (usually just "The Walking Dead" of active shows) & netlord ("Lost").

I really hate how last week the final scene showed an enraged Al Capone & then this week he doesn't even come out. 

Couldn't agree more. Total bull[expletive] and it's not the first time the show's done it. I know & realize they have a lot of characters & storylines to go through, but we're talking Al Capone here. He should get first billing at this point over Nucky already. More people care about & get excited over Capone. Even last year, why do they think people (the audience) responded so well & loved Rossetti so much? Cause he's a lively ticking bomb type character.

Nucky's just too stale & calm too often. You're not gonna' get a badass out of him too often. Mostly just political-like scenes. Give the people what they want more man and don't get me wrong, I'm not a total Nucky hater or anything, I still do watch his scenes & enjoy many, but I'm just sayin' again, that damn it, I wish they prioritized Capone even more than they do already still. He should come out in just about every single episode, especially at this point & season in the series already.

yo.

#182 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 10:30 PM

•  "i wouldn't put something alive in a box" - haha awkward reference
  • "if this was my room i'ld kill my self" - lol mickey is always clutch with his one liners
  • chalky finally slipped...man was slobbering that woman like he hadn't had any in decades lol

bw1wOGf.png

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 10:37 PM

I was gonna' mention that part, but forgot to. That was great. Bet a lot of people are pissed to see her back though.

yo.

#184 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,376 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 15, 2013 - 07:18 AM

Good episode. Both Nucky and Chalky scored  :clap2:

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Soul Smooth

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 07:21 AM

^ Yeah, but what's up with Nucky's taste all of a sudden? Has he sunken that low? I know he's an old guy & all, but c'mon, with his status & all, it's very surprising to say the least he'd bang what he did.

yo.

#186 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,376 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 08:50 AM

^ Yeah, but what's up with Nucky's taste all of a sudden? Has he sunken that low? I know he's an old guy & all, but c'mon, with his status & all, it's very surprising to say the least he'd bang what he did.

The lady just has charm that's all. Sometimes charm makes up for the so-so looks.

Who is your favorite charachter ?

Soul Smooth

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 09:16 AM

Last year Gyp Rosetti. Since he's gone by default, Al Capone. Then Van Alden.

yo.

#188 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,616 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted October 15, 2013 - 10:25 AM

^  I was wondering when you'd stop with the dang sneaking around & contribute.

I found it awkward him saying that to her knowing what happened to Owen.

You can't tell me you've NEVER done something regrettable when you were drunk?

Edited by MAMBA24ILL, October 15, 2013 - 10:29 AM.

2hf753r.jpg

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 10:28 AM

You're right. I suppose it's possible given the state he was in, but still, doesn't change the fact that I still felt a little taken aback by it & disappointed he'd go that low.

Anyway, never saw the preview for the next episode. Was Capone seen in it by any chance?

yo.

#190 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,616 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 10:30 AM

He's using her as an alley after giving her the D. I knew he was banging her the moment they met. 

Edited by MAMBA24ILL, October 15, 2013 - 10:30 AM.

2hf753r.jpg

#191 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,376 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 12:04 PM

Eargasm

Edited by Saber, October 16, 2013 - 11:46 PM.

Soul Smooth

#192 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,616 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 01:48 PM

Eargasm

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=tbzyQ6wjgdY

boardwalk-empire10.gif

2hf753r.jpg

#193 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,616 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 11:53 AM

SMH at Dunn killing that priest inside the church. Chalky needs to get his mind back in the game. Dr. N is planting seeds in the community now. 

Silly Agent Knox. Hoover stood there & took the credit for his work & ideas. 

I really could do without Margaret, Eli's son, & Gillian. I don't know why the show is holding on to these characters. Especially the ladies. 

2hf753r.jpg

#194 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,561 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 12:20 PM

god i hate dr.n

bw1wOGf.png

#195 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,616 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 12:25 PM

Ha! Imagine a conversation between Dr. Narcisse & Gyp Rosetti.

2hf753r.jpg

#196 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,463 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 22, 2013 - 12:43 PM

Ha! Imagine a conversation between Dr. Narcisse & Gyp Rosetti.

I just lol'd

#197 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,561 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 01:14 PM

i can't wait to see how capone takes care of his assigned task, it's a dream come true for him lol

bw1wOGf.png

#198 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,561 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 12:00 AM

sally got some big granny tatas lol

jim is a true fed, messing with everyone's head one by one around nuck, but he just got that baby-face that makes him seem less threatening lol

i'm glad chalky survived...and now that he knows the whole deal about the doc...."harlem on fire"

bw1wOGf.png

#199 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,616 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 10:42 AM

i can't wait to see how capone takes care of his assigned task, it's a dream come true for him lol

You mentioned that & then nothing happens, not a peep from Al.

Dam, I'm wondering what Eli is gonna do. He should tell Nucky everything Agent Knox told him.

Dunn got stabbed twice, that disloyal POS.

2hf753r.jpg

#200 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,616 posts

Posted November 04, 2013 - 11:47 AM

Chalky's ready to explode!

Is Nucky thinking of moving to Florida?

Van Alden was drunk off power throwing that money on the bed like that. 

I'm glad Richard is gonna be working with Nucky. He's a bad boy when he goes into action. 

2hf753r.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users