Lovin' the changes. Great work Real Deal :rock:

#82 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,334 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 05, 2010 - 08:23 AM

Facebook integration should be working now. So if you update your status here, it updates your Facebook status. Oh, and it does other cool stuff. Nifty!

#83 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted September 05, 2010 - 09:45 AM

Don't know who to thank but the mobile site is off the hook on my Droid. So nice!

#84 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,334 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted September 05, 2010 - 10:20 AM

Don't know who to thank but the mobile site is off the hook on my Droid. So nice!

That's all Brandon.

• 40,398 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 10:48 AM

So there's no way to view who gave a +1 to whomever if you weren't involved in it yourself right? Cause I just tried it like once or twice and accidentally ending up giving someone a +1 just cause I was trying to find out if it was possible to view who gave +1s even if you weren't involved directly yourself.

Was this done by purpose RD? If so, why?

I asked this earlier and didn't get a response.

And is there any way to make it show people's "About me" as the default when clicking on profiles? I like that and I would assume most people would prefer it shows that over the status updates.

Thanks for mentioning this. I noticed this yesterday, but didn't say anything about it, but just got on a little while ago, went to my profile and saw it changed, good!!! :bow:

... Also, how come that option that used to exist for a while seemingly doesn't any more? Is there any way to get it back? The one where it helped avoid people double and triple posting sometimes? Like you make a post right after the one you made, but if it's within a certain time-frame, like 1-3 minutes or even seconds of course as well, it'll just combine into your previous one? That was an awesome feature,option, why is it gone? Anyway to implement back in again?

... Also, is there any way for when one deletes a post or posts, for the actual stats on one's post count, not to stay the same, but to diminish as well? In other words, for both parties to be accurate? I mean common sense would say it's logical and should be case that if you literally delete a post, then a post should come off of your post count as well?

good work on the green color change on the latest posts as well.. much more calm & tolerable color now.. : )

Edited by Æ₧™, September 05, 2010 - 12:33 PM.

yo.

#86 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 05, 2010 - 01:17 PM

So there's no way to view who gave a +1 to whomever if you weren't involved in it yourself right? Cause I just tried it like once or twice and accidentally ending up giving someone a +1 just cause I was trying to find out if it was possible to view who gave +1s even if you weren't involved directly yourself.

I asked this earlier and didn't get a response.

I must have skipped over the post. You SHOULD be able to see all reputation, no matter what. I'm going to go and look at the options. On OTR, my girlfriend's account, I can see it...and she's listed as a regular member.

Then again, OTR's board version is two months older than this one, so maybe there's something changed. I'll look.

Also, how come that option that used to exist for a while seemingly doesn't any more? Is there any way to get it back? The one where it helped avoid people double and triple posting sometimes? Like you make a post right after the one you made, but if it's within a certain time-frame, like 1-3 minutes or even seconds of course as well, it'll just combine into your previous one? That was an awesome feature,option, why is it gone? Anyway to implement back in again?

It actually quit working on the old version, and I disabled it. It slipped my mind to enable it after the update, so I'll do that soon.

Also, is there any way for when one deletes a post or posts, for the actual stats on one's post count, not to stay the same, but to diminish as well? In other words, for both parties to be accurate? I mean common sense would say it's logical and should be case that if you literally delete a post, then a post should come off of your post count as well?

Nope, because that would be running what's called a query for every post deletion, and the board recounts posts as a whole. So, basically, with every post deleted, the board would recount all posts of each member, which is unnecessary, and that's why it's not an option.

It's a little different from something like topic views, which keeps a count on individual topics without recounting the rest. Or member names (when changed). Or signature changes. We have over 3,000 members, so it would be recounting posts for all of them each deleted post.

#87 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 02:04 PM

Posted Image

Change the blue/green to purple.

#88 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts
  • Name:Spooky
  • Fan Since:88'

Posted September 05, 2010 - 02:36 PM

I can see other peoples +1's fine.

#89 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,128 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted September 05, 2010 - 02:44 PM

I can see other peoples +1's fine.

me too.

love that feature lol

#90 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 02:52 PM

Posted Image

Change the blue/green to purple.

Ah, I thought you guys were talking about the ones at the top of each forum (a couple of you PM'ed me). My bad.

Thanks...should be changed.

#91 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 03:00 PM

It's worked fine for me since the update

#92 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,044 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 03:02 PM

You click the number - not the +

• 40,398 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 03:20 PM

Oh my bad on the +1 guys & RD... I just figured it out, quite simple really, again my bad, lol.

& thanks for the responses on my other questions RD, hope the double posts/triple posts subject can be fixed and enabled indeed.

yo.

#94 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

• 3,051 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 03:24 PM

One note:

I think the Image in all of the "Sectional Bars" should say the name of the Section, not TheLakersNation.

Talking about the purple bars seen here:

Posted Image

#95 SHOaks

SHOaks

GO LAKERS!

• 561 posts
  • Fan Since:The Dark Days, 04-05
  • Fav. Laker:Anyone not named Kwame Brown

Posted September 05, 2010 - 03:26 PM

Am I the only one that likes the site better?
working on my sig...

• 40,398 posts

In response to RJ's latest post:

Ehh, I'm not sure about that one. Doesn't look THAT bad the way it is now, but who knows, maybe a lot of people agree with you, maybe not.

Not at all. Tons of people. Haven't you been reading some of the responses?

Edited by Æ₧™, September 05, 2010 - 03:27 PM.

yo.

#97 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

• 3,051 posts

I pretty much love it.

#98 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 03:29 PM

One note:

I think the Image in all of the "Sectional Bars" should say the name of the Section, not TheLakersNation.

That's possible with some advanced coding (I have done something similar with my team forums on OTR, images matching them), but the problem is that it would have to be done to all forums and subforums, and then I'd have to separate those from the OTHER maintitle bars for both topic index AND post index. AND every new forum would need a new image, and each image bar is 25-30 kb in size, six (five for you normal people, lol) on the main index. It would drag the main board index when you scroll.

Lots of issues there. ;)

#99 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

• 3,051 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 03:31 PM

That's possible with some advanced coding (I have done something similar with my team forums on OTR, images matching them), but the problem is that it would have to be done to all forums and subforums, and then I'd have to separate those from the OTHER maintitle bars for both topic index AND post index. AND every new forum would need a new image, and each image bar is 25-30 kb in size, six (five for you normal people, lol) on the main index. It would drag the main board index when you scroll.

Lots of issues there. ;)

Thought so. When I had my clan forums up, I did something like that and it was a PITA.

One more thing:

These should be Gold:

Posted Image

The grey currently being used gives the idea that you are unable to click on those buttons.

• 40,398 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 03:34 PM

One more thing:

These should be Gold:

Posted Image

The grey currently being used gives the idea that you are unable to click on those buttons.

I kinda agree. Also when you're making a post, on preview post, it's grey as well, should probably be gold, almost makes it look like you can't click on it as you say.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users