1112 replies to this topic

#861 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,139 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted October 03, 2013 - 01:50 AM

So mayweather versus khan huh?... I'm sorry but what a joke of a fight... :/ lol

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 08:12 AM

^ No need to be sorry. It absolutely is and most people know it. A few of us talked about the potentiality of it right after the Canelo fight a while back in this very place and it was said to be highly possible mainly because of Khan's name drawing a huge number in the UK still, which ultimately means it's more about money than the actual competition here. Danny Garcia for instance, wouldn't draw as much attention & money sadly, even though he's the far superior boxer and fighter at this point.

Think there's a rematch in the works for mid December. 

Certainly not as appealing as a Golovkin/Jr, but a well-deserved rematch nonetheless. Let's see if Jr. takes his preparation more seriously this time around & if not & Vera can have a similar type of fight, this time, you'd have to think with all the attention & pressure on the judges, they couldn't possibly put up another robbery.

yo.

#863 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,391 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted October 03, 2013 - 08:27 AM

I see Floyd with a KO of Khan. It's tailor made. 

GGG has a bout scheduled. A motivated Jr. washes Vera. His signature body attacks were nowhere to be found. 

veqdeg.jpg

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 10:59 AM

Any fights this Saturday on HBO or Showtime?

I see Floyd with a KO of Khan. It's tailor made.

There's really no reason he shouldn't.

A motivated Jr. washes Vera. His signature body attacks were nowhere to be found.

I agree, but a motivated and fully prepared Chavez although one would think this time around would be a safe bet, is still no guarantee.

yo.

#865 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,391 posts

Posted October 04, 2013 - 10:26 AM

Cotto - Rodriguez

veqdeg.jpg

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 04, 2013 - 02:46 PM

^ Sweet. Good thing it's non PPV I'm assuming.

Haven't seen Cotto in a minute, but I've always enjoyed watching how he fights. My favorite part of his game is when he does body work on his opponents.

Tim Bradley singing in Spanish:

Bradley on the corrido he was singing:

Spoiler

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Says He Wants To Train With Robert Garcia
Spoiler

Ricky Hatton's son is amazing:

Freddie Roach says he fells asleep in Mayweather's last two fights:
Spoiler

Does Robert Garcia have the blueprint to beat Mayweather?
Spoiler

Someone else agrees with you & I MAMBA.
Spoiler

Nelly discusses whether Mayweather's the greatest of all-time:

Spoiler

Edited by    , October 04, 2013 - 02:59 PM.

yo.

#867 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,980 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted October 05, 2013 - 07:55 AM

“I think there are too many self governing bodies out there, there's just too many that are confusing to the public and to the fans. I'm a fighter and it’s confusing to me. I think champions should fight champions and unify the division, it’s more than just money, it’s bragging rights. Back in the day when we fought we fought for pride too, we fought for the money no question about that but we fought for pride, you stood up for the championship that you owned.” 

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#868 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,980 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 09:43 AM

1240618_10152560264873797_2119894773_n.p

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 12:43 PM

^ James Kirkland right? I've seen him fight in person before. The only boxing match I've ever been to to date. It was a pretty cool experience. Shame I haven't gone to more.

Cotto tonight. I'll have to probably just DVR it though cause I'll definitely be watching my Lakers.

yo.

#870 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,133 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 11:06 PM

Was the Cotto fight worth watching? I missed it. 

hR3rI.png

#871 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,886 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 06, 2013 - 10:15 PM

That Cotto fight was over real quick ... was watching the lakers game at wild wings and looked over to watch the cotto fight and it was already over lol.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#872 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,391 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 09:12 AM

I really wish James Kirkland would get it together. He's a very powerful & talented fighter. 

veqdeg.jpg

#873 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,980 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 08:15 PM

#874 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,391 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 01:25 PM

ibrxAFI15vbxF4.gif

iGUYWSHGdVtXy.gif

iJeoh5dBhLGfA.gif

Edited by MAMBA24ILL, October 14, 2013 - 01:26 PM.

veqdeg.jpg

#875 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,980 posts

Posted October 17, 2013 - 10:29 AM

#876 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,391 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 10:34 AM

1125830.jpg

Anyone catch the 30 for 30 No Mas? It was pretty good. 

veqdeg.jpg

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 02:44 AM

yo.

#878 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,691 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 20, 2013 - 06:59 PM

1125830.jpg

Anyone catch the 30 for 30 No Mas? It was pretty good. 

Yeah I did.    it was pretty good.  Duran still seems to be holding all that from way back then.   Doesn't want to admit to himself that he quit.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#879 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,391 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 10:12 AM

Yeah. He's made himself look sad & pathetic not wanting to admit he quit out of frustration. Instead he busted out a greatest hits of excuses. 

Didn't watch it but can't believe Alvarado quit in front of his home crowd. Ruslan is no joke tho. 

veqdeg.jpg

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 04:13 PM

Didn't watch it but can't believe Alvarado quit in front of his home crowd. Ruslan is no joke tho. 

Not even recorded it? You better make damn sure you find time to catch the replay I ain't even kidding. It was one of the best of the year.

Both fighters are fun as heck to watch, especially Ruslan & since I saw the fight, I guess you can sorta say MA quit, but it's kinda unfair to just throw it out that way so semi-disrespectfully (even if that wasn't your intention) if you didn't see the fight.

My point is if you saw the fight (and I really hope you do eventually) and know about MA's history about being tough as nails and never wanting to back down, this right here my friend, was just too much. The last thing he wanted to do was stop as badly as he was getting beaten, but even after the fight as depressed as he was, he said it himself that at some point he figured he couldn't do that to his family, stay in there and take more when he had nothing left at that point and potentially be left with severe brain damage in the future. It could've gotten' much more ugly.

Ruslan literally broke him as Max Kellerman said. That in itself was beyond impressive. No one else had ever done such in that way, not even Rios the first time he fought him.

RP's like a machine. He just keeps coming forward and coming forward. You hit him with big shots and he just seemingly walks through them time & time again. It's downright scary.

I hope he gets a chance sometime in the future to avenge his loss against Bradley. He could've won that fight as he clearly hurt TB much more seriously, but the problem was he was a tad too inactive a few rounds here & there and that ended up costing him. He even acknowledged this later on after watching the tape.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users