Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,175 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted July 27, 2013 - 11:23 AM

tyson-smiling.jpg

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#802 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,144 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 27, 2013 - 08:10 PM

Well Berto just got ktfo.

If that right shoulder keeps bothering him and holding him back in fights he maybe should stop fighting.

Was a great fight, knocked Soto down in the 11th and then got decked in the 12th and stopped.

But if that right shoulder is gonna be an indefinite problem for him he may want to retire.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 05:38 PM

^ Wow Maj. Is that your first appearance here? Never knew you were a boxing fan, awesome.

I thought Berto's knockout of Soto was more of a low blow, but what I was most disappointed about was the final scores from the judges .I can't say I'm shocked sadly cause that's boxing sometimes, but my goodness, Soto dominated him so disgustingly on numbers alone in virtually every category and yet the judges had the results they had? Beyond disgraceful. Thank God Soto made to sure to knock him out and have justice. It must've been a proud moment seeing Soto's Wife & two little children there supporting him and cheering him on. I loved Soto's interview afterwards. Guy is chingon (a badass).

Yesterday was a fantastic day of boxing overall.

The previous fight in that event Figueroa against the Asian dude was absolutely incredible. Scoring-wise it wasn't exactly all that close, but my goodness, that Asian guy displayed some of the most courage & bravery you'll ever see. He was constantly getting battered, but yet he just kept coming forward and coming forward letting them go. Unbelievable spirit. Gotta' respect that.

The first fight was pretty decent too. I thought the Argentinian would take it, but credit to Thurman. He adjusted better as the fight went on and his power seemed to be a little more overwhelming than the other guy's.

On HBO's boxing event in China there were some solid fights as well.

The first fight with the Mexican Russian Gradovich against a tough Argentinian was quite entertaining. The fight itself wasn't entirely too close, but watching Gradovich just put on a clinic from start to finish was extremely impressive. That conditioning of his must be off the charts. Robert Garcia and the rest of them boys down in Oxnard have done an amazing job with him. Very fun and impressive guy to watch. Constantly active in there and coming forward a lot, but very skilled as well, not just all brawling (which I don't mind either anyway). The Argentinian's face after the fight was a mess, not so much bloody-wise, but he had these huge lumps on both sides of his face seemingly. Very grotesque. Credit to him as well for never quitting and finishing the fight. He really probably took more punishment that his corner should've let him, especially being so far behind in the fight.

Then the Mexican Estrada fight against the undefeated Filipino was pretty good as well. Estrada really picked it up in the second half of the fight and his power & will just took over, but the Filipino dude was very tough and intense throughout. Fought with a lot of heart as well. Much respect.

The main event was pretty mehh to me overall.

Was cool hearing George Foreman announce though although he seemed pretty bias to me a lot of the time to be honest. He was usually complimenting one fighter over the other in each of the fights it seemed way more often & staying more quiet about the other. I thought it seemed kinda obvious, but since he was going for who I was going for usually, it didn't bother me as much I'll admit.

Larry Merchant came back. Didn't expect that. He was still very slow in his delivery although of course he's extremely old and that's to be expected, but still..was interesting that he was there working again.

Didn't care too much for the other random guy. Just neutral.

The Top Rank girls/models were nice and I was a little surprised HBO showed a little more of them this time than usual (although still not enough), but still..

yo.

#804 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,227 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 05:40 PM

Showtime and Goldenboy delivering the goods again. Great night of boxing last night. 

hR3rI.png

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 05:42 PM

You've got that right. Oscar's on a role. He gives us fans what we want more often than not. He gets it.

yo.

#806 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,144 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 07:59 PM

I gotta give major credit to Berto.

I was about to stop watching after the 5th round.  I was afraid it was going to be another Peret situation.

It was THAT bad.   Berto's arm was gone, he had fallen on it, was taking a beating and tried to keep fighting with one arm.

Credit to him for fighting back with one arm and finding a way to drop Soto with a body shot(the replay showed it was right on the button not low).   But Berto should retire.  No shame in the effort he put in last night. 

#807 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,144 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 10:06 PM

tyson-smiling.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 08:52 PM

Another awesome fight coming up. Good job boxing.

Mike Alvarado vs Ruslan Provodnikov Set for October 19th in Denver

Mike-Alvarado.jpg

yo.

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 09:30 PM

Knockout of the year or not? Def. candidate at least:

http://blacksportson...the-year-video/

Edited by    , August 05, 2013 - 09:30 PM.

yo.

#810 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,572 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted August 06, 2013 - 12:31 PM

^ That dam lazy jab got him KO'd. 

2hf753r.jpg

#811 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,234 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted August 06, 2013 - 07:50 PM

Nice ass knockout haha

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 09:31 PM

yo.

#813 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,572 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 01:52 PM

daniel-jacobs-giovanni-lorenzo-face.gif

2hf753r.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 02:02 PM

^ Saw that on Fox Sports Live yesterday. Devastating blow. Oscar & Golden Boy are dominating the game.

yo.

#815 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,572 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 10:58 AM

Props to Oscar & his work. He's really giving back to boxing. 

2hf753r.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 07:16 PM

Santa Cruz kicked ass again. Damn he left that dude's eye completely shut. Poor guy.

Mares about to take to the ring.

Showtime & Golden Boy been beating HBO & Top Rank most of the time in better events/fights.

yo.

#817 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,227 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 07:38 PM

[expletive] my boy got ktfo

hR3rI.png

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm a big Mares fan as well. Not just the way he fights, but the person he is. I've got tremendous respect for him. That was a devastating way to lose and the announcer was right, he should've tried hugging a bit after getting up from the first knockout, but knowing the warrior in him, the way he went about it instead wasn't surprising.

I thought it was pretty obvious though JG's gameplan there in that first round. He was being overly cautious just basically waiting for Mares to finally make those first moves and bring the fight to him so he could just wait for a perfect counter surprise shot and that's basically what he did. Kind of a wuss move to me in my eyes, but sometimes hey, that's boxing. I just have less respect for guys that make a concerted effort just to do that instead of matching the aggressiveness of the opposing fighter.

yo.

#819 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,572 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 07:56 PM

I wouldn't call putting a fighter as good as Abner on his tail & then finishing him second later a wuss move. Mares just got caught & never had time to recover. JG did what he told everyone he was gonna do.

2hf753r.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Most true Mexican fighters will bring it from the get-go or at least as soon as the opposing fighter does, especially if he's a Mexican as well. That's the way I saw it, but I guess I could be wrong. Either way, considering how many knockouts JG has had over his long career, I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users