1129 replies to this topic

#701 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,488 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted May 04, 2013 - 08:26 PM

Dont see how Mayweather fights are boring, dude is still amazing at age 36 it's like watching kobe bryant at age 34.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, May 04, 2013 - 08:27 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#702 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 04, 2013 - 08:32 PM

Dont see how Mayweather fights are boring, dude is still amazing at age 36 it's like watching kobe bryant at age 34.

Too much [expletive] footing basically, then again that is just boxing. I prefer a slug fest more street style fighting. I respect Mayweathers game guy is a great fighter, boxing just isnt my cup of tea anymore with a lack of heavy weights.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

• 40,603 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 08:35 PM

If you want that, then just watch Mexicans. They almost never disappoint. That is, true Mexicans.

yo.

#704 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 08:42 PM

ahaha ^^ point me in the direction

• 40,603 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 08:49 PM

Did you watch the previous two fights on the undercard? Those were slugfest quality. There's a ton of awesome fights to watch in boxing still, you just have to look for them. I mentioned Mexicans, but Argentinians are real tough too. Maidana and Matthysse are fun to watch.

yo.

#706 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Did you watch the previous two fights on the undercard? Those were slugfest quality. There's a ton of awesome fights to watch in boxing still, you just have to look for them. I mentioned Mexicans, but Argentinians are real tough too. Maidana and Matthysse are fun to watch.

Naa I didnt watch the undercard fights just tuned in for the big title fight since I was bored. I'm sure there is but I havent really looked to much in to it.

#707 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,488 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 08:58 PM

Too much [expletive] footing basically, then again that is just boxing. I prefer a slug fest more street style fighting. I respect Mayweathers game guy is a great fighter, boxing just isnt my cup of tea anymore with a lack of heavy weights.

Yea true it's not what it used to be. Always got UFC! =]

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, May 04, 2013 - 08:59 PM.

• 40,603 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 09:00 PM

Let me throw you some names that are usually worth watching from a fan perspective almost always guaranteeing actual action, blood, knockouts, wobbly legs:

Canelo Alvarez

Brandon Rios

Mike Alvarado

Mikey Garcia

Lucas Matthysse

Marcos Maidana

Josesito Lopez

Adrien Broner

Abner Mares

Daniel Ponce De Leon

Leo Santa Cruz

Timothy Bradley (since his last fight)

Gennadiy Golovkin

Ruslan Provodnikov

Danny Garcia

Amir Khan (fun to watch, but even funner cause he almost always gets knocked out lol)

Juan Manuel Marquez

Manny Pacquiao (though he's probably a bit past his prime now)

Victor Ortiz (sometimes, though lately not so much)

Edited by    , May 04, 2013 - 09:01 PM.

yo.

#709 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 09:01 PM

Yea true it's not what it use to be. Always got UFC! =]

Yea thats what I watch a lot more of then boxing. The rumors of the Silva and Jones fight just have me hype at the thought of it. That will be one hell of a fight if it were to happen.

#710 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,488 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 09:06 PM

Yea thats what I watch a lot more of then boxing. The rumors of the Silva and Jones fight just have me hype at the thought of it. That will be one hell of a fight if it were to happen.

Yea same. Yea I've been hearing that same rumors I think I even heard it from White, it would be freakin sick I swear. I Wouldn't know who to choose at all to win that fight.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, May 04, 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#711 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 09:07 PM

Let me throw you some names that are usually worth watching from a fan perspective almost always guaranteeing actual action, blood, knockouts, wobbly legs:

Canelo Alvarez

Brandon Rios

Mike Alvarado

Mikey Garcia

Lucas Matthysse

Marcos Maidana

Josesito Lopez

Adrien Broner

Abner Mares

Daniel Ponce De Leon

Leo Santa Cruz

Gennadiy Golovkin

Ruslan Provodnikov

Danny Garcia

Amir Khan (fun to watch, but even funner cause he almost always gets knocked out lol)

Juan Manuel Marquez

Thanks, Im gonna have to give some of these fighters a look because theres nothing like watching a good fight in the ring.

• 40,603 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 09:07 PM

On their feet, Silva, on the ground, Jones.

yo.

#713 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Yea same. Yea I've been hearing that same rumors I think I even heard it from White, it would be freakin sick I swear. I Wouldn't know who to choose at all to win that fight.

It would be a great fight to watch and could go either way, but Silva is the best striker in the world and even though Jones has the reach if the fight is fought more on the feet I have to give it to Silva you just cant hit the guy, and when you do he is great at rolling away from the punches to limit the damage.

If it goes to the ground though Jones has the better shot, I mean when he rains those elbows down its almost unfair, but Silva has great technique in the clinch and probably is working on his wrestling as we speak right now, Jones just never leaves himself open for a submission like other fighters he is great at pacing himself on the ground. Its hard to pick against either guy because their both great fighters, but I feel that Silva would win, when he is zoned in and isnt trying to be a show off ass hole he is the best fighter in the world IMO.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, May 04, 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#714 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,488 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 09:30 PM

It would be a great fight to watch and could go either way, but Silva is the best striker in the world and even though Jones has the reach if the fight is fought more on the feet I have to give it to Silva you just cant hit the guy, and when you do he is great at rolling away from the punches to limit the damage.

If it goes to the ground though Jones has the better shot, I mean when he rains those elbows down its almost unfair, but Silva has great technique in the clinch and probably is working on his wrestling as we speak right now, Jones just never leaves himself open for a submission like other fighters he is great at pacing himself on the ground. Its hard to pick against either guy because their both great fighters, but I feel that Silva would win, when he is zoned in and isnt trying to be a show off ass hole he is the best fighter in the world IMO.

I agree Stand up Silva but I think Silva can beat Jones on the ground too, Remember Silva is black belt and Silva is amazing off his back and has proven that, and damn sure is dangerous on top. But Jones is really dangerous on the ground so I don't know lol but I think Silva can hang if he's taken down. Boy it will be one hell of a fight

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, May 04, 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#715 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 09:34 PM

I agree Stand up Silva but I think Silva can beat Jones on the ground too, Remember Silva is black belt and Silva is amazing off his back and has proven that, and damn sure is dangerous on top. But Jones is really dangerous on the ground so I don't know lol but I think Silva can hang if he's taken down. Boy it will be one hell of a fight

Yea, good point. Its just that Jones is pretty solid on the ground with not leaving himself open for a sudden submission. The more I talk about it though the more I wanna see it lol.

#716 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,488 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yea, good point. Its just that Jones is pretty solid on the ground with not leaving himself open for a sudden submission. The more I talk about it though the more I wanna see it lol.

Yeah that is why I said I don't know they both are so great on the ground. Jones never fought someone like Silva and Silva never fought someone like Jones. And exactly, I really wanna see it now lol.

#717 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,865 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted May 04, 2013 - 11:46 PM

Canelo Alvarez

Brandon Rios

Mike Alvarado

Mikey Garcia

Lucas Matthysse

Marcos Maidana

Josesito Lopez

Adrien Broner

Abner Mares

Daniel Ponce De Leon

Leo Santa Cruz

Gennadiy Golovkin

Ruslan Provodnikov

Danny Garcia

Juan Manuel Marquez

u missed Nonito Donaire

#718 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,865 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted May 04, 2013 - 11:52 PM

Mayweather was awesome and no rust as expected, Cotto fought way better. I expected way more from Guerrero, btw where TF!!! was his upper cut so many chances to nail Floyd.

#719 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted May 05, 2013 - 07:35 AM

Too easy

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

• 40,603 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 01:34 PM

u missed Nonito Donaire

Nah, I knew about him, left him out on purpose. He hasn't been as exciting to me and several others his last several fights. He's seemed to digress a bit.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users