#221 rasta028

rasta028

Rookie

• 428 posts
  • Name:Al
  • Fan Since:1969
  • Fav. Laker:Gasol

Posted March 18, 2011 - 09:18 PM

you don't try to prevent a 3pt play at the expense of someone's health and career.

fatigue my [expletive]; it would have taken less energy to simply foul him on the arm rather than torpedo'ing his elbow into beasley's kidneys

Maybe you need to ask yourself why Drew would do that? Beasly is a bigmouth who got his butt served to him, I like that Drew sent a message to him...

#222 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 18, 2011 - 09:21 PM

Maybe you need to ask yourself why Drew would do that? Beasly is a bigmouth who got his butt served to him, I like that Drew sent a message to him...

that's bull[expletive]

this ain't streetball. you wanna send a message? dunk on him, block his shot, rebound the basketball. the message he sent is, "I'm gonna risk getting suspended just to serve your booty"

Pau Gasol is GONE

#223 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted March 18, 2011 - 09:22 PM

in that moment, yes. I don't know if he went up thinking that but the fact remains...he did it...it was dirty...and he could hurt his team if he gets suspended.

huh? how can he try to hurt him on that play and not be thinking that?

hurting a player on a play doesn't mean you intentionally were trying too
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#224 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 18, 2011 - 09:23 PM

10th straight game Laker opponent hasn't scored 100 points

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#225 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 18, 2011 - 09:23 PM

huh? how can he try to hurt him on that play and not be thinking that?

hurting a player on a play doesn't mean you intentionally were trying too

he tried to hurt him. look at the replay. he did a [expletive]ing supersaiyan spinning elbow right into beasley's kidney

Pau Gasol is GONE

#226 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted March 18, 2011 - 09:27 PM

he tried to hurt him. look at the replay. he did a [expletive]ing supersaiyan spinning elbow right into beasley's kidney

intent is hard to say. just because someone got hurt on the play doesn't mean it was intentional. Dumb foul and one out of frustration Yes. Trying to physically harm a player intentionally is a reach for you to say.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#227 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted March 18, 2011 - 09:30 PM

How can someone argue and say that wasnt a dirty play? Andrew even stared him down. If it was accidental, he would have picked him up and apologized. Dont be biased.

We were rusty as hell tonight. But at least we got the win and Dallas, Boston, and Chicago all lost :glasses:

#228 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted March 18, 2011 - 09:33 PM

How can someone argue and say that wasnt a dirty play? Andrew even stared him down. If it was accidental, he would have picked him up and apologized. Dont be biased.

We were rusty as hell tonight. But at least we got the win and Dallas, Boston, and Chicago all lost :glasses:

i didn't see the stare down. maybe u can show it?

Mike D'Antoni

#229 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,001 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted March 18, 2011 - 09:34 PM

It was dirty, and I liked every single moment of it. Pau damn sure ain't gonna be an enforcer in there so Bynum said [expletive] it I'll do it. The message needed to be sent. And again Beasley is one of my fav players...

Edited by Michael Knight, March 18, 2011 - 09:35 PM.

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#230 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted March 18, 2011 - 09:42 PM

Kurt Rambis on Bynum flagrant foul "wasn't doing anything malicious, good basketball play out of it"

thank you Kurt

Mike D'Antoni

#231 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted March 18, 2011 - 09:43 PM

If you guys noticed Beasley was jawing at Barnes not Bynum

Mike D'Antoni

#232 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 18, 2011 - 10:33 PM

If you guys noticed Beasley was jawing at Barnes not Bynum

I was thinking the same thing at the time

Beasley didn't realize it was a flagrant
The refs had to look at the instant replay
Beasley had been undercutting LAKERS all night

Payback from your big man dirty or not...........Beasley won't be driving that lane again
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#233 rasta028

rasta028

Rookie

• 428 posts

Posted March 19, 2011 - 07:30 AM

that's bull[expletive]

this ain't streetball. you wanna send a message? dunk on him, block his shot, rebound the basketball. the message he sent is, "I'm gonna risk getting suspended just to serve your booty"

Guess Beasly will think twice before going to the basket with Drew there now huh LOL? and I for one like that we have an enforcer who is saying "I own this paint, come in at your own risk"!

#234 rasta028

rasta028

Rookie

• 428 posts

Posted March 19, 2011 - 07:32 AM

God I miss the 80's where the league was REAL and alot tougher..even some of our fans are soft.....Windu?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users