LA Lakers at Miami

• Please log in to reply
945 replies to this topic

#941 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 02:10 AM

Quit acting like a dog, because you're not really a dog.

Posted Image

I thought that was posted by Mr Terrific for a second <_<

#942 rasta028

rasta028

Rookie

• 428 posts
  • Name:Al
  • Fan Since:1969
  • Fav. Laker:Gasol

Posted March 11, 2011 - 06:18 AM

Yeah, much worse than being super-confident and ignorant about the game of basketball.

The Lakers are not the best team in the NBA. They are top three, but not the best. If you can't handle that dose of reality, I'm sorry.

Will it change in June? Possibly, but I'm not going to look like a damn fool trying to analyze teams based on my bias. I value the game itself more than any team or player on the court.

I'll believe the Lakers can't win it all again when they actually lose a series in the playoffs, I feel extremely confident we can 3 peat, why not? We have great players, I just wish the playoffs could start cause this reg season crap is tiring and as for the Heat, they have much more problems then us.

Laker fans need to relax and quit panicking, we're so spoiled.

Edited by rasta028, March 11, 2011 - 08:34 AM.

#943 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,226 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 11, 2011 - 07:58 AM

I'll believe the Lakers can't win it all again when they actually lose a seires in the playoffs, I feel extremely confident we can we 3 peat, why not? We have great players, I just wish the playoffs could start cause this reg season crap is tiring and as for the Heat, they have much more problems then us.

Laker fans need to relax and quit panicking, we're so spoiled.

Didn't get to watch the game live, taped it, just got done watching it. The refs should be ashamed of themselves, they did a total hatchet job to the Lakers and no called a blatantly obvious 3 point attempt by Kobe late in the game. The Lakers played okay, Kobe had a subpar shooting night, and Mike Miller had his best game as a Heat, AND the Lakers still should have won if the officials hadn't gotten caught up in a late game dunk by Lebron and called the game fairly. Literally zero fear of this team in a Finals series, not that it matters, Lakers/Celtics rd 3 is happening.

#944 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,226 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 11, 2011 - 08:03 AM

The only thing i hate about this loss, is because we kind of gave confidence to the Heat again and Heat fans can't just stfu.

If they manufacture a lot of confidence off that win they are in worse shape than you think. They had a role player go off, got bailed out by refs (I rarely blame refs), and had our best player shoot terribly, were beyond desperate for a win, and won by 6, and should have rightfully lost the game. Besides, all the confidence in the world isn't going to matter when Boston beats them by by 15 plus in 4 straight. The Heat are built to win games, not built to win a series. Once you figure out how to defend this team they are just one dimensional, give the ball to Lebron or Wade let them do their thing, that is their entire offense.

#945 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 11, 2011 - 12:28 PM

One thing to remember...Kobe was going for that double teamed 35 footer with like 20 seconds remaining because we didn't have any timeouts left, lets say if he converted a 2 pointer, they'd be down two and Heat convert their freet hrows, we're still down 4 with very little time left so I understand the logic

But the execution was terrible...1 Bynum shouldn't have been in the game at that point after D-Whistle turned the ball over with 25 seconds remaining, you need OFFENSE, you put LO in their he stretches the defense and he makes a play, you ask Bynum to set a screen, his man Z will gladly cover Kobe up top to help Wade with the double team and Drew is useless that far away from the basket

Edited by MDI, March 11, 2011 - 12:32 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#946 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 11, 2011 - 12:56 PM

Not blaming the refs for this loss at all even though there was a few BS calls thats not why we lost. Pau's defense on Bosh was horrible we shoulda just put Drew on him and let Pau guard Dampier it's not like he woulda had much to do guarding Damp. Drew's lack of rebounding in the 1st half really affected us since Mia kept getting so many 2nd chance points we coulda entered the 2nd half with a lead. Lamar Odom was straight trash yesterday he did not show up at all. But I think the biggest reason we lost is honestly the bench they played soo bad down the stretch and Blake allowed Bibby to hit 2 crucial 3's that gave Miami a cushion. The last thing that lost us the game was Wade simply outplayed Kobe he locked Kobe up in the 2nd half and made all the right plays on the defensive end, part of that is nobody else stepped up offensively down the stretch but Kobe def deserves a lot of the blame for this loss imo.

Overall this game was not a good team effort we didn't play the way we've been playing post all-star break for some reason. Another thing that annoyed me was that our big seemed so scared of Wade when he drove one of them shoulda gave him a hard [expletive] foul to send a message or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users