2 replies to this topic

#1 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted September 29, 2008 - 06:46 PM

After Ronny Turiaf signed an offer sheet from the Golden State Warriors that went unmatched, his role of "backup big man/energy provider" needed replacement. Cue Josh Powell, a young journeyman now playing for his fifth team in as many seasons. In 2007-2008 with the Clippers, the power foward grabbed a fairly impressive tally of boards in just under 20 minutes, perhaps a sign that he can provide a spark similar to Ronny's. The M.O. certainly seems appears in line with what Powell feels he brings to the table. "Just excitement. That good energy. Good team guy. A guy to pick everyone up and keep everyone going."

Powell also confirmed my hope that he's put on weight from last season, which could make a legit option as a backup center (or, if nothing else, a more suitable option, since Powell noted that gig is already listed on his resume). In any event, Powell is happy about his new situation and came up blank when I asked if he could ever recall being on a team with more of a realistic title chance. "Not that I can think of," smiled Powell. "When I was with Dallas (in 2006), we obviously had a chance to win it that year, but we fell a little short. Hopefully, this time around, we'll hopefully be able to win it all." Here's what he had to say.

http://lakersblog.la...osh-powell.html

Listen here: http://lakersblog.la...day_9.28.08.mp3

Bleeding purple & gold...

#2 KareemTheGreat33

KareemTheGreat33

Rookie

• 75 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dwight Howard

Posted September 30, 2008 - 10:08 PM

Hopefully he brings it..The energy I mean and on the plus side he is prettier. lol

#3 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted September 30, 2008 - 11:16 PM

is it bad that when we played the clippers i was happy for him to go in the game

then again hes never played on a team that when hes on the floor he will probably be completely ignored offensively
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users