#601 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 13, 2011 - 03:06 PM

I was hoping they'd win this just so I'd feel better about losing in Charlotte tomorrow. It's like the Portland of the East, a freaking nightmare for us. Who knows though, maybe we can scrounge up a victory. 5-2 would be alright considering how sucky we were playing before the roadtrip.

#602 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,234 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted February 13, 2011 - 03:07 PM

Lakers looked so tired

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#603 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 13, 2011 - 03:07 PM

3rd loss on ABC this year. Looks like the ABC curse is back on

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#604 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 13, 2011 - 03:08 PM

I don't know if its "scared" or just resignation. He's been popped in the face at least 2x today and is fed up that he's not getting any calls.

One of those days . . .

He also gave up two oops he should've been paying attention to, and Odom busted Howard wide open with no call.

We didn't lose due to the refs, we lost because our bigs didn't control the glass and rotate well, Brown is a garbage offensive player and Blake is a garbage defender. We've seen it over and over again this season, fouls or no fouls, doesn't matter. The Lakers reverted back to the November team.

Drew and Odom did far, far better than Gasol, but none of them could contain Dwight. Other than Odom, we had just six bench points, all from Brown, who shot 3-11 and was trash.

Walton played nine minutes, racked up a turnover and zeros across the statsheet.

Artest and Fish, 4-13 combined shooting, nine points total, Ron can't make a wide-open shot to save his life.

Altogether, we shoot under 40% from the floor, 2-16 from three...and the Magic shot just 30% from three, under 50% from the floor, just 15 free throws for them and 10 for us. We should've won the game, but we didn't not because of the refs, but because we can't grab boards, contain Dwight, or hit shots.

#605 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 13, 2011 - 03:12 PM

He also gave up two oops he should've been paying attention to, and Odom busted Howard wide open with no call.

We didn't lose due to the refs, we lost because our bigs didn't control the glass and rotate well, Brown is a garbage offensive player and Blake is a garbage defender. We've seen it over and over again this season, fouls or no fouls, doesn't matter. The Lakers reverted back to the November team.

Drew and Odom did far, far better than Gasol, but none of them could contain Dwight. Other than Odom, we had just six bench points, all from Brown, who shot 3-11 and was trash.

Walton played nine minutes, racked up a turnover and zeros across the statsheet.

Artest and Fish, 4-13 combined shooting, nine points total, Ron can't make a wide-open shot to save his life.

Altogether, we shoot under 40% from the floor, 2-16 from three...and the Magic shot just 30% from three, under 50% from the floor, just 15 free throws for them and 10 for us. We should've won the game, but we didn't not because of the refs, but because we can't grab boards, contain Dwight, or hit shots.

We can do all of those things, we just didn't do them this game. They just got complacent. Everyone was saying the same damn thing when they swept us two years ago in the regular season. Then the finals came and we dominated. And this is basically the same team.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#606 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 13, 2011 - 03:19 PM

We can do all of those things, we just didn't do them this game. They just got complacent. Everyone was saying the same damn thing when they swept us two years ago in the regular season. Then the finals came and we dominated. And this is basically the same team.

We would beat Orlando in the playoffs, I'm not worried about them if we find them in the Finals. They are a better offensive team than they were, but it's not enough.

Our problems are still going to be exposed more by the Heat and Celtics, when all teams are geared and ready to go in the Finals. I'd rather play Boston...a poor rebounding team that doesn't have two of the most dominant players in the league and an all-star forward.

If we walk into the Finals with a hobbled Drew, we are going to get killed if we have to play the Heat. I don't know if he was holding his knee because he was really hurt, or because the trade deadline is less than two weeks away, but we still have work to do, and if we're going to win a third consecutive title, Drew will have to be implemented into the offense AND defense late in the game, no matter what Phil thinks is best.

#607 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted February 13, 2011 - 03:22 PM

Did anyone else go "Oh [expletive], not again..." when Drew grabbed his knee? Get Melo, deal Drew while he still has value.

#608 finalsrebound

finalsrebound

Rookie

• 297 posts
  • Name:TRAVIS
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:ODOM

Posted February 13, 2011 - 03:24 PM

pau gasol gives me a headache he's a 100x better offensively than dwight and again he settles for jump shots.
he just trows his arms like a :censored: and expects a call, he needs to man up and work on his inside game, he's unguardedble , why cant he see that???

Posted Image

#609 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 13, 2011 - 03:24 PM

We would beat Orlando in the playoffs, I'm not worried about them if we find them in the Finals. They are a better offensive team than they were, but it's not enough.

Our problems are still going to be exposed more by the Heat and Celtics, when all teams are geared and ready to go in the Finals. I'd rather play Boston...a poor rebounding team that doesn't have two of the most dominant players in the league and an all-star forward.

If we walk into the Finals with a hobbled Drew, we are going to get killed if we have to play the Heat. I don't know if he was holding his knee because he was really hurt, or because the trade deadline is less than two weeks away, but we still have work to do, and if we're going to win a third consecutive title, Drew will have to be implemented into the offense AND defense late in the game, no matter what Phil thinks is best.

Oh absolutely we have work to do, but I just don't think it's fair to our team for a lot of people on here (not aimed at you) to lose faith in this team when we have taken care of business the last two years and are extremely capable of doing it again.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#610 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,001 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted February 13, 2011 - 03:29 PM

Orlando is not a threat, they're too reliant on the 3 ball. You can't pump 3's all day and expect a championship at the end of the rainbow lol...

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#611 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua

Posted February 13, 2011 - 06:22 PM

We looked tired I'm not mad at our bigs even though to me Odom made some terrible mistakes, it was our perimeter players who did terrible but whatever off to Charlotte.

#612 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,081 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 13, 2011 - 07:30 PM

I never said we lost because of the refs.

But, at least two times in this post, you said we didn't. So, I guess it's true.

I said that it was "one of those days", and it was. I've seen this dozens and dozens of times.

Kobe (one of the most aggressive players in the game), 0 free throws.

Gasol 1 free throw.

Odom, one of our most inconsistent FT shooters at 68%, gets 10 free throws.

Not the type of game the Lakers want to play at Orlando.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#613 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,081 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 13, 2011 - 07:31 PM

Oh absolutely we have work to do, but I just don't think it's fair to our team for a lot of people on here (not aimed at you) to lose faith in this team when we have taken care of business the last two years and are extremely capable of doing it again.

Those people never had faith in this team.

Many of these people were calling the season over during Game 3 of last year's finals.

Chumps will be chumps. They aren't fans.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#614 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 13, 2011 - 07:58 PM

It looks like a blowout, we lost every single quarter. Thanks God I didn't watch it cause I was studying. Nevertheless, fatigue and cold shooting seems to be the responsible of this loss. No need to be worried at all.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#615 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 912 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted February 13, 2011 - 08:22 PM

3rd loss on ABC this year. Looks like the ABC curse is back on

I always thought it was the Sunday and holiday curse, but it might be an ABC curse.

#616 Oh La-La-Lakers

Oh La-La-Lakers

Rookie

• 28 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted February 14, 2011 - 01:27 PM

bring on Dwight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users