717 replies to this topic

#701 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 30, 2011 - 03:28 PM

I hate this team's collective effort and defensive IQ. We have soooooo many stupid players. Nate Robinson open on multiple 3's? Ray Allen open on multiple jumpers? Luke Walton leaving Paul Pierce open in the 3rd? Shannon and Blake playing up on Rondo (Give him space....HE CAN'T SHOOT THE [expletive]ING BALL)?

Most of all, I'm angry at Pau Gasol. He's tired, been to 3 straight Finals, we wouldn't have gone back-to-back without him yeah yeah yeah. That's great. But who [expletive]ing cares about that when he CLEARLY is half-assing out there on both ends of the floor? He's not defending, not scoring, and he's not even rebounding! So [expletive]ing infuriating.

Posted Image

#702 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts
  • Fan Since:Always
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza 4 MVP

Posted January 30, 2011 - 03:30 PM

I bet Kobe's just as frustrated as the rest of us. He's working his [expletive] off for nothing. He is so incredible, drawing double teams... and the other guys just stand and watch. They should be charged for the price of a courtside seat

QFT
Posted Image

#703 D-Fish

D-Fish

OVO

• 694 posts
  • Fan Since:D-Fish big shot @ 0.4
  • Fav. Laker:D-Fish

Posted January 30, 2011 - 03:30 PM

there should be no excuses for this game just showed that the Lakers have lost it and are no longer at the top of the NBA need to make some trades before the Trade deadline

#704 LakerGirl24

LakerGirl24

Rookie

• 417 posts
  • Name:Krystal
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 30, 2011 - 03:34 PM

btw, Pau's +/- for tonight?

#705 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted January 30, 2011 - 03:34 PM

National game on ABC - Of course we would embarrass ourselves again.

#706 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted January 30, 2011 - 03:50 PM

We never win important games, in the regular season.

Edited by GP1_KB24, January 30, 2011 - 03:51 PM.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#707 Hachiko

Hachiko

The Akita on TLN

• 389 posts
  • Name:JR Salazar
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 30, 2011 - 04:03 PM

Yuck. The only thing these punks know how to do is play like tripe against anybody. It's gonna take an act of God for these guys to get #17 with the way they aren't bothering to show up.
Posted Image

#708 D-Fish

D-Fish

OVO

• 694 posts

Posted January 30, 2011 - 04:07 PM

We never win important games, in the regular season.

thats really stupid some of these excuses are so sad "they were looking ahead" "see you in june" "we're the champs" "none of these games matter" blah blah blah

#709 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,578 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted January 30, 2011 - 04:14 PM

ahh well...thought they'd man up, but no such luck...wake me up when the playoffs start, maybe the lakers will show up then

glad to see a 36 page game thread though...

Posted Image

#710 wydellmd

wydellmd

Rookie

• 443 posts
  • Name:dell d
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 30, 2011 - 04:19 PM

Too much Kobe =loss he's playing great but we hardly win these type of games.

I completely agree. We are at our best when we share the ball and get a lot of team assists. We are horrible when Kobe takes a bunch of shots and the team just standds around. Unfortunately we are a team that get's energised on the defensive end when our offense is going good. It would be nice to switch that, but because that is our nature, we need to play more team basketball, and I think our defense will be in better sink.

#711 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,795 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 30, 2011 - 04:25 PM

I completely agree. We are at our best when we share the ball and get a lot of team assists. We are horrible when Kobe takes a bunch of shots and the team just standds around. Unfortunately we are a team that get's energised on the defensive end when our offense is going good. It would be nice to switch that, but because that is our nature, we need to play more team basketball, and I think our defense will be in better sink.

I'm REALLY hoping this isn't a veiled shot at Kobe saying that he shouldn't take over games.

#712 LakerGirl24

LakerGirl24

Rookie

• 417 posts
  • Name:Krystal
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 30, 2011 - 04:45 PM

I'm REALLY hoping this isn't a veiled shot at Kobe saying that he shouldn't take over games.

For real. The most annoying thing in the world is when fans say that Kobe should take less shots, and then complain when he doesn't take enough. They're never satisfied.

Kobe is the only reason this was a close game, period. He went on a tear at the end of the first half to give us a lead. He took a step back in the third because he tried to get other players involved, but did you see any other Lakers wanting anything to do with the ball? Hell no. Pau turned the ball over on practically every single possession because he was either blocked, missed the shot, or just got it poked away. Bynum had a sore knee again, blah blah blah. I thought Odom was gonna make a bigger contribution and then he committed that stupid foul on Baby Davis to give him 3 free throws. Blake played terrible D and allowed Rondo and Ray Allen to get wide open shots. etc. etc. etc.

I could go on, but I truly believe that Kobe as matured and he only "takes over" when he seriously has to. Tonight, he HAD to take all those shots because nobody else would. What would you do if you were the only one scoring for your team and you gave your teammates several chances to do so?

Kobe should get a vacation while the other dudes get a serious talking to. This is not just a game; it's their job. You can't just decide when you're gonna show up... not when you're getting paid millions.

This was not Lakers' basketball and we can only pray that things turn around in the playoffs.

Kobe = MVP

#713 D-Fish

D-Fish

OVO

• 694 posts

Posted January 30, 2011 - 04:53 PM

Kobe is hot in the 1st half and than he stops shooting in the 3rd until they've given the lead away, and tries way to hard in the 4th and misses basically the majority of his shots

#714 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted January 30, 2011 - 05:59 PM

Kobe is hot in the 1st half and than he stops shooting in the 3rd until they've given the lead away, and tries way to hard in the 4th and misses basically the majority of his shots

Actually he normally goes off in the 3rd.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#715 Oh La-La-Lakers

Oh La-La-Lakers

Rookie

• 28 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted January 30, 2011 - 08:31 PM

We really need to get the ball going on our offense. Besides the tough shots that kobe made, which we cant rely on every game, no one else was really producing so many. Our Defense was not all that great and we need to get better ball movement!!

#716 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted January 31, 2011 - 12:34 PM

You could tell Boston was making a point in two categories to beat us yesterday- one was outrebounding us, whih they did handily, but no doubt to Drew's and Pau's lack of aggressiveness and two, running on us, led by Rondo's 16 assists, 15 in the second half. But honestly you guys, and this is not taking credit away from the celtics, the Lakers just did not care to execute this game and Boston played better because they wanted it more. The same thing could happen in Boston, hopefully not, but honestly nothing surprised me about that game except the fact we got outrebounded by that much. A little concerning, but mostly that just tells you our bigs are not bangin with them though and nothing much else. Just be patient guys, and BELIEVE in them.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#717 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted January 31, 2011 - 12:47 PM

Yes 34-10 says a whole helluva lot.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#718 Oh La-La-Lakers

Oh La-La-Lakers

Rookie

• 28 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted January 31, 2011 - 01:21 PM

we can't let this loss effect the next game we play. Need to keep our heads up and get them next time around.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users