LA Lakers at Dallas

• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

#401 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 11:03 PM

Probably the best way to reply to anything I say...with irrelevant information.

Kobe was never too old. Pau didn't play soft last season, not for most of the year. When Drew isn't injured, he's not brittle. Artest chucks, but he played excellent defense...and this season, his defensive rating is worse than Shannon Brown's, and even Luke Walton's.
So...I don't know what else to tell you. This season is showing struggle...much, much more than it did last year. Our defense is much worse. If we don't have home court advantage in the playoffs, it's going to be an even bigger struggle (obviously), and I would HATE to have to play the Mavs, Spurs AND our Finals opponent without HCA.

If history repeats itself (as you say), we lose without HCA.

I wasn't replying to you.

I agree with you. Kobe wasn't too old and Pau wasn't soft and the rest. The same thing was said last year by alot of fans. They should panic in April if necessary but not now. Fans panicked against the thunder and celtics. Why start so early this year because not much has changed?
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#402 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 19, 2011 - 11:06 PM

Oh my three more losses :laughing:

Homerism, is that your argument? :laughing:

It is when you fail to ignore the simple fact that last year's success has nothing to do with this season.

#403 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 11:08 PM

I agree with you. Kobe wasn't too old and Pau wasn't soft and the rest. The same thing was said last year by alot of fans. They should panic in April if necessary but not now. Fans panicked against the thunder and celtics. Why start so early this year because not much has changed?

Because...

Probably the best way to reply to anything I say...with irrelevant information.

Kobe was never too old. Pau didn't play soft last season, not for most of the year. When Drew isn't injured, he's not brittle. Artest chucks, but he played excellent defense...and this season, his defensive rating is worse than Shannon Brown's, and even Luke Walton's.

So...I don't know what else to tell you. This season is showing struggle...much, much more than it did last year. Our defense is much worse. If we don't have home court advantage in the playoffs, it's going to be an even bigger struggle (obviously), and I would HATE to have to play the Mavs, Spurs AND our Finals opponent without HCA.

If history repeats itself (as you say), we lose without HCA.

#404 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted January 19, 2011 - 11:13 PM

You arent in agreement with RD if he had to tech you multiple times.

#405 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 11:17 PM

It is when you fail to ignore the simple fact that last year's success has nothing to do with this season.

OK I got it. You are really worried about this year but were supremely confident last year. :laughing:
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#406 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 11:21 PM

OK I got it. You are really worried about this year but were supremely confident last year. :laughing:

Nope, I was confident in our defense last year. Not so much this year.

#407 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 11:33 PM

Nope, I was confident in our defense last year. Not so much this year.

Did you know that they are allowing less points and a lower FG% to their opponents than they did last year?

Mike D'Antoni

#408 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 11:41 PM

Did you know that they are allowing less points and a lower FG% to their opponents than they did last year?

Did you know that we've had the easiest schedule in the NBA thus far?

#409 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 11:48 PM

Did you know that we've had the easiest schedule in the NBA thus far?

and last year we had tons of home games at the beginning of the season?

Mike D'Antoni

#410 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 11:57 PM

and last year we had tons of home games at the beginning of the season?

Yeah, with a bunch of playoff caliber teams sprinkled into the first half of the season: OKC (3 games), DAL (2), CHI (2), UTH, PHX (3), POR, SA, ORL. We haven't faced very many playoff caliber teams yet this season, and when we have, we've lost most of those games. We've just gone through the easiest part of schedule the whole year, and we have a record worse than what we did as the same point last season. We have a worse record through half the season than we did last year while playing against inferior competition.

That tells me that we aren't playing as well as we were last season.

Edited by L.A.K.E.R, January 20, 2011 - 01:03 AM.

#411 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted January 20, 2011 - 12:37 AM

Yeah, with a bunch of playoff caliber teams sprinkled into the first half of the season: OKC (3 games), DAL (2), CHI (2), UTH, PHX (3), POR, SA, ORL. We haven't faced very many playoff caliber teams yet this season, and when we have, we've lost most of those games. We've just one through the easiest part of schedule the whole year, and we have a record worse than what we did as the same point last season. We have a worse record through half the season than we did last year while playing against inferior competition.

That tells me that we aren't playing as well as we were last season.

A wise man once told me 'dont bother arguing with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience'.

#412 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted January 20, 2011 - 09:17 AM

Missed the game last night, looking at the boxscore and highlights looks like our offense was fine and we let Kidd and Terry have a 3 point clinic. Defense fail <_<

Edited by MDI, January 20, 2011 - 09:18 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#413 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted January 20, 2011 - 12:18 PM

Missed the game last night, looking at the boxscore and highlights looks like our offense was fine and we let Kidd and Terry have a 3 point clinic. Defense fail <_<

Perty much what happened... :(

#414 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 20, 2011 - 01:27 PM

It seems that the Lakers can't beat any quality team on the road this season so far.

What a disappointing season :(

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#415 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,646 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted January 20, 2011 - 01:44 PM

Could someone tell me what the hell happened in the third period?
No, really. I did not see that because of "technical problems" with League Pass. By looking at the boxscore I have understood that we were outscored by Dallas, Kidd was 10 years younger and Lamar did not play. Apocalypse Then?

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#416 Oh La-La-Lakers

Oh La-La-Lakers

Rookie

• 28 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted January 20, 2011 - 01:53 PM

Dirk just dropped 30+ tonight, despite losing to Detroit (no Chandler for the Mavs, and they were missing shots everywhere). I'd be a little worried if Chandler does play Wednesday night, because it's in Dallas, we are 1-4 on the road against winning teams, and Dallas shoots just as well as the Lakers do (top ten in the league, around 46-47%) and may have had "one of those games" against a Pistons team that is really hard to figure out right now, due to all of the lineup changes (sort of like how Cleveland started the season so well, until teams realized who they should be defending).

We should win, but we need our bench to play better, and Gasol can't get lit up by Dirk when both he and Drew are on the floor.

we need to pick it up!

#417 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted January 20, 2011 - 02:06 PM

A wise man once told me 'dont bother arguing with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience'.

:hmm:

Mike D'Antoni

#418 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 20, 2011 - 04:24 PM

:hmm:

...that was last night or early morning. I've already stated what needed to be said about it, and I replied to something he said in another topic earlier. There was no need to go and quote that. Stop trying to get each other in trouble, and if he's getting on your nerves, there's an option to block members on the board.

#419 D-Fish

D-Fish

OVO

• 694 posts
  • Fan Since:D-Fish big shot @ 0.4
  • Fav. Laker:D-Fish

Posted January 20, 2011 - 04:51 PM

Lakers fell off this year Spurs coming out the west and either Miami/Boston/Orlando OR Chicago coming out the east

#420 ____

____

Superstar

• 7,145 posts

Posted January 20, 2011 - 05:23 PM

Could someone tell me what the hell happened in the third period?
No, really. I did not see that because of "technical problems" with League Pass. By looking at the boxscore I have understood that we were outscored by Dallas, Kidd was 10 years younger and Lamar did not play. Apocalypse Then?

Lakers were outscored by Dallas due to them not applying any defense whatsoever. Not closing out on Dallas' 3-pointers allowing them wide open uncontested 3's and giving the Mavs confidence to make almost anything and everything from anywhere on the floor. Lakers also had 7 turnovers in that 3rd quarter alone I believe after only 2 in the first half.

Basically, anything that could go wrong, went wrong, and exploded in the Lakers' faces in that quarter. Just another very painful display by the Lakers on how to blow a lead. :whistle:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users