Woot! I got my free tacos! :dance2:

#462 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,727 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 18, 2011 - 01:49 AM

The Clippers' victory was no fluke. This season, they have defeated the Spurs, Lakers, Heat, Nuggets, Thunder, Hornets and Bulls. Griffin, Gordon and Baron are all faster and more athletic than their defenders (Gasol, Artest/Kobe, and Fisher), so it was expected. They nearly beat us back on December 8th, lost by one point without Baron Davis.

As far as this game goes, it went as expected also. Kobe did start to defend Westbrook a bit earlier than I thought he would, though...but it was obvious Fisher was going to get killed, and Brown and Blake have no shot at it, either. Bryant actually didn't do so bad defending him, although Westbrook did blow by him 2-3 times that I remember...but he gave Westbrook room, but not too much of it, and it turned him into a big question mark as to whether or not he was going to be a shooter or slasher, and the Thunder started to screen Bryant off him to give RW the lane.

Gasol has to play more physical. We all know this, though.

Odom did a great job tonight, stayed out of foul trouble and scored the ball when we needed him to.

Drew did really good in limited minutes, but he has to stay out of foul trouble. I know one or two of those calls were arguable, but he can't put himself in that position on easy buckets. Sometimes, he'll foul someone, cause an "and 1" play, and be guilty of the momentum change.

Artest is worthless on offense, even when he's trying to play in the post. It's just not there. Very good ball denial on Durant, though...key to us winning tonight, notably in that second half.

Fisher did good today. Expect another handful of games where he shoots poorly, though. One game doesn't make up for the 22-62 shooting in January.

As far as everyone else on the team goes, I have little to say about them. The second unit ditches the triangle a lot, and Blake still doesn't fit in. Even if he doesn't know the triangle enough, he's still missing a lot of open shots, and his defense sucks (which has nothing to do with the triangle). Shannon is Mr. Inconsistent this season...played good to start the year, but now he's getting reckless and seems to want to do his own thing, and not defend. Walton hurts more than he helps.

Good win over a good team. We have Dallas up next, and Dirk is back and in 30+ point mode. We need to beat Dallas in their house. Our road record is 1-4 against teams with a winning percentage.

#463 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,971 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 18, 2011 - 07:19 AM

Our road record is 1-4 against teams with a winning percentage.

:facepalm:
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#464 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,213 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 18, 2011 - 07:28 AM

So are the Clippers just good then or was that a fluke loss?

They are legit, but they'll have to win a lot more games to prove they are good.

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Cavy Music

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users