468 replies to this topic

#461 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 25, 2010 - 09:40 PM

This irritates me

Jackson has now played in or coached in 26 Christmas Day games. He went 6-2 as a player with New York and 7-0 coaching the Chicago Bulls but Saturday's loss drops his Christmas record with the Lakers to just 4-7.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/14026/the-mcten-miami-meltdown

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#462 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 25, 2010 - 10:43 PM

Why was anyone surprised at this loss? We were blown out by the damn Jenning-less Bucks the previous game, in our house.

There were only three Lakers that wanted to win this game badly, and that was Kobe, Fisher and Phil. I have no idea what happened with Lamar, who acted like he wanted to drop 40 points to start the game, then decided he was going to dribble the ball for a bit and pass it back to his teammates.

I stated (before the game) that Kobe should defend LeBron, Artest on Wade. I had a gut feeling the production from both Wade and Kobe wouldn't really mean much, otherwise, and that LBJ would eat Artest alive AGAIN. Wade wouldn't want a physical battle with Ron, and Artest has lost enough weight to keep up with him a little, while Bron would try and take Kobe in the post, which would be a mistake (like it was in 2008-09, when Bryant was defending him).

What I didn't expect, however, is Gasol getting absolutely raped by Bosh and Big Z.

Good to see Kobe (and Phil, sort of) call out the team after the game. Bryant made it known that the regular season games mean more to opponents than they do the Lakers, and it needs to change. Dude was not happy.

#463 cheetodust

cheetodust

beer!

• 1,071 posts
  • Name:Lex
  • Fan Since:YESTERDAY
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant

Posted December 25, 2010 - 10:50 PM

blame it on the shoes, blame it on us hosting the all star game :laughing:
Posted Image

#464 Hachiko

Hachiko

The Akita on TLN

• 389 posts
  • Name:JR Salazar
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 26, 2010 - 06:30 AM

Well that sucked. This Laker team is going to have a VERY TOUGH TIME defending their crown with this tripe.
Posted Image

#465 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 26, 2010 - 06:32 AM

The Heat exposed our pick and roll defense today.

You're late to the party; our p/r defense has always been horrible

Pau Gasol is GONE

#466 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 26, 2010 - 06:34 AM

Gasol getting absolutely raped by Bosh and Big Z.

yep

Pau Gasol is GONE

#467 rasta028

rasta028

Rookie

• 428 posts
  • Name:Al
  • Fan Since:1969
  • Fav. Laker:Gasol

Posted December 26, 2010 - 09:10 AM

Why was anyone surprised at this loss? We were blown out by the damn Jenning-less Bucks the previous game, in our house.

There were only three Lakers that wanted to win this game badly, and that was Kobe, Fisher and Phil. I have no idea what happened with Lamar, who acted like he wanted to drop 40 points to start the game, then decided he was going to dribble the ball for a bit and pass it back to his teammates.

I stated (before the game) that Kobe should defend LeBron, Artest on Wade. I had a gut feeling the production from both Wade and Kobe wouldn't really mean much, otherwise, and that LBJ would eat Artest alive AGAIN. Wade wouldn't want a physical battle with Ron, and Artest has lost enough weight to keep up with him a little, while Bron would try and take Kobe in the post, which would be a mistake (like it was in 2008-09, when Bryant was defending him).

What I didn't expect, however, is Gasol getting absolutely raped by Bosh and Big Z.

Good to see Kobe (and Phil, sort of) call out the team after the game. Bryant made it known that the regular season games mean more to opponents than they do the Lakers, and it needs to change. Dude was not happy.

Not surpised at all, I was just hoping maybe they could turn it around, WTH was I thinking? but to me it looks like effort and desire is their biggest problem.

#468 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 448 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted December 26, 2010 - 11:29 AM

What really pisses me off is seeing Kobe talking about how his teammates need to show effort and urgency. Kobe, your :censored: was getting handed to you by Dwayne Wade. Why you don't you look yourself in the mirror Kobe and yell at yourself to play some mother :censored: DEFENSE!!!

#469 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 448 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted December 26, 2010 - 11:31 AM

Pau Gasol went back to Pau Gasoft, I don't know why that creature from Hogwarts always gets the best of Pau Gasol, every single time. Not to mention, our pathetic bench, Shannon Brown, the answer to our prayers ladies and gentlemen. The way he was playing at the beginning of the season. Sixth Man of The Year everybody!!!! :censored: Joke, that goes for everyone else in the bench.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users