1731 replies to this topic

#61 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,939 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 05, 2010 - 04:57 PM

Wade getting hurt is the biggest story here.

Will he heal fast?
Will the injury linger all season?

Will Wades injury mean by default that the team becomes Lebron?
What is the team starts to build around Lebron, and then what happens when Wade comes back?

So many questions going into the game, and only more questions coming out

#62 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted October 05, 2010 - 05:01 PM

Wade will most likely be fine......But Bron look svery comfortable as the man on that team....Wade doesnt have the desire to be the man as much as LeBron but I think in crunch time Bron will not mind giving the ball up
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#63 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,939 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 05:08 PM

Hamstrings are a funny injury

Remember that Pau missed over a dozen games last year because of a hamsting injury.

Injuries are the story of this game.

#64 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,476 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 05:10 PM

:cry: man long time heat fans deserved this, gonna be fun this year

Edited by Clutch, October 05, 2010 - 05:10 PM.

bw1wOGf.png

#65 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,939 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 05:10 PM

Lebron and Bosh are running a nice 2 man game

#66 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,939 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 05:17 PM

Mike Miller is a solid player

Good at everything on offense, passing, shooting, playmaking

#67 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 05, 2010 - 05:22 PM

no they dont [expletive] the Heat they won a championship a few years ago theres fans of other franchises thats never won

#68 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,939 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 05:33 PM

Juwan Howard looks like he is not having fun...

From the opening cerimonies when a montage of Lebron-Wade-Bosh was shown, to every shot they show of him on the bench, he has the look of distaste on his face.

#69 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 05:34 PM

Is this game being shown on TV?

#70 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 05:45 PM

I won't get on you, because I know for a fact that you are a long time Heat fan, but I hope you're not rooting for them if they face the Lakers in the finals.

Edited by leor_77, October 05, 2010 - 05:45 PM.

#71 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 06:07 PM

Anyone see how Wall did so far?

#72 bruddahmanmatt

bruddahmanmatt

Rookie

• 495 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 06:17 PM

Washington is looking pretty solid. I actually think they'll be a potential sleeper playoff team this year.

#73 bruddahmanmatt

bruddahmanmatt

Rookie

• 495 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 06:35 PM

Anyone see how Wall did so far?

He's got 20/9 after three quarters. You should tune in for the 4th quarter. This team is very fun to watch and their fans have to be happy with the fact that they got Hinrich and Yi for dirt cheap.

http://atdhe.net/204...allas-mavericks

#74 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted October 05, 2010 - 09:08 PM

Washington is looking pretty solid. I actually think they'll be a potential sleeper playoff team this year.

Not so fast. They have a lot of young talent, but I'm not so sure. They were supposed to be a sleeper playoff team last year and ironically, I remember they killed Dallas on opening night last season in Dallas.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#75 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted October 05, 2010 - 09:35 PM

Not so fast. They have a lot of young talent, but I'm not so sure. They were supposed to be a sleeper playoff team last year and ironically, I remember they killed Dallas on opening night last season in Dallas.

They probably would have, if Gilbert hadn't been dumb.

#76 bruddahmanmatt

bruddahmanmatt

Rookie

• 495 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 09:47 PM

The problem with their previous foursome is that they always had chemistry issues. They looked good on paper but they could never get it together on the floor. Even in those four years when they went to the playoffs (three of which in they got the first round boot), they never managed more than 45 wins in a season. This crew actually looks like they've found some of that missing chemistry. I realize that it's a bit of a long shot given their record last year but I still think they have a legitimate chance of sneaking into the playoffs in front of the Pacers, Cats or the Knicks. At this point the Celtics, Heat, Magic, Bulls and the Bucks should all be shoe-ins in the East. And even though they imploded during the playoffs, I don't think anyone expects the Hawks to become a lottery team this year. That being said the last two spots are up for grabs, and of the teams that are left I think the Pacers, Wiz, Cats and the Knicks have the best shot at clinching a playoff berth. The Sixers and the Nets have a lot of work to do and I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that the Pistons, Cavs and the Raps are trash this year. Looking at the big picture, it's not out of the realm of possibility to label the Wiz a potential playoff sleeper.

#77 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted October 06, 2010 - 12:01 AM

They probably would have, if Gilbert hadn't been dumb.

nah they were way below 500% when GA did that stupid gun thing.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#78 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts

Posted October 06, 2010 - 01:38 PM

nah they were way below 500% when GA did that stupid gun thing.

I still think they could have made it, Gil was starting to get back to form, I remember. I picked him up in Fantasy basketball and he was starting to play really well, like 25/9, even got a triple-double, but then he screwed up. Oh well.

#79 bruddahmanmatt

bruddahmanmatt

Rookie

• 495 posts

Posted October 06, 2010 - 01:48 PM

I still think they could have made it, Gil was starting to get back to form, I remember. I picked him up in Fantasy basketball and he was starting to play really well, like 25/9, even got a triple-double, but then he screwed up. Oh well.

A lot of folks were expecting a bounce back year from that squad since Gil was finally ready to go at the start of the season, what we ended up getting was the complete opposite. Folks were already calling for them to break that team up before the gun incident, Gilbert's antics just prompted the Wiz FO to do something sooner rather than later. Say what you will about Arenas and his shenanigans, but that gun incident actually saved that franchise.

#80 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts

Posted October 06, 2010 - 01:52 PM

I agree they weren't going to improve much with that same trio. The Jamison/Arenas/Butler trio never worked out for them, I remember a lot of games last season where one of them would get big stats, and the other two would fade away (credit Yahoo! Fantasy ;)). They needed changes, and ultimately, their implosion eventually led to John Wall, so they're on the right track towards rebuilding. Still, I thought they had a shot at making the playoffs as a lower seed if they ever found their groove. Whatever though, I think Wall/Arenas with all that youth they've got on board will be MUCH more entertaining.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users