• Please log in to reply
572 replies to this topic

#41 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,387 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 04, 2010 - 09:08 AM

Remember Oregon, Stanford, etc last year? Posted Image I am anxious to see how the defense looks against Virginia. If they play great than that will give the defense tremendous confidence moving forward. And yeah I liked the game early but this was a tad to close for comfort lol...

Yeah but with those games, you knew those were going to be tough teams to stop. Even though Hawaii was the 3rd ranked team in the nation in passing last season, I expected our defense to come out and have a solid game and not allow so many points. Definition of bad performances with me is looking at the opposing team. I never would have thought that Hawaii would put up 36 points on us.

And for me, it really was not that close of a game and I never got anxious. Hawaii could score, but we were scoring more. If Hawaii didn't look like they only played flag football over their entire lives, I would have been worried. They defense was so horrible :laughing:

#42 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted September 04, 2010 - 02:32 PM

Oregon > USC

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#43 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,387 posts

Posted September 04, 2010 - 10:28 PM

Oregon > USC

Is that based on your dismantling of new Mexico? Lol. Settle down young blood. Lets just try and not embarrass the pac-10 again in whatever bcs bowl game you get to this year.

#44 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 09:06 AM

Is that based on your dismantling of new Mexico? Lol. Settle down young blood. Lets just try and not embarrass the pac-10 again in whatever bcs bowl game you get to this year.

It's based on nothing, just wanted something to say. Oregon and USC are gonna battle it out all year sweetie.

All About Tha NW

-----------------------

#45 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,387 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 06:52 PM

It's based on nothing, just wanted something to say. Oregon and USC are gonna battle it out all year sweetie.

Oregon looked pretty damn good in their opener.

It's your conference title to lose.

#46 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 06, 2010 - 04:09 PM

Get crunk!!!

Boise St vs Virginia Tech!!!

NOW!!!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#47 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts

Posted September 06, 2010 - 04:26 PM

Boise State is just too good, real reliable.

All About Tha NW

-----------------------

#48 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts

Posted September 06, 2010 - 04:26 PM

Boise St jumps out in front with a 10-0 lead. First, VT fumbles a snap and then Boise St blocks a punt and gets a TD pass.

Edited by Windu, September 06, 2010 - 04:27 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#49 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts

Posted September 06, 2010 - 04:51 PM

17-0

:laughing:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#50 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,387 posts

Posted September 06, 2010 - 04:56 PM

Boise St is just a beast of a team. I'm gonna pick them to win the National Title this year.

#51 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts

Posted September 06, 2010 - 07:32 PM

wow. this turned out to be a close game. VT came all the way back and they have a 30-26 lead with 1:14 to go but...Boise St is driving.

edit.

Wowwwwwww.

Boise St takes the lead with a min left!!!

Boise St up 33-30

Boise St is just a beast of a team. I'm gonna pick them to win the National Title this year.

<_<

Pau Gasol is GONE

#52 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts

Posted September 06, 2010 - 07:39 PM

Boise St wins.

Even if they win out, I doubt they'll get a nod for the national championship because their schedule is so soft. Only other ranked opponent they play is Oregon St who is 24th in the country.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#53 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted September 06, 2010 - 08:00 PM

Tech played well. I'm happy for them. Repping VA to the fullest. Best of luck to Tyrod especially.

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#54 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,387 posts

Posted September 06, 2010 - 08:00 PM

Boise St wins.

Even if they win out, I doubt they'll get a nod for the national championship because their schedule is so soft. Only other ranked opponent they play is Oregon St who is 24th in the country.

I wouldn't rule it out this year. When you look at last year, they went 14-0 including their bowl game. They played 1 ranked team which was #16 Oregon. And even last year, everyone was asking the question, should Boise play in the title game. What is the key part in all this? They were ranked #16 to start the season in the coaches poll.

This year they start at #5 and start off their season by beating a ranked opponent who happened to be ranked #6 in the coaches poll. They will beat Oregon State in Boise. That home field advantage is so ridiculous for them its not even funny. If the result goes in OSU's favor, I would be shocked. If they can run the table again, plus add in the other teams in front of them losing and bad performances in wins, Boise St will be right there at the end of it.

The last two years they have been 12-0 and 13-0 going into their bowl game and many argued they should have been playing for the BCS title. I just do not see how the BCS could leave them out for a third straight year if they are able to run the table again.

#55 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted September 06, 2010 - 08:28 PM

Any non-believers of Boise out there anymore? I'd pick them to beat any team in the nation right now.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#56 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts

Posted September 07, 2010 - 06:56 AM

I wouldn't rule it out this year. When you look at last year, they went 14-0 including their bowl game. They played 1 ranked team which was #16 Oregon. And even last year, everyone was asking the question, should Boise play in the title game. What is the key part in all this? They were ranked #16 to start the season in the coaches poll.

This year they start at #5 and start off their season by beating a ranked opponent who happened to be ranked #6 in the coaches poll. They will beat Oregon State in Boise. That home field advantage is so ridiculous for them its not even funny. If the result goes in OSU's favor, I would be shocked. If they can run the table again, plus add in the other teams in front of them losing and bad performances in wins, Boise St will be right there at the end of it.

The last two years they have been 12-0 and 13-0 going into their bowl game and many argued they should have been playing for the BCS title. I just do not see how the BCS could leave them out for a third straight year if they are able to run the table again.

I just don't see it. Strength of schedule is HUGE in college football. They're not going to beat out an undefeated SEC team or even a one loss SEC team to play for the national championship. You already know that one spot in the championship is pretty much reserved for a SEC team. That leaves the opponent to probably come from the big ten or big twelve or acc.

If Ohio State ends up with one loss, they'll still beat out Boise St for the ship.

If Texas ends up with one loss, they'll still beat out Boise St for the ship.

If Miami ends up with one loss, they'll still beat out Boise St for the ship.

Normally, another SEC team would beat out Boise St too but that SEC team would be the loser of the SEC championship and obviously...you can't put SEC/SEC in the big game.

Don't get me wrong, Boise St looks like the real thing but man...they've gotta stop scheduling these soft games if they expect to get to the championship. So many other variables have to take place for them to get in that game. It's just going to be the same thing this year as last year because their schedule was so soft last year as well.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#57 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,448 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted September 07, 2010 - 09:12 AM

Seems like its popular to crown Boise St champs already. Not good.

veqdeg.jpg

#58 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted September 07, 2010 - 05:19 PM

Windu said Boise State and Utah will lose. :shifty: :laughing:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#59 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts

Posted September 08, 2010 - 06:03 AM

Windu said Boise State and Utah will lose. :shifty: :laughing:

I thought the game was gonna be in Blacksburg but they def surprised me.

Utah? You talking about two years ago? lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#60 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted September 08, 2010 - 01:35 PM

This weekend is going to be CRAZY!!!!!!!

HUGE HUGE Games this weekend.

Here I go again with games I'm excited about and who I think will win --

UTEP @ Houston -- Houston

#22 Georiga @ #24 South Carolina -- South Carolina -- South Carolina was GREAT in there game last week, but it was against a weak opponent. I'm curious to see if this is the year South Carolina finally does something. We'll see how good they are this week.

#17 Florida State @ #10 Oklahoma -- Oklahoma -- Obviously this game is huge. And Utah State is my team, and last week they played Oklahoma and lost 31-24, and had chances to win the game. So I'd love to see Oklahoma beat Florida State.

Michigan @ Notre Dame -- Notre Dame -- Just because there at home.

#12 Miami @ #2 Ohio State -- Ohio State :( -- WOW This game will be crazy!! Can't wait to see it. Both teams have stud QB's. Should be fun.

UNLV @ #20 Utah -- UTAH UTES! -- Our QB is questionable but Utah should win 42-0.

Byu @ Air Force -- Air Force -- I just hate byu and hope they rot in hell.

#18 Penn State @ #1 Alabama -- Bama -- Bama should crush them, Penn State is weak this year.

#7 Oregon @ Tennesee -- Oregon -- Was the 72-0 win a fluke? How will Tennessee be in there first game with the new coach? How will Oregon play in a tough enviorment?

San Diego State @ New Mexico State -- San Diego State -- Just a WAC/MWC battle.

Idaho State @ Utah State
-- UTAH STATE! -- Might be going to this game. GO AGGIES! :omg:

Virginia @ #16 USC -- USC -- I think USC sucks this year. Your defense is horrible. Can the USC D finally stop anyone this game?

#25 Stanford @ UCLA -- UCLA -- I hope UCLA upsets. A big game and the home opener in the Rose Bowl. Will be a tough one.

Colorado State @ Nevada
-- Nevada -- Another MWC/WAC battle. Colorado State had a great win against rival Colorado last week, but Nevada's offense is just amazing. Will be a fun game to see.

Edited by GP1_KB24, September 08, 2010 - 01:35 PM.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users