Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 02, 2012 - 06:07 AM

Florida State? :laughing:

They always have a top class.

They had the number one class last year, number six class the year before, number eight class year before that, etc.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#562 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted February 02, 2012 - 02:19 PM

Top class -- Alabama: Alabama had most of its stellar class done before national signing day even started. The Crimson Tide were in it for a few top prospects Wednesday, but most importantly, Alabama didn't lose any significant prospects, including No. 1 safety Landon Collins (Geismar, La./Dutchtown), whose mother had her eyes set on him signing with LSU. Beyond bringing in 13 ESPNU 150 members, Alabama met every need on both offense and defense.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#563 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 02, 2012 - 05:11 PM

Huskers signed a QB named Tommy Armstrong. He looks very promising, must see highlights:

#564 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted February 02, 2012 - 09:40 PM

Utah State went hard :glasses:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#565 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 08:27 PM

Would like to see a Alabama vs USC National Championship Game this upcoming season.

A New England Patriots fan, Barkley says he was "heartbroken" by the most recent Super Bowl loss, a game he watched while on a plane and then while walking through the Washington Dulles International Airport terminal.

"A great game," he says of the New York Giants' victory against the Pats. "It made up for that terrible college football national championship. That was rough."

Barkley watched bits and pieces of Alabama's 21-0 woodshed victory against LSU with mixed feelings.

"[LSU] didn't have a plan," he says. "They were kind of … I don't know. I kind of turned it off. I was kind of … I was bored."

'SC ain't ready

Pau Gasol is GONE

#566 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted May 02, 2012 - 08:02 AM

Utah State is officially joining the MWC Friday morning baby! Good time to be an Aggie.

-Highest rated basketball class in state.
-New conference
-New logo just unveiled
-Most players drafted to NFL in state of Utah
-Just got new exclusive Nike uni's. First non BCS team to get em' and first team in the west after Oregon.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#567 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted May 04, 2012 - 06:40 PM

They always have a top class.

They had the number one class last year, number six class the year before, number eight class year before that, etc.

aaaall the way back to Neon Deion.

This playoff proposal needs to be passed sooon

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#568 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted May 15, 2012 - 06:03 PM

From billboards to an untimely joy ride, the SEC has seen a lot of change in recent months.

The black Missouri billboards sprinkled around the South, reading "PROUD TO BE SEC: MIZZOU" coupled with those not-so-discrete Texas A&M/SEC TV adds, ushered in the arrival of the SEC's new families. But their arrival wasn't the only big change for the league.

The league said goodbye to a load of defensive talent and lost a couple of head coaches -- and even more assistants. Still, for as much change that has been made, it seems the overall results will be the same.

"You have to give the SEC a lot of credit," Missouri coach Gary Pinkel said. "I tell a lot of people that we played in the Big 12, which is a great conference, but they just have more good teams in [the SEC]. It's remarkably competitive."

Four top-10 defenses from a season ago return relatively intact this fall in LSU, Georgia, South Carolina and Florida. Of those four, all but Florida will be involved in national championship discussions to start the season, especially LSU.

On paper, the Tigers might be the most talented team in the country. The defensive line possesses three potential first-rounders, and the Honey Badger (Tyrann Mathieu) is still lurking in a secondary stocked with talent and athleticism.

The offense has to be better with Zach Mettenberger taking over at quarterback. He possesses the skill to throw the ball pretty much whenever he's asked to, so that will be a major upgrade. He'll also have plenty of weapons to use with five able running backs to choose from, including two -- Michael Ford and Spencer Ware -- that ranked in the top 10 in SEC rushing, and a talented, young receiving group to throw to.

The scary thought is that a lot of people around the program think Les Miles might have a better team in 2012.

Georgia returns 15 total starters, including a potential Heisman candidate in quarterback Aaron Murray, and yet again has a more favorable schedule to work with. And South Carolina looks like it's a healthy Marcus Lattimore and a more polished Connor Shaw away from making it back to Atlanta.

While defending national champion Alabama is down a handful of stellar defensive starters from last season's historic season, the Crimson Tide can't be counted out. The defense has more than capable players ready to fill holes. Nico Johnson and C.J. Mosley are ready to take over at linebacker, while Jesse Williams and Damion Square will lead up front. The secondary still has veterans Dee Milliner and Robert Lester and welcomes junior college studs Deion Belue and Travell Dixon.

"We're going to be younger on defense. We don't have as much experience, but we've got some good players," coach Nick Saban said.

"I was pleased with the progress that we made -- not satisfied with where we need to be."

Then, there's Arkansas.

Embarrassed by former coach Bobby Petrino after his infamous motorcycle ride, the Razorbacks look to bounce back with an offense capable of pushing Arkansas to an SEC title and beyond. We still don't know how effective interim coach John L. Smith will be, but he'll have quarterback Tyler Wilson, running back Knile Davis and receiver Cobi Hamilton at his disposal, and that will make things easier.

With an improved offensive line and some talented, young receivers, Arkansas will score points. Now if only the defense can keep up …

There will no doubt be awkward situations ahead in the SEC. Making flights to Kansas City and Houston will seem wrong. Watching an entertaining coach's news conference at Arkansas will feel unnatural. And not knowing what to expect from a Saban defense will confuse you.

But with everything that has changed, one thing that should remain is another championship run.

There's still just too much clicking for the SEC.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#569 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted May 18, 2012 - 11:24 AM

Big 12 Champs & SEC Champs to face off in New Year's Day bowl game...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7945482/big-12-sec-champions-play-new-year-bowl-game

The Big 12 and the Southeastern conferences have announced a deal that will pit their football regular-season champions against each other in a New Year's Day bowl game for five years beginning in 2014, positioning themselves for the expected switch to a four-team playoff.

Interesting

Pau Gasol is GONE

#570 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted June 06, 2012 - 06:46 PM

Big 12 Champs & SEC Champs to face off in New Year's Day bowl game...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7945482/big-12-sec-champions-play-new-year-bowl-game

Interesting

Too easy for the SEC (no offense to the big 12)

#571 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted June 06, 2012 - 06:52 PM

http://football.stas...e=on&by=Win Pct

Posted Image

#572 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted August 22, 2012 - 08:21 AM

Pac-12 Conference preview

http://sportsillustr...p&sct=hp_t11_a0

http://sportsillustr...p&sct=hp_t11_a2

Edited by Windu, August 22, 2012 - 08:25 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#573 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 09:53 AM

Another reason why the SEC is King: Depth

http://espn.go.com/c...mpionship-glory

Pau Gasol is GONE