#21 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 01, 2010 - 08:52 PM

If Boise State wins they COULD be in the National Championship at the end of the year. They have Oregon State @ Home and then after that there schedule is easy.

Ohio State/Bama will slip up too. Esp. if Ingram's injury turns out worse than just the first game of the season against SJSU.

I think Boise's weak schedule will keep them out of national championship contention.

Alabama could def slip up cause they have a tough schedule but they'll still get in the national championship if they make it to the SEC championship and win. Ingram shouldn't be out no more than 2 games I believe. Our first three games are against san jose st, penn st, and duke; all winable games even WITHOUT Ingram.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#22 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 02, 2010 - 05:42 AM

Pete was the head coach. He was in charge. He recruited NFL caliber players to that program. I have no doubt about Monte's skills as a coach as he used to be the def coordinator for my Buccaneers but I don't think Kiffin is ready to be a head coach. He failed in Oakland and he does get sort of a pass on that on account of who the owner is; he failed in the SEC at Tennessee and it seemed like he quit on that team. He really hasn't done anything to deserve being the head coach of a prestigious football program like USC.

He wasn't the master recruiter behind it all. Ed Orgeron was the man who mapped the recruiting plans out and all the recruiting pitches. Pete Carroll even acknowledged this. Coach O is one of, if not the best recruiter in college football. Kiffin is very good recruiter too, in fact he helped recruit Barkley.

Sure Kiffin hasn't done anything to be a head coach of such a prestigious program, but Pete Carroll was the same way when he came in. The way I see it, Kiffin has all the tools he needs at SC to get his career off the ground. If he is not able to do it, its going to be very tough for him to find a coaching job after this.

#23 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted September 02, 2010 - 07:21 AM

I hope Hawaii beats USC! Oregon State will beat TCU for sure on Saturday as an upset. and hopefully my team Oregon can handle New Mexico in Autzen on Saturday.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#24 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted September 02, 2010 - 07:23 AM

I hope Hawaii beats USC! Oregon State will beat TCU for sure on Saturday as an upset. and hopefully my team Oregon can handle New Mexico in Autzen on Saturday.

I can hope you go bald and all your teeth fall out. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen! lol jk... Posted Image

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#25 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 07:29 AM

I can hope you go bald and all your teeth fall out. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen! lol jk... Posted Image

lol thehehe!

All About Tha NW

-----------------------

#26 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 08:53 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

LETS [expletive]ING GO! Nothing Can Break USC! Posted Image

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#27 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted September 02, 2010 - 06:13 PM

Watching the UTES game! Winning 14-7 at the half and we have 3 turnovers lmao! You know how we do! Let's go one more half!

Will watch the USC game after the Utah game.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#28 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 06:15 PM

SMH. Your kidding about Oregon State beating TCU right?!?!

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#29 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 08:35 PM

Nope^.

and I'm glad USC is gonna lose to Hawaii, haha

All About Tha NW

-----------------------

#30 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,092 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted September 02, 2010 - 08:49 PM

I really don't have a team yet I guess USC lol

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#31 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 09:02 PM

lol. Someone from USC is paying the refs cause that was an obvious touchdown for Hawaii

Pau Gasol is GONE

#32 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 10:12 PM

USC offense just clicking on all cylinders tonight. Very impressed and loving the play calling.

Defense needs to grow up plain and simple. The inexperience was gonna be tested against a very good offensive Hawaii team. Tackling needs to be sharper and mindset needs to be about the ball, not the hit.

Pretty impressed with Hawaii as well offensively, but USC gave them a lot of momentum with stupid penalties. Hawaii got screwed on the touchdown. I understand the announcers point about the forearm but its tough to make that call.

#33 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 10:58 PM

USC's secondary is straight up lost.

I'm not sure what the hell that was about tonight, but I hope it was a fluke. I don't want have to score 50 + points a game just to have a chance to win (ala the Kobe Bryant/Smush Parker era) :laughing:

Offense was really good tonight. And we didnt even have Baxter. Oh boy its gonna be a sight to see when he gets on the field next week. :rock:

#34 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted September 03, 2010 - 05:13 AM

Hawi'i puts up 36 on USC? Man I wish Utah was in the Pac-10 THIS year, it'd be so easy to win. :laughing:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#35 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted September 03, 2010 - 08:31 AM

Hawi'i puts up 36 on USC? Man I wish Utah was in the Pac-10 THIS year, it'd be so easy to win. :laughing:

Hawaii is known for their offense and with USC's young secondary the points given up is not too big of a surprise only because the big question mark of the game was if USC could stop Hawaii's passing attack. Hawaii was third in the nation in passing last season for a reason. That's been the staple of Hawaii football, the spread offense. Goes back to QB's like Colt Brennen and Timmy Chang.

Hawaii stuck with their game plan and got the best of our youngsters. It was a good game for our young guys to get their feet wet. But when you really look at the game, Hawaii's bread and butter is that screen pass. They do it well and our players had a tough time tackling, so hopefully that improves. I think one thing you may have seen arrise out of this game is that Monte Kiffin's Tampa-cover 2 does not work against the spread. Our middle LB Kennard was basically a 3rd safety and that screen play left the middle of the field wide open. We'll what adjustments the defense makes.

And chill out with Utah winning the pac-10 'easily'. I like them and I think they will be good in the Pac-10, but let's wait and see how well they do playing against consistent competition every week. Colorado St, UNLV, Air Force, Wyoming, and New Mexico are not the same type of teams you will see in the Pac-10. TCU and BYU are usually consistently good, but those were also your two losses last season. I say the same thing about Boise. Its easy for an underdog, BCS buster team to get hyped up for a bowl game or for one big in conference game, but when you play consistent competition it shows how good of a team really. I think Coach W will have the Utes ready to play though. He was one of the guys that I wanted to take over the SC program when Pete left.

#36 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,402 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted September 03, 2010 - 09:40 AM

Hyped for tomorrow!

Posted Image

veqdeg.jpg

#37 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts

Posted September 03, 2010 - 10:51 PM

Hawaii is known for their offense and with USC's young secondary the points given up is not too big of a surprise only because the big question mark of the game was if USC could stop Hawaii's passing attack. Hawaii was third in the nation in passing last season for a reason. That's been the staple of Hawaii football, the spread offense. Goes back to QB's like Colt Brennen and Timmy Chang.

Hawaii stuck with their game plan and got the best of our youngsters. It was a good game for our young guys to get their feet wet. But when you really look at the game, Hawaii's bread and butter is that screen pass. They do it well and our players had a tough time tackling, so hopefully that improves. I think one thing you may have seen arrise out of this game is that Monte Kiffin's Tampa-cover 2 does not work against the spread. Our middle LB Kennard was basically a 3rd safety and that screen play left the middle of the field wide open. We'll what adjustments the defense makes.

And chill out with Utah winning the pac-10 'easily'. I like them and I think they will be good in the Pac-10, but let's wait and see how well they do playing against consistent competition every week. Colorado St, UNLV, Air Force, Wyoming, and New Mexico are not the same type of teams you will see in the Pac-10. TCU and BYU are usually consistently good, but those were also your two losses last season. I say the same thing about Boise. Its easy for an underdog, BCS buster team to get hyped up for a bowl game or for one big in conference game, but when you play consistent competition it shows how good of a team really. I think Coach W will have the Utes ready to play though. He was one of the guys that I wanted to take over the SC program when Pete left.

Bro our defense disappointed me man. I know we are young but they looked completely lost outside of Shareece. The D-Line missed Nick Perry badly I hope he gets back soon. Offense was amazing though playcalling was superb. And NO the Tampa 2 sucks against the spread/run-n-shoot type of offenses. He should have just used the dime package the whole game lol...

Matt Barkley, Rojo, and Marc Tyler!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by TheBigFish, September 03, 2010 - 10:56 PM.

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#38 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted September 03, 2010 - 10:57 PM

Bro our defense disappointed me man. I know we are young but they looked completely lost outside of Shareece. The D-Line missed Nick Perry badly I hope he gets back soon. Offense was amazing though playcalling was superb. And NO the Tampa 2 sucks against the spread/run-n-shoot type of offenses. He should have just used the dime package the whole game lol...

Oh it disappointed me too. I havent seen such a bad performance by SC's defense since I can remember.

We'll see what adjustments are made. The positive I take from the bad defense performance is the fact that it happened in our first game and we still won.

I'd rather have it now, make the adjustments and improve, instead of it happening in the middle of the season or in a crucial game.

#39 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts

Posted September 03, 2010 - 11:07 PM

Oh it disappointed me too. I havent seen such a bad performance by SC's defense since I can remember.

We'll see what adjustments are made. The positive I take from the bad defense performance is the fact that it happened in our first game and we still won.

I'd rather have it now, make the adjustments and improve, instead of it happening in the middle of the season or in a crucial game.

Remember Oregon, Stanford, etc last year? Posted Image I am anxious to see how the defense looks against Virginia. If they play great than that will give the defense tremendous confidence moving forward. And yeah I liked the game early but this was a tad to close for comfort lol...

Edited by TheBigFish, September 03, 2010 - 11:07 PM.

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#40 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts

Posted September 04, 2010 - 06:23 AM

watching college gameday with Kirk and Lee Corso!

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users