#41 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 21, 2010 - 09:47 PM

I don't if he's having a difficult time with the ball or something, but KD's shots aren't looking too good either. I like what I've seen from Westbrook, Rose, AI, Chauncey, Rudy. They have to clean up on the inefficient offense though.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#42 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 21, 2010 - 10:25 PM

USA's offense is really, really bad right now. They just couldn't hit ANYTHING in the first half of this game. I'm not liking the whole "driving in and kicking it out for a contested perimeter shot" plan. I agree with Windu, something looks off with Durant's shooting. It just doesn't look the same as we last saw him in the playoffs.

AI, Rudy and Westbrook have been playing well though, so there's a positive. This team is full of dudes that can jump out the roof, so if they can force the turnovers (like they did in the 2nd half), they'll be good to go with the transition game. However, I don't see a team like Spain falling apart like Lithuania did today. I'm kind of worried, but if USA can put itself together, and fast, then we should still be able to beat them.

#43 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,001 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted August 21, 2010 - 10:30 PM

USA's offense is really, really bad right now. They just couldn't hit ANYTHING in the first half of this game. I'm not liking the whole "driving in and kicking it out for a contested perimeter shot" plan. I agree with Windu, something looks off with Durant's shooting. It just doesn't look the same as we last saw him in the playoffs.

AI, Rudy and Westbrook have been playing well though, so there's a positive. This team is full of dudes that can jump out the roof, so if they can force the turnovers (like they did in the 2nd half), they'll be good to go with the transition game. However, I don't see a team like Spain falling apart like Lithuania did today. I'm kind of worried, but if USA can put itself together, and fast, then we should still be able to beat them.

I would start A.I. Granger looks lost as a mofo out there...

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#44 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts

Posted August 21, 2010 - 10:35 PM

I would start A.I. Granger looks lost as a mofo out there...

I would too. Granger looks terrible out there, he doesn't know what's going on half the time. Iggy is seriously underrated. Not a superstar guy you can build around, but the dude can do it all and is ready to play defense. He should be getting the start instead of Granger, but I guess they do need SOME perimeter scoring. When Granger is on, he's really hard to cool down. But when he's off, eh...not gonna do much else.

#45 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 21, 2010 - 10:44 PM

Iggy is a good defender, but he's not as solid as Granger. If you're looking for defense, you have to stick with Danny.

Team USA needs someone that can attack the rim, though. If it's Iguodala, so be it...but they need that slasher that gets to the rim at will. If Rose and Westbrook aren't going to do it, it'll be up to Rondo and Iguodala.

#46 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts

Posted August 21, 2010 - 10:59 PM

Iggy is a good defender, but he's not as solid as Granger. If you're looking for defense, you have to stick with Danny.

Team USA needs someone that can attack the rim, though. If it's Iguodala, so be it...but they need that slasher that gets to the rim at will. If Rose and Westbrook aren't going to do it, it'll be up to Rondo and Iguodala.

I agree, but it's just that Granger is looking so lost out there that I'm not so sure. He's a better player than Iggy, but Iggy looks like he's ready to play. Granger? Not so much. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users