Official NFL Week 4 Thread

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,533 posts

Posted September 29, 2008 - 01:07 PM

last stand, there's no way Witten is more important than T.O.

Owens' presence allows Witten to get open more then he would, and whenever he isn't making a lot of catches, the offense is stagnant.

I agree with you on Barber though, there's no way he should get only 8 carries.

The Cowboys are the second best in the division I think. I'll put the Giants at the top because they are the champs. Philly is a close third.

witten was a top 5 TE before TO got there

and by the way TO had 22 plays run specifically for him and they couldn't move the football TO may make big plays but when it comes time to move the chains and keep drives alive witten proves he is more valuable with his blocking and catching
Posted Image

#22 The Original 81

The Original 81

TLN Rep: New York

• 323 posts
  • Name:Tom
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 29, 2008 - 01:39 PM

witten was a top 5 TE before TO got there

and by the way TO had 22 plays run specifically for him and they couldn't move the football TO may make big plays but when it comes time to move the chains and keep drives alive witten proves he is more valuable with his blocking and catching

Correct, he was a top 5 TE, but now he's widely considered the best TE in the game.

T.O. did have A LOT of balls thrown his way but Romo forced a lot of them, for whatever reason. The offense goes as T.O. goes. The otherweek when T.O. had a pretty big first half, Philly paid too much attention to him in the second half and it opened it up for everyone else.

And last week, Green Bay schemed specifically to stop T.O., and on Miles Austin's big catch, THREE defensive backs were watching T.O., and it enabled Austin to get wide open downfield.

Witten is important, I'm not trying to say he isn't. But T.O. blocks pretty good himself too.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (3)