Should NBA Re-Format Playoffs Allowing Only Top 16 Teams In?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Should NBA Re-Format Playoffs Allowing Only Top 16 Teams In? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Should It?

1. Yes (10 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. No (6 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted July 27, 2008 - 11:02 PM

Yes or no and why?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index

at ESPN sportsnation so far, it's yes 64% & no 36% with a total of 25,900 votes.

I say definitely yes. Sure there will be some problems here & there, like scheduling, flights, etc.. but all in all, it's worth it, this is what would be BEST for the league imo.. the greater the competition, the greater the product.

#2 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,305 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 27, 2008 - 11:06 PM

I voted no, the playoffs are already IMO too long.

#3 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 27, 2008 - 11:23 PM

Why not...but I think its good the way it is.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#4 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,349 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted July 27, 2008 - 11:39 PM

I voted no, the playoffs are already IMO too long.

dude the longer the better man mayb this way playoffs goes to july man cause summer is god damn boring without LAKERS
Posted Image

#5 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted July 28, 2008 - 03:42 AM

dude the longer the better man mayb this way playoffs goes to july man cause summer is god damn boring without LAKERS

Considering Kobe that played all the games of 07-08, into June, and crashing into an olympics season which stretches till end august...he only left about 2 months to rest and get better for the next season. How many players can take that?

I totally agree that it's damn boring without em....thank god for Team USA this summer...=.=

#6 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,257 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 28, 2008 - 10:42 AM

I voted yes because there are many teams that deserve getting into the playoffs who don't. This year a well deserving Warriors team did not make the playoffs even though they won 51 games. In the Eastern conference, other than the top two teams, no other team had over 50 wins. In the past we have seen teams with losing records make it to the playoffs. There are better teams on the west coast who deserve a spot, instead of a non-deserving eastern conference team.

Posted Image

#7 baytanboy

baytanboy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille O'neal

Posted July 29, 2008 - 02:38 AM

no because that is the incentive of each conference. they gotta send equal number of teams in the playoffs. east teams are just fortunate nowadays coz the west is so powerful.

#8 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted July 29, 2008 - 02:41 AM

No, they should just keep things the way they are. Even though it wouldn't be fair for all those teams that didn't make it to the playoffs in the west but could've made it in the east, I would still say no. The west should always remain the superior conference and the records already show for it. Besides I don't want to see just Boston, Detroit, and Orlando and then the rest all west teams. Too unbalanced for me.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#9 Guest_Nyla_*

Guest_Nyla_*

Posted July 29, 2008 - 05:23 PM

As a fan living on the east coast, I'm all for it! The matchups in the east aren't all that great.

Yes, there are the cons to reconstructing it, the schedules would be tough to figure out and all, there would be mostly western conference teams, etc. But if only the top 16 teams made it in, all rounds would be so much more competitive and enjoyable to watch. Don't get me wrong, I liked seeing the Hawks push the Celtics to the brink of elimination, but it just wasn't great basketball.

Plus, reformatting the playoffs, would ensure that the two BEST teams would end up being in the finals. The east is too weak making it too easy for teams, like Cavs, to make the finals. After such a great wcf, it was such a let down.

#10 We Believe

We Believe

Sixth Man

• 2,805 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Fish.

Posted July 30, 2008 - 11:11 PM

It would be pretty interesting to see this happen if this was ever implemented. But i doubt it would ever be.

2010 NBA CHAMPIONS = LOS ANGELES LAKERS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users