Photo

Are You A Laker Fan, Or A Kobe Fan?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
202 replies to this topic

Poll: Are You A Laker Fan or a Kobe Fan? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Lakers or Kobe

1. Voted Lakers (29 votes [85.29%])

Percentage of vote: 85.29%

2. Kobe (5 votes [14.71%])

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

Vote

#21 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fan Since:1985 @ Birth
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:17 PM

I laugh everytime someone doesn't answer a question of yours the way you want them too. You can be both a Lakers fan and a Kobe fan. If you aren't, doesn't mean someone else can't. :laughing:

You can be both, but what happens (hypothetically) if Kobe gets traded? Does the person who chose both root for Kobe or The Lakers? What if Kobes team meets LA in The Finals?

Edited by Mr. Laker, August 08, 2010 - 07:17 PM.

#22 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,104 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:18 PM

You can be both, but what happens (hypothetically) if Kobe gets traded? Does the person who chose both root for Kobe or The Lakers? What if Kobes team meets LA in The Finals?

You're thinking a lil too deep into this. I think we'd all rather think in a current state of things.

#23 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:19 PM

You're thinking a lil too deep into this. I think we'd all rather think in a current state of things.

Its the off-season, all the signings(cept rookies) are done, theres nothing better to do, for me at least.

#24 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:20 PM

You can keep being both, rooting for the Lakers and whatever Kobe's team is. And when they meet in the finals, you just say "let the best win, would be happy in anyone of them does"

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#25 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:20 PM

Which one? You cant be both. You can be a Laker fan whos favorite player is Kobe, but you cant be both.

PS: If Kobe didnt demand a trade we wouldve never had Pau.

Yes you can, I'm a fan of the Lakers first and foremost regardless of where Kobe plays.

My first favorite player is Magic, he was drafted a Laker and retired a Laker, Kobe seems
to be following in his footsteps although he did scare me in the past (before they got rid
of Shaq he was threatening to be a Clipper then years later the trade demands came
when the Lakers as a championship contender were mediocre).

PS: You seriously think the trade demands helped? Kobe had been making trade demands
and demands for the Lakers FO to make moves. He wanted Bynum traded for Jason Kidd,
if the Lakers FO had listened to him what do you think would of happened to the team?
They never listened to Kobe, they were waiting for the opportunity to arise and it did.
One as a Garnett trade that fell through and another as a Pau trade that was the
best thing that happened to our franchise since winning the Shaq free agency
and trading Vlade for Kobe.

#26 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:23 PM

You can keep being both, rooting for the Lakers and whatever Kobe's team is. And when they meet in the finals, you just say "let the best win, would be happy in anyone of them does"

Im done arguing about being both, you guys can if you want i wont.

Yes you can, I'm a fan of the Lakers first and foremost regardless of where Kobe plays.

My first favorite player is Magic, he was drafted a Laker and retired a Laker, Kobe seems
to be following in his footsteps although he did scare me in the past (before they got rid
of Shaq he was threatening to be a Clipper then years later the trade demands came
when the Lakers as a championship contender were mediocre).

PS: You seriously think the trade demands helped? Kobe had been making trade demands
and demands for the Lakers FO to make moves. He wanted Bynum traded for Jason Kidd,
if the Lakers FO had listened to him what do you think would of happened to the team?
They never listened to Kobe, they were waiting for the opportunity to arise and it did.
One as a Garnett trade that fell through and another as a Pau trade that was the
best thing that happened to our franchise since winning the Shaq free agency
and trading Vlade for Kobe.

Of course the trade demands helped. When your best player, and the best player in the league demands a better team or trade him, you listen. It wasnt the only factor, but it was a factor.

#27 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,261 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:32 PM

I am a Laker fan, therefore I am a Kobe fan.

#28 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,831 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:32 PM

why can't you be both? what the hell?

i grew up watching kobe play..... i respect him as a basketball player because of the time he puts in to get better at what he does and his dedication.... if he got traded, id still check him out, because im a basketball fan first and foremost... obviously i wouldn't want him to win against the lakers though

this thread is an attempt to try to weed out the "true fans" vs the "kobe fans/bandwagoners" am i right?

13z8pc6.jpg

#29 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,261 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:35 PM

"I am a Laker fan, Kobe is my favorite player on The Lakers."

Mr. Laker, How can that NOT make you a Kobe fan? :laughing: seriously...

Check my info. Im not a Lakers fan. Im a Ron Artest fan instead all of a sudden. :rolleyes:

Edited by JRG_24, August 08, 2010 - 07:39 PM.

#30 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:36 PM

Im done arguing about being both, you guys can if you want i wont.

Of course the trade demands helped. When your best player, and the best player in the league demands a better team or trade him, you listen. It wasnt the only factor, but it was a factor.

Very circular logic.

#31 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:42 PM

UPDATE: Anyone who wants to be both go ahead, you CAN. Im wont, but theres nothing wrong with it if you guys are. Relax TLN.

Edited by Mr. Laker, August 08, 2010 - 07:42 PM.

#32 Guest_Rico Suave_*

Guest_Rico Suave_*

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:47 PM

I laugh everytime someone doesn't answer a question of yours the way you want them too.

Others do this as well, perhaps even myself, but the sad thing is, the consistency/frequency & levels to which he does it. It's really just :rolleyes:

#33 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:48 PM

Others do this as well, perhaps even myself, but the sad thing is, the consistency/frequency & levels to which he does it. It's really just :rolleyes:

Are you talking about me?

#34 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:49 PM

Lol this thread turned wack.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#35 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:51 PM

Lol this thread turned wack.

I agree. MODS CLOSE THIS THREAD! I got what i needed anyway.

#36 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,291 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:51 PM

last i checked my blood was purple and gold been a fan since the 88 finals against the pistons

#37 Guest_Rico Suave_*

Guest_Rico Suave_*

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:52 PM

Are you talking about me?

Sometimes you take your lawyer title a little too seriously & argue just for the sake of arguing it seems, but to an excessive level. Just tone down the exaggeration a bit.

MODS CLOSE THIS THREAD!

Glad you feel that way. This was not a wise decision no offense.

Edited by Rico Suave, August 08, 2010 - 07:51 PM.

#38 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:55 PM

Sometimes you take your lawyer title a little too seriously & argue just for the sake of arguing it seems, but to an excessive level. Just tone down the exaggeration a bit.

My lawyer title? Me being a lawyer has nothing to do with TLN, i only mentioned it because someone asked. Were all Laker fans here, its a Laker blog.

These are forums, they are made for people to argue/agree with thoughts/ideas. Maybe i do take it too far sometimes, but who doesnt?

I stand by my argument, thats all. Sorry if it seems like im arguing just to argue. Im really not.

MODS CLOSE THE THREAD!!

#39 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:57 PM

My lawyer title? Me being a lawyer has nothing to do with TLN, i only mentioned it because someone asked. Were all Laker fans here, its a Laker blog.

These are forums, they are made for people to argue/agree with thoughts/ideas. Maybe i do take it too far sometimes, but who doesnt?

I stand by my argument, thats all. Sorry if it seems like im arguing just to argue. Im really not.

MODS CLOSE THE THREAD!!

Don't forget about the Kobe fans too my man...

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#40 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 07:59 PM

Don't forget about the Kobe fans too my man...

:laughing: Your right...

Edited by Mr. Laker, August 08, 2010 - 07:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users