Photo

Are there any Metal Gear Solid fans here?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 ironwolf89

ironwolf89

Rookie

• 361 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 06, 2010 - 02:10 PM

Cant wait for MGS Rising, Raiden definitely my favorite character after becoming ninja.
Posted Image

#22 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,722 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 06, 2010 - 11:29 PM

can't wait either, it looks AMAZING!

but no way raiden EVER tops snake in my book. if it wasnt for fox-die snake would be tearing [expletive] UP

2div

#23 ironwolf89

ironwolf89

Rookie

• 361 posts

Posted August 07, 2010 - 04:39 PM

Lol true, I'm just a fan of the whole ninja thing, if anyone here down to play MGO sometime on PS3, add me on PSN: Ironwolf89

just tell me in the message its from TLNer
Posted Image

#24 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted August 09, 2010 - 06:42 PM

I'm guessing Snake is going to die in the beginning of the next MSG game?
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#25 ironwolf89

ironwolf89

Rookie

• 361 posts

Posted August 10, 2010 - 09:21 AM

Rising takes place between MGS2 and 4, it will show how Raiden became who he is in MGS4
Posted Image

#26 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted August 10, 2010 - 02:09 PM

Rising takes place between MGS2 and 4, it will show how Raiden became who he is in MGS4

ooooooh, i shoulda known that. lol thanks.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#27 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,086 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted August 10, 2010 - 03:26 PM

When is it coming out?

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#28 ironwolf89

ironwolf89

Rookie

• 361 posts

Posted August 10, 2010 - 06:41 PM

No word on that yet, if I had to guess I'd say spring 2011 earliest, but probably fall of next year. But definitely hopefully sooner than later lol. I'll have plenty of games to keep me occupied until then.

Anyone here play peace walker?? I havent been able to unlock alot of the extra ops nor the monster hunting? Any ideas?
Posted Image

#29 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,722 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 10, 2010 - 09:03 PM

sorry can't help you

2div

#30 ironwolf89

ironwolf89

Rookie

• 361 posts

Posted August 11, 2010 - 09:26 AM

dang, theres so much extra in the game but Idk how to get to it -__-
Posted Image

#31 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,578 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted September 16, 2010 - 07:08 AM

big fan here. i've finished mgs 1-3. still have to play 4. i've also finished mgs portable ops, but not the peacewalker.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#32 lakerzkb8

lakerzkb8

Rookie

• 80 posts

Posted September 17, 2010 - 09:57 AM

MGS4 does give evidence that it is the end of Solid Snake's storyline, but more MGS are on the way

Honestly they can easily come up with a storyline where Otacon or someone else was able to find something to reverse the symptoms. I mean they came up with devices that reflect bullets, Liquid's hand taking control of Ocelot ( we we assumed that for years lol), a walking nuclear active tank that sounds like a dinosaur, villians like psycho mantis, etc etc is coming up with a cure to Snake's accelerated aging really that ridiculous?

If they went that route and had Snake go back to his normal age i'd be down. Introduce an entirely new villian and you're good to go. Biggest obstacle is getting Kojima on board though. He said he might do a MGS5 so you never know. Peace Walker was originally suppose to be MGS5, but he changed his mind last second. It's clearly that he's not done with the series. I say change the game's title to Metal Gear _______(fill in the blank) and set it up as an entirely different saga. And please NO new protagonists.

Any MGO players here? I just started playing a few weeks ago and im obsessed lol Up to level 7..

#33 lakerzkb8

lakerzkb8

Rookie

• 80 posts

Posted September 17, 2010 - 10:00 AM

Yep, but creators say that this game is a stand alone and you don't have to know too much about the Metal Gear series to understand whats going on with Rising. Rumor has it that they'll have a gameplay video and a possible release date next week at the Tokyo Game Show.

#34 ironwolf89

ironwolf89

Rookie

• 361 posts

Posted September 21, 2010 - 03:33 PM

The problem with bringing back Snake is how it cheapens MGS4's ending, I agree its easy to but idk if Kojima wants to do that, Snake and Big Boss needed a finale, and I think that MGS4 ended it perfectly, we'll see though anything is possible,

Rising on the other hand is gonna be sweeet! Saw the gameplay from TGS they were showing how real time the cuts are to objects its gonna be awesome. Hopefully it wont be complicated to control.
Posted Image

#35 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,086 posts

Posted January 04, 2013 - 05:35 PM

bump, I been looking at walkthroughs to get familiar with the story again (didn't remember it all the way) I'm currently playing MGS4. My question is does Peace Walker flows with 1 2 3 and 4.

#36 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,578 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted January 04, 2013 - 10:45 PM

actually thinking of replaying MGS4, but i want to finish resident evil 6 (just ada's campaign left) and play resident evil 4 first

Posted Image

#37 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,086 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 02:54 PM

I don't know how I feel bout Metal Gear Rising. doesn't seem stealthy at all,

#38 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted January 13, 2013 - 09:16 PM

Im a MGS fan, i still play the games on my PC and Mac.

Posted Image

#39 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,086 posts

Posted April 22, 2013 - 10:48 AM

Konami has now confirmed the Legacy Collection, which "will include Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition (which includes the original MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2), Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions and Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy Edition. In addition, the collection will also include two Ashley Wood digital graphic novels."

"We wanted to give Metal Gear Solid fans the opportunity to experience the series from beginning to end, all on one console," said Konami president Tomoyuki Tsuboi. "With the collection's multiple titles, players can truly see how Metal Gear Solid evolved into the critically acclaimed and beloved franchise it is today."

Original story follows:

A new Metal Gear Solid collection appears to be on the way for PlayStation 3. First outed by a Korean ratings board listing, the set appears to be titled the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection and is listed only for PlayStation 3

Adding fuel to the fire, series creator Hideo Kojima tweeted an image of a Metal Gear Solid logo that appears to include images from all four Metal Gear Solid games in addition to Peace Walker.

In 2011, Konami released the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on PS3, offering Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Peace Walker in one set. We’ve reached out about the Legacy Collection and will update this story with any comment we receive.

Adding fuel to the fire, series creator Hideo Kojima tweeted an image of a Metal Gear Solid logo that appears to include images from all four Metal Gear Solid games in addition to Peace Walker.

In 2011, Konami released the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on PS3, offering Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Peace Walker in one set. We’ve reached out about the Legacy Collection and will update this story with any comment we receive.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users