#1161 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,375 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 25, 2013 - 02:12 PM

I hate the governor, man .. I hope he dies by the end of this season.

#1162 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,720 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 25, 2013 - 11:44 PM

I hate the governor, man .. I hope he dies by the end of this season.

They could have done that in a couple episodes, why wait a full season.

This season has been really slow...

Posted Image

#1163 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,375 posts

Posted November 26, 2013 - 06:22 AM

I think it has had a decent amount of action so far. Last 2 episodes were kinda slow, but that's normal after the fast start.

Edited by Saber, November 26, 2013 - 06:23 AM.

• 40,603 posts

Posted November 26, 2013 - 03:09 PM

Spoiler

Right. Smart cheap bastards. They do that and then give us two slow episodes later to supposedly finally actually get to it for the "mid-season finale". Typical BS.

The way they ended this episode sets up the rest of the season for failure.

Please elaborate.

and in my opinion it's already somewhat of a failure anyway. I can't see how you some of you can't seem to realize how cheap these bastards running the show are. Listen to some interviews of the original show creator & runner Frank Darabont of season 1. He exposes a lot of this and it was the biggest reason he left. These pieces of crap were greedy & were willing to sacrifice the quality of the show to keep costs down and steal more money in the process. They've got a pretty comfortably slow easy formula going and they can get away with it cause not enough people are tuning out for it to cost them sadly.

The whole staying in the prison first of all like I said, they came up with a genius excuse to stay there on set and not have to move location and spend more money by creating that super virus storyline, which only slowed things down more as they're not moving whatsoever.

Then the whole governor BS. He was supposed to have died in last season's extremely disappointing & underwhelming season finale and no, he just comes back and then they have some bull[expletive] with him where they just intentionally waste a bit of time to try to show the audience that he can change and he's now a sympathetic figure, when suddenly after all that time wasted in trying to build him up again as a changed man, they just make him back the same way, and now what? He's got his own army & camp behind him yet again ready for war? Lmao... c'mon man.. these guys have to be able to do better than this. It's just not enough people calling them out and holding them up to it. These rich hungry cheap punks man..

and almost every show is predictable in the sense that they just waste almost the whole episode until the end when they give you a little something and the next episode they don't even always follow up on it exactly... so many letdown so often..

Hell yeah, what we've been waiting for will happen next week.

Two mostly bull[expletive] episodes just of filler that ultimately were BS anyway as they just intended to turn him back to full on evil governor mode yet again.. what a waste. They aren't fooling me that's for sure.

Wow.. this mid-season finales are retarded.

Again, rich money hungry greedy sobs...

I just hope they don't lag the midseason finale and have the confrontation at the end of the episode. (Which knowing them, they might do). -___-

Oh you can almost bet on that. It certainly shouldn't shock anyone if so. This show's done [expletive] like that quite a few times already. Don't get your hopes up too high. Expect more BS just in case so you're not as disappointed.

So far they've only introduced the new super-flu (with Carol leaving and others on a supply run) and the governor's two-episode story. That's it? They could've done more.

I'm glad you're not blind. More & more people are starting to see the bull[expletive] that's been happening with this show for a while now. A lot of the people running it are full of [expletive].

This is how the show works. Push pointless dialogue with melodrama then after 20 or so mins shock the viewers with blood and guts so they stay interested in pointless storytelling -- rise and repeat over and over .

yo.

#1165 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,720 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted November 27, 2013 - 06:26 AM

Right. Smart cheap bastards. They do that and then give us two slow episodes later to supposedly finally actually get to it for the "mid-season finale". Typical BS.

Please elaborate.

and in my opinion it's already somewhat of a failure anyway. I can't see how you some of you can't seem to realize how cheap these bastards running the show are. Listen to some interviews of the original show creator & runner Frank Darabont of season 1. He exposes a lot of this and it was the biggest reason he left. These pieces of crap were greedy & were willing to sacrifice the quality of the show to keep costs down and steal more money in the process. They've got a pretty comfortably slow easy formula going and they can get away with it cause not enough people are tuning out for it to cost them sadly.

The whole staying in the prison first of all like I said, they came up with a genius excuse to stay there on set and not have to move location and spend more money by creating that super virus storyline, which only slowed things down more as they're not moving whatsoever.

Then the whole governor BS. He was supposed to have died in last season's extremely disappointing & underwhelming season finale and no, he just comes back and then they have some bull[expletive] with him where they just intentionally waste a bit of time to try to show the audience that he can change and he's now a sympathetic figure, when suddenly after all that time wasted in trying to build him up again as a changed man, they just make him back the same way, and now what? He's got his own army & camp behind him yet again ready for war? Lmao... c'mon man.. these guys have to be able to do better than this. It's just not enough people calling them out and holding them up to it. These rich hungry cheap punks man..

and almost every show is predictable in the sense that they just waste almost the whole episode until the end when they give you a little something and the next episode they don't even always follow up on it exactly... so many letdown so often..

Two mostly bull[expletive] episodes just of filler that ultimately were BS anyway as they just intended to turn him back to full on evil governor mode yet again.. what a waste. They aren't fooling me that's for sure.

Again, rich money hungry greedy sobs...

Oh you can almost bet on that. It certainly shouldn't shock anyone if so. This show's done [expletive] like that quite a few times already. Don't get your hopes up too high. Expect more BS just in case so you're not as disappointed.

I'm glad you're not blind. More & more people are starting to see the bull[expletive] that's been happening with this show for a while now. A lot of the people running it are full of [expletive].

I agree. I want to see this show move in some specific direction.  I know this is based on the comics and I have no idea how those go but is this show going somewhere? Is there actually any hope of curing the infection or at least "killing" the walkers? Or it's just going to be like this to the end.

And I saw no point in portraying the governor as a good person, when at the end of the episode you make him that angry full of hate sob he's always been, a waste of time.

This show needs something. The end of days zombie killing, bad people, good people that are now bad people to "survive" isnt' cutting it for me anymore, but I guess I'm asking too much...

Posted Image

• 40,603 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 06:53 AM

A few pretty brutal reviews via imdb..

This show is in need of a good editor and writer
40.gif
Author: Hal Swann
19 November 2013
We have a joke around my house about TWD, we call it the creeping dead. I use to enjoy watching the first few seasons, as bad as they were they at least moved forward inch by inch. Now this show is a complete time waster, it takes three episodes to tell something that should only take three minutes. After last night's cliché driven, paint drying paced veneer of a redemption story for someone not deserving of redemption, I'm done.

When a show has a group of writers as bad as this show has, the trick is to have a great editor. Instead, the editor is even worse, making this show a true survivor story, for the viewer that is. Well I didn't make it. Falling asleep has been the only good thing this show has been for me since season two. The writers in Hollywood have truly become the real life zombies since the invasion of reality TV.

Low quality
20.gif
Author: Elias Kalamaras
13 November 2013
Lousy soap opera, hidden behind some zombies eating fresh meat. I guess this has already been said, but to my understanding, the producers are trying to mix two genres: soap operas and horror movies. And they do so, in order to attract more audience. Unfortunately, the soap opera side prevails, the dialogues are too long and the events turn around love, lost pregnancies, mistrust, cheating etc etc... Nothing to do with zombies. It's really so boring,unbelievably boring. I am really wondering how the actors and they do not burst in laughing while playing. I can only watch this feeding with stupidity series only when I have nothing else to watch. Or, I would rather watch the Bold and Beautiful. It's more authentic and less ridiculous.

Not a completely terrible show, but it's about to become one.
50.gif
Author: nancy-ji97 from Australia
11 November 2013
I absolutely love action/adventure/drama TV shows. As a total 'Lost' nut, I was eager to watch 'The Walking Dead' as people have often compared it to Lost. And I won't lie--the first season or so is really not bad. I wouldn't say I was addicted, though. Unlike some other shows, I was absolutely desperate to watch it when the next episode would come out--however, for TWD, I feel like I had to sort of talk myself into watching it every week.

The biggest things that drag this incredibly overrated TV show down is the horrible writing, mediocre acting and incredibly uneventful storyline. Each character has about one trait and character development is pretty much completely absent. 10% of this show is made up of important plot points, enthralling action and interesting events. However, 90% of it is simply standing around having boring conversations that don't result in anything, going out on an 'excursion' with a small group that is dragged out unnecessarily long (and almost always results in the car getting stuck or something), badly written melodrama and repetitive zombie killing (it used to be fun, but nowadays the zombie scenes are just boring as hell). It's really not a good thing when you don't know a thing about the show's protagonist, Rick. All I know is that he used to be a sheriff. Literally nothing else. Pair that up with an incredibly annoying and pointless son, Carl, and a bunch of mismatched characters that have no chemistry whatsoever.

It's supposed to be a zombie show but the zombies don't even pose a danger to anyone or anything. They're just kind of...there. Half the time, our characters simply walk past the zombies without doing anything to them.

The things that keep the show above the water is the absolutely incredible production and a very small handful of characters (when I say 'handful', I mean about three. There are too many characters. Too many characters is not necessarily a bad thing at all--'Lost' had at least 40 main characters but each one of them aided the storyline in pivotal roles. In The Walking Dead--not so much) that are actually interesting. Instead, the majority of them literally sit around. I'm not even kidding. The only interesting characters are Glenn, Daryl and The Governor, who is a crazy villain who will be killed off soon--so, that leaves two interesting characters.

Each season seems to be progressively going downhill (they've been stuck in the same prison setting for over a season and it's getting really boring) and nothing ever shocking happens. The show can be saved, however--there's a lot of great potential for something amazing to happen but I'm guessing it'll never happen. I can understand why people love it, though. I suppose it's one of those shows that you either love the hell out of, or pretty much despise and right now, I'm leaning towards the latter.

yo.

#1167 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,375 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 07:39 AM

The group is supposed to head to Washington like in the comics. They even casted 2 important charachters from the comics (can't remember their names) that will join them on the way. The show will pick up, they just need to end this governor BS and finally leave this damn prison ..

• 40,603 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 08:39 AM

The show will pick up.

No [expletive], but that's besides the point. It should've already "picked up" a long time ago.

yo.

#1169 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,615 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted November 27, 2013 - 11:51 AM

Sounds like the governor is on this page trying to rally his group against the prison. 

sigpic241029_1.gif

Edited by MAMBA24ILL, November 27, 2013 - 12:20 PM.

2hf753r.jpg

#1170 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,375 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 12:47 PM

No [expletive], but that's besides the point. It should've already "picked up" a long time ago.

By your logic they should've covered the whole story in 3 seasons .. You forget the producers are also bussinessmen - they need more episodes, more seasons so they can make their money. They've got the right formula - the show is one of the most watched even with all the criticism that follows it. I do prefer the quality over quantity type of series (like Boardwalk empire), but that's how it is ..

#1171 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,615 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted November 27, 2013 - 01:05 PM

A cure should have been found midway through season 2! 

This is such BULLSH*T!!

2hf753r.jpg

#1172 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,630 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted November 30, 2013 - 09:39 PM

Anyone read the comics?
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#1173 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,946 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 06:56 PM

[expletive] the Governor.

OD_zpsef7494d9.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#1174 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,350 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted December 01, 2013 - 07:01 PM

[expletive] WENT DOWN !

EyMlHkX.jpg

#1175 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,350 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted December 01, 2013 - 08:13 PM

February needs to hurry.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#1176 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 01, 2013 - 10:17 PM

how in the world is hershel crawling around with his head hanging halfway off lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#1177 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,499 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 01, 2013 - 10:20 PM

Damn, so that baby got gobbled up huh?

#1178 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,826 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted December 01, 2013 - 10:26 PM

this show has so much filler its ridiculous. Idk how the hell rick and gov' fought so easily when they both have been shot prior

ap1.png

#1179 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,946 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 10:29 PM

Someone probably took the baby with them.

OD_zpsef7494d9.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#1180 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 01, 2013 - 10:30 PM

that grenade in the tank was weak

Rick lost man points...you can't get beat down by the governor

Glad Hershel's dead

Kids pulling 187s