• Please log in to reply
1440 replies to this topic

#861 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,172 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted March 31, 2013 - 07:14 PM

Definitely disappointing but they got Andrea.

EyMlHkX.jpg

• 40,400 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 07:20 PM

^ In a crappy way no less. They dragged out her scenes with the stupid pliers, talking, waiting for Milton, sad music, rubbish.

If Frank Darabont (season 1) would've stayed:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52526

yo.

#863 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 31, 2013 - 07:22 PM

Not disappointed because I knew they weren't going to wrap up all story lines in under an hour.

Very interested to see the development of Carl's character in the next season.

• 40,400 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 07:24 PM

Not disappointed.

That was a season finale for you? Seriously?

Torture chair? No. Epic prison battle? No. Bury Merle? No. Gov getting owned? NO!

Grenn die? NOOOO! End of boring prison setting? HELL NO!

1) No resolution with the Gov ... WTF was the point of this season.

2) How many times do you have to show Andrea tied up in her chair wondering if the stupid guy was dead. Sorry you fail at suspense.

3) Gov and his "army" run away from a few flash grenades and 2 people shooting. Pathetic.

Edited by    , March 31, 2013 - 07:27 PM.

yo.

#865 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,600 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 31, 2013 - 08:11 PM

LMAO<br /><br />

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

• 40,400 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 08:14 PM

^ So sad.

yo.

#867 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 1,025 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted March 31, 2013 - 08:21 PM

The Mid season finale [expletive] on this season finale.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

• 40,400 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 08:27 PM

The 1st season was OK. the 2nd season was terrible. very little happened at all. the 1st 8 episodes of the 3rd season were OK and they went on a midseason break only to come back for 7 more episodes of garbage. i won't even watch the last episode of season 3. im sick of trying to muddle through the 95% of this show that sucks just to get to the 5% that's decent. not at all worth it. also, the acting is truly awful. The actors are incapable of expressing how intense the characters are supposed to be in any believable way. I keep forcing myself to find this great show everybody is telling me about but after 3 seasons, i found only that no such show exists here

I have watched this from Season 1 and recently realised I don't actually like the show. I like the 'idea' of a zombie TV show but realised this is just a soap opera with the occasional zombie thrown in.

A few episodes ago I told myself that if they have another scene where it is completely silent yet a zombie is able to 'suddenly' appear behind someone without them hearing, I would switch it off.

In addition to this (and this shows how annoyed I had become with the show - I had only been watching recently as my wife watches it), in last night's episode when Andrea escapes the compound and the Governor goes after her, I told my wife - if he is able to find her, despite the fact that she can travel through miles of bushland, hear his car coming and duck off road as he approaches, I will turn it off immediately.

So she heads off, hears a car and heads into the bush to lean against a tree and sigh with relief (oh no, I think, they couldn't - it is dead silent in the forest...). Then, yep, you guessed it, a zombie suddenly reaches through a gap in the tree to grab her. I was already laughing my butt off at the ridiculousness of this when, and this beggars belief even more, multiple zombies are standing a metre or so in front of her! She was looking in that direction that very moment and didn't see anything (or hear anything).

So, as promised, I told my wife "that's me done, I'm out!" Then, before I had a chance to leave the room and watch something with more believability (like a TV show on Homeopathy for instance), Andrea is walking through and open field when suddenly the Governor's car appears to chase her through the field! This had me shrieking with a kind of 'I can't believe how lazy the writers are on this show' laugh/mad cackle.

I agree with the negative reviews for this show, however will repeat some of the sentiments which I echo - - makeup/effects on this show are amazing - best I have ever seen on a TV show - it constantly amazes me how they are able to depict zombie slaughter so realistically - don't be fooled by the occasional zombie - this is a soap opera - 70% of every episode is people arguing with each other - too many characters are cartoonish - Merle is there just to be the 'nasty annoying' one. Too many extended soap opera close ups of the Governor doing 'evil crazy person' looks to no-one in particular - I just don't believe the way that everyone wants to attack any person/group they don't know - it assumes that in the event of apocalypse that everyone suddenly loses every altruistic bone in their body - as mentioned, completely unrealistic depiction of groaning zombies who suddenly appear silently next to characters, only to start groaning again. These zombies need a new career as ninja assassins due to their episodic stealth capabilities - as many on here have already stated, characters do pointless things just so the writers can lazily introduce 'dangerous' situations. The one in season 2 where they try to lower Glen into that water well with the zombies defied belief. I felt like my brain had been raped by the writers when I watched that part - season two can be characterised by unending arguing, saved only by a single moment half way through when the girl comes out of the barn (THAT was quality writing) - however I do need to point out the ridiculousness of that girl even running away in the first place (oh dear, I am spooked by a zombie - better run away alone into a forest full of zombies!) - a thin premise is stretched unbelievably thin. You realise you have watched four episodes and the story has barely progressed.

- I realise that realism is not going to be paramount in a zombie TV show however you should at least try. The writers of this are just too lazy to properly map out logic and psychology. The best thrillers and horrors are where you can see that writers have been careful and creative to make sure that the situation makes logical sense - this show is the equivalent of the old horror movie where they send a single person alone, at night into a haunted house for no good reason.

- the quirky humour of the first few episodes disappeared quickly (the episode where they covered themselves in gore was first class writing). It's now just way too serious and soapy.

Okay, so let me get this one thing straight. This show is not awful, so I don't understand the 1 star ratings, but this show is definitely not a masterpiece for these reasons.

I don't know why there is so much buzz around this show, the scenario is very predictable and completely unoriginal. The good ole' wake up in a hospital in a zombie apocalypse idea. This isn't necessarily a terrible thing, but it really is a problem as it forces the whole show to become stereotypical and similar to, well really any zombie flick.

The characters are not very well acted, so you won't see this show nominated for 'Best Actor in a Drama Series'. If the show was well acted, maybe the viewers would benefit from it.

The first season was honestly quite entertaining,(However still cliché) but the second season was really slow paced and I found myself wanting to skip some scenes. The third season improved on the slow paced episodes, but by that time I had bad views on the show.

Overall the show could have been great, but it is those things bringing it down that can't make it such a good show. I wish there wasn't so much buzz around such an average show!

yo.

#869 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,600 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 08:31 PM

It won't be hard skipping next seasons first run. I'm not feeding into AMC and its bullcrap hype. <br /><br />Worst finale I've ever seen. The sappy music tried to make me feel something. It did nothing. JOKE. You can't evoke emotions from me, these characters suck. <br /><br />I wasn't expecting something great either. It was so bad I'm embarrassed for them. <br /><br />Season 2 was better than this. <br /><br />Carl straight up told Rick he's wack. When a 10 YO is the baddest character left, its over. I could go on forever. <br /><br />

• 40,400 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 08:34 PM

^ Couldn't agree more. I don't blame you for laughing. That's literally how ridiculous too many things on this show are (some of which you mentioned).

yo.

#871 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 31, 2013 - 09:12 PM

Lol, I wasn't expecting anything and I still came away disappointed.

Yeah, I'm not eager to catch the future seasons on time like I am/was. Hopefully they get their [expletive] together for future seasons because I know they have to be aware of the viewers disappointment thus far.

Like the concept, starting to dislike the show.

#872 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 09:49 PM

That was a season finale for you? Seriously?

Don't leave out the part where I said:

"because I knew they weren't going to wrap up all story lines in under an hour."

I'm not disappointed because I didn't set my expectations high for the episode. I knew it wasn't going to be some great season finale. 

#873 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,525 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted March 31, 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'm waiting for the governor to pop in again in like episode 7 of season 4. Such a predictable show.

Good show, but it makes me mad. And I don't even watch it. My GF is obsessed with it so I've seen quite a few episodes and sometimes it's just awful.

#874 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,600 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 10:59 PM

I'm waiting for the governor to pop in again in like episode 7 of season 4. Such a predictable show.

Good show, but it makes me mad. And I don't even watch it. My GF is obsessed with it so I've seen quite a few episodes and sometimes it's just awful.

Dump her. lol

#875 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,448 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted April 01, 2013 - 08:19 AM

This show needs new writers, and some good tweaking. For the longest I've tried to stay positive & be a real proponent of the show but last night was very sad. Fans of TWD deserve much more. 

So now Andrea's a goner. There was a time I thought she'd be a key, tough character but she ended up being an annoying bia.

Looks like Woodbury has been vacated & The Governor & a few of his henchmen are on hiatus now. Rick didn't want to take in Tyrese & a few others & now they're taking in bus full of people?

veqdeg.jpg

#876 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted April 01, 2013 - 08:22 AM

I'm a lil bit disappointed as well .. I expect more from a season finale than this. Guvnuh didn't die, no one got devoured by a walker on camera .. at least they got rid of that [expletive] Andrea. She should've killed the governor when she had the chance .. Kill or be killed.

Definitely expecting more from season 4.

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#877 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,448 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted April 01, 2013 - 08:24 AM

Heck, did Maggie & Glenn ever get married?

veqdeg.jpg

#878 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,313 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted April 01, 2013 - 08:24 AM

Pretty boring episode IMO. Maybe i was expecting too much.

#879 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 01, 2013 - 08:37 AM

Andrea's death wasn't even good. I wanted to SEE her die...pretty gruesomely I might add.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#880 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,313 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted April 01, 2013 - 09:01 AM

Andrea's death wasn't even good. I wanted to SEE her die...pretty gruesomely I might add.

Me too. Never liked that dumb [expletive]

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users