#1 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted September 26, 2008 - 05:05 PM

Posted Image
With three years left on his contract, Dirk Nowitzki is already considering hanging up his Nikes in 2011 after 14 seasons, at the age of 33.
Via Z, here's Dirk in a Q&A with the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram: "I think the worst thing that athletes can do is play too long and at the end look slow and don't look right and they lose some of their reputation. I want to play when it's fun, but when I have to get up in the morning, everything hurts and I have to go to work, if that's my mentality, then I'd rather quit and do something else." And on negotiating an extension: "I don't want to commit until I'm 35, 36 or whatever and then I really don't want to play that long. But, saying that now, I really don't know. I think everything's kind of out in the open."

Posted Image

#2 We Believe

We Believe

Sixth Man

• 2,805 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Fish.

Posted September 26, 2008 - 05:12 PM

wow. thats pretty early. Shaqs like 50 we thats why hes retiring.

2010 NBA CHAMPIONS = LOS ANGELES LAKERS

#3 Synergy

Synergy

The Only Suns Fan On TLN

• 1,027 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 26, 2008 - 05:42 PM

Yeah... that's pretty early. Though three years is a long time.
Posted Image

#4 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,853 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 26, 2008 - 10:13 PM

Blah, blah, blah - winning changes everything.

As soon as he signs with an Eastern team in his free agency year he'll have all sorts of renewed energy for the game. What should be retired is his time as the #1 go-to guy on the Mavericks. He's a Pau Gasol type at best - a real strong #2 that has trouble carrying the leadership role of a team. As long as he's the main focus of a team, they (and he) won't win anything.

I like the guy, but this is all coming from a guy who has been so close to the top but has to start all over again now. Give him some time (and a new team) and he'll be right back to his ol' self.

#5 Domo

Domo

Based

• 998 posts

Posted September 27, 2008 - 12:04 AM

As soon as he signs with an Eastern team in his free agency year he'll have all sorts of renewed energy for the game. What should be retired is his time as the #1 go-to guy on the Mavericks. He's a Pau Gasol type at best - a real strong #2 that has trouble carrying the leadership role of a team. As long as he's the main focus of a team, they (and he) won't win anything.

I like the guy, but this is all coming from a guy who has been so close to the top but has to start all over again now. Give him some time (and a new team) and he'll be right back to his ol' self.

Agree 100%.

#6 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted September 27, 2008 - 03:20 PM

Damn straight, time to play the national anthem and then give the ball to Josh Howard.

#7 Kellz

Kellz

Kellz comin back to TLN

• 2,055 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Trevor Ariza

Posted September 28, 2008 - 10:35 AM

+1
co-sign :o
R.I.P. Michael Jackson King Of Pop
1958-2009

Glad i left lakerground, and even happier im a member at Lakers Nation
TLN FTW!!!!!

All Hail the King of R&B, R. Kelly

#8 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted September 28, 2008 - 11:12 AM

They still have Jason Kidd right? He probably thinks the Mavs can make something happen in those three years but in case nothing happens, he'll be able to retire around the same time as Jason Kidd.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#9 Kellz

Kellz

Kellz comin back to TLN

• 2,055 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Trevor Ariza

Posted September 28, 2008 - 11:15 AM

Jkidd is done imo
R.I.P. Michael Jackson King Of Pop
1958-2009

Glad i left lakerground, and even happier im a member at Lakers Nation
TLN FTW!!!!!

All Hail the King of R&B, R. Kelly

#10 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted September 28, 2008 - 11:17 AM

Yeh he's pretty much done but he'll probably play still since he has nothing better to do. Might as well try to make one more run before you retire although he cannot make a jump shot to save his life.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#11 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,698 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted September 29, 2008 - 09:11 PM

Whoa, and He's Kobe's age.

0 user(s) are reading this topic