Photo

Chris Paul thread (Pg. 8 Paul's first choice is the Knicks)

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you trade for Chris Paul? (69 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you trade for Chris Paul?

1. Yes. Bynum + 1st round pick for Chris Paul (12 votes [17.39%])

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

2. Voted Yes. Odom + Sasha + 1st round pick for Chris Paul (37 votes [53.62%])

Percentage of vote: 53.62%

3. Voted No we're better off without Chris Paul (20 votes [28.99%])

Percentage of vote: 28.99%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 21, 2010 - 03:55 PM

http://tinyurl.com/35o378w

When Paul was quoted a few weeks ago as saying he'd be open to a trade if the Hornets aren't committed to building a championship team, it was only a small hint as to the size of the chasm that exists between the franchise and its cornerstone player. Paul, in fact, has put into motion an aggressive exit strategy that will accelerate in the coming weeks, and his clear intention is to be traded before the start of the 2010-11 season, a person with direct knowledge of his plans told CBSSports.com Wednesday.

"He wants out," said the person, who has been briefed on Paul's strategy but spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss it publicly. "He wants to play with another superstar. He wants to follow LeBron's model of teaming up with other great players."

Paul's list of preferred destinations consists of the Knicks, Magic and Lakers, and members of his inner circle already have sent word to the Hornets of his desire to be traded to one of those teams, sources say. If Paul has his way, he's played his last game in a Hornets jersey.

"He feels like they haven't put the right pieces together," said the person familiar with the star point guard's plans.

Paul, a three-time All-Star, still has two years before he can become a free agent. But his dissatisfaction with the Hornets' downward spiral, coupled with the coup pulled off by James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami has only accelerated his desire to seek a trade. Sources within the NBA say members of Paul's camp have told them recently, "He's not going to start the season in New Orleans."

Edited by MDI, July 22, 2010 - 01:16 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,848 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 21, 2010 - 03:58 PM

Ball dominant point guard traded for a big. Never trade big for small, bad idea. You win with depth of skilled size in the paint, something Miami will find out this year. To give up the thing that has set you apart from the rest of the pack in the West and the NBA is a mistake of massive proportions.

May sound crazy, but, nope, I'll take a pass. You think the Lakers are over the cap now - wait until Paul is a free agent.

No need for a paper team here, the Lakers already have a super team in actuality instead of a roster sheet.

#3 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted July 21, 2010 - 04:03 PM

Ball dominant point guard traded for a big. Never trade big for small, bad idea. You win with depth of skilled size in the paint, something Miami will find out this year. To give up the thing that has set you apart from the rest of the pack in the West and the NBA is a mistake of massive proportions.

May sound crazy, but, nope, I'll take a pass. You think the Lakers are over the cap now - wait until Paul is a free agent.

No need for a paper team here, the Lakers already have a super team in actuality instead of a roster sheet.

Exactly. +1.

Posted Image

#4 .:{Air_Kobe}:.

.:{Air_Kobe}:.

Rising Star

• 225 posts
  • Name:Martin
  • Fan Since:Since Birth

Posted July 21, 2010 - 04:04 PM

He's a Knick :]

#5 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,087 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted July 21, 2010 - 04:06 PM

Hmmmm No! Lamar is too key for our championship run.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#6 Good D Betta O

Good D Betta O

Rookie

• 20 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 21, 2010 - 04:07 PM

We already have Blake and FIsher. Unless the trade involves Blake (Kobe will never let Fish go) I don't see us giving up a big as part of a deal.
Posted Image

#7 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted July 21, 2010 - 04:08 PM

We already have Blake and FIsher. Unless the trade involves Blake (Kobe will never let Fish go) I don't see us giving up a big as part of a deal.

Nothing wrong with having 3-5 PG's, especially 2 off the bench.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#8 Lemon

Lemon

Rookie

• 361 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 21, 2010 - 04:09 PM

I'd give them Blake, Odom, and fillers ( Sasha, luke, picks, etc.) for him. Gotta keep Bynum tho for the lobs. Probably even resign Shannon Brown too for the oop show.

#9 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 21, 2010 - 04:13 PM

I'd give them Blake, Odom, and fillers ( Sasha, luke, picks, etc.) for him. Gotta keep Bynum tho for the lobs. Probably even resign Shannon Brown too for the oop show.

can't trade Blake for the first 3 months of his 1st year of his deal I think.

But yea like someone said we got Fisher back and just signed Blake, whats going to happen with them then

Edited by MDI, July 21, 2010 - 04:16 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#10 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted July 21, 2010 - 04:16 PM

why would they accept that over Portlands offer?

Batum-Andre Miller-Przybilla-Bayless+

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#11 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted July 21, 2010 - 04:22 PM

Pass on it. If we weren't running the Tri I would do it, no need to shake up this team unless a injury or something happens...

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#12 Lemon

Lemon

Rookie

• 361 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 21, 2010 - 04:26 PM

why would they accept that over Portlands offer?

Batum-Andre Miller-Przybilla-Bayless+

Well they shouldn't. And if Bynum is the dealbreaker, then you don't do it for reasons that Fido already said. Length is our biggest advantage. It's going to be even more important against the new Miami.

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted July 21, 2010 - 04:28 PM

Bynum/Odom for Okafor/Paul

I think I would do that. But not for paul straight up.

#14 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 21, 2010 - 04:36 PM

So Chris becomes a free agent in summer of 2013 but he can opt out of his deal and become a free agent in summer 2012. He's currently earning $15mil.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#15 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted July 21, 2010 - 04:39 PM

Bynum/Odom for Okafor/Paul

I think I would do that. But not for paul straight up.

That trade scenario is brilliant. Oh, wait...New Orleans isn't brain dead enough to do it. An unproven, not to mention injury-prone big man and an inconsistent forward in exchange for the franchise player? Seriously? :rolleyes:

Reconstructing a championship team is the dumbest thing any GM could do. Don't dream and fantasize about something you don't NEED and instead appreciate what you HAVE. Without Chris Paul this team has made it to the Finals 3 years in a row ands walked away with the trophy twice out of those three times. Why make such a crucial move and disrupt a winning roster for a player we don't need? Is the gamble really necessary? Be for real.

Edited by Murs, July 21, 2010 - 04:40 PM.

Basketball Reasons...

#16 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 21, 2010 - 04:46 PM

I wouldn't do Lamar and Bynum for Paul however...

I would do Bynum and Sasha + future 1st rounder for Paul though.

New York just got Felton, pretty sure they wouldn't want to give up on the expirement so early and New Orleans only would want Amare from New York therefore any deal going between those two is mighty to slip

Orlando has Jameer Nelson to offer but Darren Collison can replicate Nelson's production at a fraction of a price for 3 more years. They would want a big up front

We have Bynum to offer. NO is a struggling franchise $$ wise, so they probably won't take on an aging Odom who's owned $17,000 for 2 more years. However Bynum is an interesting asset to acquire. He is locked up long term and he's young (again im seeing it from NO's eyes) and you get a draft pick to top it off

But this brings up the question, is the relationship between Paul and their FO unrepairable? something media claimed between Kobe and our front office? And also since Chris doesn't have a no trade clause, will New Orleans really listen to Chris' demands and send him to those three teams or would they look elsewhere for a trade partner?

Edited by MDI, July 21, 2010 - 04:47 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#17 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 21, 2010 - 04:49 PM

Eric Pincus' thoughts

sure the math works on Okafor/Paul for Bynum/Odom/Sasha - but the Lakers rip apart a 2-time ring team? I'd find that a stretch

http://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/19118740609

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#18 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,667 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 21, 2010 - 05:11 PM

Sign and trade Bynum, and Shannon for Paul

#19 revgen

revgen

Rookie

• 969 posts

Posted July 21, 2010 - 05:12 PM

When Phil leaves after next season, are we still running the tri?

That's the million-dollar question. If we say bye-bye to the tri, we're going to have to get a PG to start for us. And I'm not talking about Steve Blake or Derek Fisher.

#20 tress9

tress9

Rookie

• 556 posts
  • Name:Tress
  • Fan Since:90's
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted July 21, 2010 - 05:15 PM

So the Miami 3 and CP are now all represented by the same newly formed agency???
Posted Image
Brothas Gonna Work It Out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users