LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2010 - 10:05 PM

POPULAR

Thank you guys. This certainly hasn't been easy, at all.

I suppose I owe everyone an explanation so here we go.

After about 7 years, I am ready to put this down on this level. Not stopping, but an expansion; I'm going to attempt to move up both in creativity and scale. Trying different endeavors. The truth is I have cared about videos and doing "this" - whatever "this" is - for years with full passion, attention and dedication. I have met some of the most unbelievable people and had many opportunities I am forever grateful for. From Lakers fans to videos to TLN to everything else, I am deeply appreciative.

I've watched "mixmaking" grow since 2002 - seriously before the days of yotube - and have had several people tell me my work has inspired them. That to me will never quite sink in simply because I feel like I've not accomplished anything at all, really. I have been very appreciative of the talent God gave me and have done my best to continue to grow, educate myself, and keep producing vids. However, I'm ready to expand whether that be marketing, sports or film itself.

Compressing highlights from every single game has always been time consuming, but damn well worth all the work. I've put a lot of this stuff in front of my personal life, with intense passion, even, and am ready to switch my focus over to something larger. People that have known me since day one have been texting and calling me asking me not to stop simply because they don't believe I will. However, I have made the tough decision to stop making these videos and really take my visions to new horizons.

There are so many people to thank. I've tried so hard to respond to every email, text, tweet and I truly am grateful. From the best of times, to the lowest, and even the hardest, it's been quite a ride. Many people including family have always questioned why I do this for no money when the truth is - I've always cared about delivering something special for the fans.

I have no opportunity I'm ready to transition to, immediately, and I'm certainly not officially apart of the NBA or any organization. It's always been my dream, however. I came close, and I'm appreciative, but not satisfied. I am ready to pursue this endeavor and many others. When Lawrence Tanner wrote to the Lakers organization, he followed his passion, hard work and dedication. The rest is history. I feel the same confidence about my videos.

I wish I could share some news of potentially contributing to a organization/company, but instead, this is a chance for me to clear my head, graduate college in three weeks and be ready to pursue my dreams. I thank every single person for their love and support over the years; it's overwhelming really. You guys will always remain in my heart, corny as it sounds, and be the engine for my passion.

If I could simply put it one way it would be this - what Chick Hearn was to the "ear" of the fans, I want to be to the "eye" of the fans. This isn't the end to me, but rather a beginning.

Thank you.
- Chris

#2 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted July 15, 2010 - 10:14 PM

You'll always be the best Chris. Hope you accomplish what you want
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,855 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 15, 2010 - 10:50 PM

Good work Chris. I don't really know you, but I've been following your videos for years. At the end of the day, you're right, this is just a new beginning for you.

#4 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted July 15, 2010 - 11:05 PM

Good work Chris. I don't really know you, but I've been following your videos for years. At the end of the day, you're right, this is just a new beginning for you.

Posted Image

#5 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,659 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted July 15, 2010 - 11:10 PM

I've been watching your videos since 2001 back in those Lakersground.net days. Your work is great. You are the best at this. *Chants* Thank you, Chris! Thank you, Chris! Thank you, Chris! Thank you, Chris! Thank you, Chris!

#6 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted July 15, 2010 - 11:57 PM

Thank you Chris!

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#7 Rubynator

Rubynator

Best closer in the game

• 2,608 posts
  • Fan Since:5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic,West,Bynum

Posted July 16, 2010 - 12:02 AM

Can I quote you on that one Chris? Thanks for the memories
QUOTE "I was just letting the shots fly. You know, I don't leave any bullets in the chamber." - Kobe Bryant

Posted Image

what Chick Hearn was to the "ear" of the fans, I want to be to the "eye" of the fans

-LD2K aka Chris

#8 mikel24242

mikel24242

Rookie

• 1,390 posts
  • Name:mikel
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 16, 2010 - 02:16 AM

:rock: do your thang man. shoot for the moon, and if you dont make it, you will still land amoungst the stars.
"As far as me hitting a wall, so what if I did? I didn't, but so what if i did." - Kobe
what does it mean if you did?
"It means nothing" -Kobe
because...?....
"Cause, ill run strait through it" -Kobe

#9 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,691 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 16, 2010 - 03:03 AM

Best of luck with all your future endeavours. We will always be waiting for your return :)
Posted Image

#10 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,009 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted July 16, 2010 - 04:45 AM

Thanks Chris.

Don't forget the little people.
:clap2:

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#11 GlockFotay

GlockFotay

Don't you wish your boyfriend is as HOT like me?

• 742 posts
  • Fan Since:The GW Forum days.
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted July 16, 2010 - 04:55 AM

Can you post your vids? I haven't seen any and want see what all the hype is all about.

Posted Image

Yes, I need to update this banner...Let's go Lakers!!!

#12 242LakerFan

242LakerFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name:Graham Thordarson
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted July 16, 2010 - 05:48 AM

Chris, in the two years I've been a member of TheLakerNation, it's been a thrill to watch your videos. Even the anticipation of a new one coming out was exciting. Looking back at your older ones, there is a clear progression, a maturation process, a refinement of skill and techniques that is very impressive. I will miss your particular contribution to my fan-life, but I wish you the best in whatever direction you take from here.
The only thing I fear is that you become a big shot video producer and we admire your work on some network or the other and not realize that it's yours. Please keep us up to date on what you're doing.
We'll still see you on the blog, so it's not goodbye.
Much love and good luck!

#13 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,691 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 16, 2010 - 06:22 AM

Can you post your vids? I haven't seen any and want see what all the hype is all about.

:laughing:
Posted Image

#14 kb24fan89

kb24fan89

Rookie

• 1,342 posts
  • Name:Samantha
  • Fan Since:'96

Posted July 16, 2010 - 06:44 AM

Thanks, Chris, for everything. Best of luck to you, not that you need it, you'll do great :rock: :rock:

Edited by kb24fan89, July 16, 2010 - 06:46 AM.

#15 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted July 16, 2010 - 08:36 AM

Thank you guys. This certainly hasn't been easy, at all.

I suppose I owe everyone an explanation so here we go.

After about 7 years, I am ready to put this down on this level. Not stopping, but an expansion; I'm going to attempt to move up both in creativity and scale. Trying different endeavors. The truth is I have cared about videos and doing "this" - whatever "this" is - for years with full passion, attention and dedication. I have met some of the most unbelievable people and had many opportunities I am forever grateful for. From Lakers fans to videos to TLN to everything else, I am deeply appreciative.

I've watched "mixmaking" grow since 2002 - seriously before the days of yotube - and have had several people tell me my work has inspired them. That to me will never quite sink in simply because I feel like I've not accomplished anything at all, really. I have been very appreciative of the talent God gave me and have done my best to continue to grow, educate myself, and keep producing vids. However, I'm ready to expand whether that be marketing, sports or film itself.

Compressing highlights from every single game has always been time consuming, but damn well worth all the work. I've put a lot of this stuff in front of my personal life, with intense passion, even, and am ready to switch my focus over to something larger. People that have known me since day one have been texting and calling me asking me not to stop simply because they don't believe I will. However, I have made the tough decision to stop making these videos and really take my visions to new horizons.

There are so many people to thank. I've tried so hard to respond to every email, text, tweet and I truly am grateful. From the best of times, to the lowest, and even the hardest, it's been quite a ride. Many people including family have always questioned why I do this for no money when the truth is - I've always cared about delivering something special for the fans.

I have no opportunity I'm ready to transition to, immediately, and I'm certainly not officially apart of the NBA or any organization. It's always been my dream, however. I came close, and I'm appreciative, but not satisfied. I am ready to pursue this endeavor and many others. When Lawrence Tanner wrote to the Lakers organization, he followed his passion, hard work and dedication. The rest is history. I feel the same confidence about my videos.

I wish I could share some news of potentially contributing to a organization/company, but instead, this is a chance for me to clear my head, graduate college in three weeks and be ready to pursue my dreams. I thank every single person for their love and support over the years; it's overwhelming really. You guys will always remain in my heart, corny as it sounds, and be the engine for my passion.

If I could simply put it one way it would be this - what Chick Hearn was to the "ear" of the fans, I want to be to the "eye" of the fans. This isn't the end to me, but rather a beginning.

Thank you.
- Chris

You always were like Chick to my eyes dude, I even said it in your other post. I know you will reach your goals, no need to hope
because I just know you can do it man!

#16 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,534 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted July 16, 2010 - 09:34 AM

Thank you so much & good luck Chris. Laker fans were so lucky to have you as a fellow fan who made great contributions.

2hf753r.jpg

#17 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,810 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 16, 2010 - 10:10 AM

Thanks Chris...I will go have a good cry now and pretend I'm grieving the loss of a family member because in a way, it sorta feels that way.

I respect your decision and I pray that everything you wish to accomplish comes to you quickly and easily and that your success becomes the stuff legends are made of.

We are proud of you no matter what decision you make and know that you will always have a place first and foremost in our Laker Family...

Thanks again,

Chris

#18 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted July 16, 2010 - 10:18 AM

Youre absolutely right bro. Youre far too good and you need to be known for this. I wanna see you in the credits of a Blockbuste movie bro! Let's Go this is a huge start man, good luck Chris!!

Edited by RayRay, July 16, 2010 - 10:23 AM.

only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#19 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,243 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted July 16, 2010 - 12:55 PM

Thank you

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#20 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted July 16, 2010 - 04:41 PM

Thank you guys, I appreciate all the warm sentiments.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users