• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Shane Bien

Shane Bien

The Decision Maker

• 303 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Deuce-Quad

Posted July 14, 2010 - 10:46 AM

He is probably just retiring LD2K, and will return as Chris Manning.

I can't imagine this is the LAST video... and I've known Chris for years.

Whatever you decide, thanks amigo
Posted Image

#22 GlockFotay

GlockFotay

Don't you wish your boyfriend is as HOT like me?

• 742 posts
  • Fan Since:The GW Forum days.
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted July 14, 2010 - 10:49 AM

Who?

Posted Image

Yes, I need to update this banner...Let's go Lakers!!!

#23 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,809 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 14, 2010 - 12:04 PM

good luck with the next venture :beers:

Posted Image

#24 Mikey on TLN

Mikey on TLN

Rookie

• 114 posts

Posted July 15, 2010 - 09:02 AM

this is depressing.. but whos jd2k? and ld2k? is there a difference, connection??? cuz i always watch for these highlights

and id be crushed if its gone. first it was lallousse remember him
My Facebook : Click
Posted Image
How could you not fall in love with her...

#25 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted July 15, 2010 - 09:18 AM

I don't think I've ever seen a video of Chris' that wasn't absolutely incredible. Thanks for all the Lakers videos. :beers:

Bleeding purple & gold...

#26 ML21

ML21

Laker Fanatic est 8/15/1990

• 278 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Birth 1990
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie Jones,Shaq,Kobe,D-Fish

Posted July 15, 2010 - 09:24 AM

Good luck man in the future. I loved watching your vids.
Posted Image

#27 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted July 15, 2010 - 09:32 AM

Good luck man in the future. I loved watching your vids.

Posted Image

#28 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,352 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted July 15, 2010 - 09:41 AM

Thanks for everything, Chris :) Best mixmaker on the Internet ! Good luck in the future, the whole Laker fam is behind you, man :rock:

#29 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 15, 2010 - 10:06 AM

[start childish tantrum] What happened? Why did he retire? Did he get an official gig with the Lakers?

Chris! Bring your butt in here and explain this!!!!! There is NO WAY we can go thru a whole season without your VIDS!!!!!!

I'm simply not having it!!!!!! [/end childish tantrum]

#30 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted July 15, 2010 - 05:24 PM

He retired like Jay Z with the Black Album, Eminem with Encore, Michael Jordan with 3 rings.

#31 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted July 15, 2010 - 09:51 PM

Thank you guys. This certainly hasn't been easy, at all.

I suppose I owe everyone an explanation so here we go.

After about 7 years, I am ready to put this down on this level. Not stopping, but an expansion; I'm going to attempt to move up both in creativity and scale. Trying different endeavors. The truth is I have cared about videos and doing "this" - whatever "this" is - for years with full passion, attention and dedication. I have met some of the most unbelievable people and had many opportunities I am forever grateful for. From Lakers fans to videos to TLN to everything else, I am deeply appreciative.

I've watched "mixmaking" grow since 2002 - seriously before the days of yotube - and have had several people tell me my work has inspired them. That to me will never quite sink in simply because I feel like I've not accomplished anything at all, really. I have been very appreciative of the talent God gave me and have done my best to continue to grow, educate myself, and keep producing vids. However, I'm ready to expand whether that be marketing, sports or film itself.

Compressing highlights from every single game has always been time consuming, but damn well worth all the work. I've put a lot of this stuff in front of my personal life, with intense passion, even, and am ready to switch my focus over to something larger. People that have known me since day one have been texting and calling me asking me not to stop simply because they don't believe I will. However, I have made the tough decision to stop making these videos and really take my visions to new horizons.

There are so many people to thank. I've tried so hard to respond to every email, text, tweet and I truly am grateful. From the best of times, to the lowest, and even the hardest, it's been quite a ride. Many people including family have always questioned why I do this for no money when the truth is - I've always cared about delivering something special for the fans.

I have no opportunity I'm ready to transition to, immediately, and I'm certainly not officially apart of the NBA or any organization. It's always been my dream, however. I came close, and I'm appreciative, but not satisfied. I am ready to pursue this endeavor and many others. When Lawrence Tanner wrote to the Lakers organization, he followed his passion, hard work and dedication. The rest is history. I feel the same confidence about my videos.

I wish I could share some news of potentially contributing to a organization/company, but instead, this is a chance for me to clear my head, graduate college in three weeks and be ready to pursue my dreams. I thank every single person for their love and support over the years; it's overwhelming really. You guys will always remain in my heart, corny as it sounds, and be the engine for my passion.

If I could simply put it one way it would be this - what Chick Hearn was to the "ear" of the fans, I want to be to the "eye" of the fans. This isn't the end to me, but rather a beginning.

Thank you.
- Chris

#32 ML21

ML21

Laker Fanatic est 8/15/1990

• 278 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Birth 1990
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie Jones,Shaq,Kobe,D-Fish

Posted July 15, 2010 - 09:55 PM

Hey I loved your videos and I hope you get a job in the NBA..Lakers at that. Someone has to look at your vids and say "We could use you" The vids are epic as hell
Posted Image

#33 GlockFotay

GlockFotay

Don't you wish your boyfriend is as HOT like me?

• 742 posts
  • Fan Since:The GW Forum days.
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted July 16, 2010 - 04:53 AM

Can you provide a link of all your vids? I haven't seen any.

Thank you guys. This certainly hasn't been easy, at all.

I suppose I owe everyone an explanation so here we go.

After about 7 years, I am ready to put this down on this level. Not stopping, but an expansion; I'm going to attempt to move up both in creativity and scale. Trying different endeavors. The truth is I have cared about videos and doing "this" - whatever "this" is - for years with full passion, attention and dedication. I have met some of the most unbelievable people and had many opportunities I am forever grateful for. From Lakers fans to videos to TLN to everything else, I am deeply appreciative.

I've watched "mixmaking" grow since 2002 - seriously before the days of yotube - and have had several people tell me my work has inspired them. That to me will never quite sink in simply because I feel like I've not accomplished anything at all, really. I have been very appreciative of the talent God gave me and have done my best to continue to grow, educate myself, and keep producing vids. However, I'm ready to expand whether that be marketing, sports or film itself.

Compressing highlights from every single game has always been time consuming, but damn well worth all the work. I've put a lot of this stuff in front of my personal life, with intense passion, even, and am ready to switch my focus over to something larger. People that have known me since day one have been texting and calling me asking me not to stop simply because they don't believe I will. However, I have made the tough decision to stop making these videos and really take my visions to new horizons.

There are so many people to thank. I've tried so hard to respond to every email, text, tweet and I truly am grateful. From the best of times, to the lowest, and even the hardest, it's been quite a ride. Many people including family have always questioned why I do this for no money when the truth is - I've always cared about delivering something special for the fans.

I have no opportunity I'm ready to transition to, immediately, and I'm certainly not officially apart of the NBA or any organization. It's always been my dream, however. I came close, and I'm appreciative, but not satisfied. I am ready to pursue this endeavor and many others. When Lawrence Tanner wrote to the Lakers organization, he followed his passion, hard work and dedication. The rest is history. I feel the same confidence about my videos.

I wish I could share some news of potentially contributing to a organization/company, but instead, this is a chance for me to clear my head, graduate college in three weeks and be ready to pursue my dreams. I thank every single person for their love and support over the years; it's overwhelming really. You guys will always remain in my heart, corny as it sounds, and be the engine for my passion.

If I could simply put it one way it would be this - what Chick Hearn was to the "ear" of the fans, I want to be to the "eye" of the fans. This isn't the end to me, but rather a beginning.

Thank you.
- Chris

Posted Image

Yes, I need to update this banner...Let's go Lakers!!!

#34 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted July 16, 2010 - 10:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/ld2k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users