• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#41 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted January 19, 2011 - 08:47 PM

My thoughts exactly. Nothing against Anne Hathaway at all, love her to bits. But I can't hide my disappointment. I was expecting someone talented who isn't mainstream and had instant sex appeal, *cough Eva Green. However, I trust no one more than Nolan. No way he lets this trilogy end in crap.

well, Nolan always goes dark and i think Hathaway can play and act dark. Like in the movie rachel getting married. That was something.

#42 Riot

Riot

Trojan

• 5,201 posts
  • Fan Since:'95

Posted January 19, 2011 - 09:20 PM

she's an ok actress. You want "instant sex appeal"? Biel is the way to go.

lol, Biel's masculine self is not sexy nor would her muscles look good in a catsuit. "Ok actress" is such an overstatement. You sort of need talent to be in movie like this, not what YOU consider to be sex appeal.
:whistle:

#43 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,177 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 19, 2011 - 09:24 PM

lol, Biel's masculine self is not sexy nor would her muscles look good in a catsuit. "Ok actress" is such an overstatement. You sort of need talent to be in movie like this, not what YOU consider to be sex appeal.
:whistle:

masculine? Jessica Biel is ALL WOMAN.

Considering the way men feel about Biel, this has little to do with ME.

This is batman. not gonna need oscar winning performances

Pau Gasol is GONE

#44 Riot

Riot

Trojan

• 5,201 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 09:31 PM

masculine? Jessica Biel is ALL WOMAN.

Considering the way men feel about Biel, this has little to do with ME.

Christopher Nolan and Heath Ledger both disagree. After the last movie, anything less than spectacular would be a huge disappointment. No, Biel isn't all woman. She started cute and now she looks like Justin TImberlake's younger brother. More men have turned the cheek to better looking and more talented actresses which is why directors stopped casting her.

The direction Nolan took with this franchise and his interpretation of Batman isn't like the crappyass Superman and Spiderman movies. It's more than just a cool movie to watch on the weekend. Expectations are high. That's the difference and clearly you can't see it.

#45 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,175 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted January 19, 2011 - 09:35 PM

The Dark Knight was The Best Picture of 2008 IMHO. It was 'The Godfather 2' of the '00s

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#46 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,177 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 09:50 PM

Christopher Nolan and Heath Ledger both disagree. After the last movie, anything less than spectacular would be a huge disappointment. No, Biel isn't all woman. She started cute and now she looks like Justin TImberlake's younger brother. More men have turned the cheek to better looking and more talented actresses which is why directors stopped casting her.

The direction Nolan took with this franchise and his interpretation of Batman isn't like the crappyass Superman and Spiderman movies. It's more than just a cool movie to watch on the weekend. Expectations are high. That's the difference and clearly you can't see it.

Which is why the movie is called Batman. If you think you're gonna get another performance like Heath Ledger's...you can keep dreaming. The Dark Knight stands alone but that doesn't mean the next installment can't be good with someone you deem as essentially unworthy.

And yes, Biel is ALL WOMAN that appeals to men of varying backgrounds. Take my word as a man on this. Face and body are on point.

Last time I checked, Spiderman did pretty well at the box office and parts 1 and 2 are very good movies. Of course batman shouldn't be like him...that's not his style nor his persona at all. I don't know why you're jumping to assumptions about what I can and cannot see. :rolleyes:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#47 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 19, 2011 - 10:31 PM

Catwoman? OK. Who else? :hmm:

I think Anne will do great.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#48 Riot

Riot

Trojan

• 5,201 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 10:51 PM

Which is why the movie is called Batman. If you think you're gonna get another performance like Heath Ledger's...you can keep dreaming. The Dark Knight stands alone but that doesn't mean the next installment can't be good with someone you deem as essentially unworthy.

And yes, Biel is ALL WOMAN that appeals to men of varying backgrounds. Take my word as a man on this. Face and body are on point.

Last time I checked, Spiderman did pretty well at the box office and parts 1 and 2 are very good movies. Of course batman shouldn't be like him...that's not his style nor his persona at all. I don't know why you're jumping to assumptions about what I can and cannot see. :rolleyes:

Yeah, last time I checked, after the 3rd installment of Spider Man, they canceled parts 4-6. Matter of fact, they had to start from scratch coz of how crap the 3rd was, something this Batman crew is trying to avoid.
:rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, have you watched any other Nolan movies other than TDK? Probably explains the lack of anticipation on your part. He's not another director. His actors give him nothing less of great performances and LOLOLOLOLOLOL so hard if you think Jessica Biel would be able to bring that. The actors Nolan can use in his movies are very limited because of how much depth Hollywood lacks. Educate yourself about his movies then come back to me and tell me the rest of world is expecting too much.

PS-Catwoman should be sexy, period. Not just to your taste.

#49 Sako32

Sako32

LIKE A ROLLING STONE

• 1,217 posts
  • Name:Sako
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, & Bynum

Posted January 20, 2011 - 01:16 AM

I've never liked Jessica Biel. She's always reminded me of a guy, i mean listen to her voice.

Posted Image

#50 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted January 20, 2011 - 01:38 AM

Posted Image isn't sex appeal?! You got some hiiiiiiigh expectations then. :giggle:
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#51 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,175 posts

Posted January 20, 2011 - 06:27 AM

I've never liked Jessica Biel. She's always reminded me of a guy, i mean listen to her voice.

She ain't no guy...!
Posted Image

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#52 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,858 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 20, 2011 - 06:36 AM

if this is masculine to you guys, well then damn i must be turning gay

Posted Image

edit*

but anne hathaway ain't no slouch herself

Posted Image
Posted Image

oh my, i would not mind either of them in a tight leather catsuit

Edited by androsays, January 20, 2011 - 06:45 AM.

2div

#53 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,177 posts

Posted January 20, 2011 - 06:38 AM

Yeah, last time I checked, after the 3rd installment of Spider Man, they canceled parts 4-6. Matter of fact, they had to start from scratch coz of how crap the 3rd was, something this Batman crew is trying to avoid.
:rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, have you watched any other Nolan movies other than TDK? Probably explains the lack of anticipation on your part. He's not another director. His actors give him nothing less of great performances and LOLOLOLOLOLOL so hard if you think Jessica Biel would be able to bring that. The actors Nolan can use in his movies are very limited because of how much depth Hollywood lacks. Educate yourself about his movies then come back to me and tell me the rest of world is expecting too much.

As a whole, the "Spiderman MOVIES" (as you say) are a success. Yes, part 3 was [expletive] but the other two were very good.

You're making Nolan out to be some sort of elitist who can only work with the best of the best actors/actresses.

Don't be presumptuous about what I know with regards to Nolan.

I'm sure Biel can do a better job than what Katie Holmes did in Batman Begins.

PS-Jessica Biel is sexy, PERIOD. Not just to MY taste.

Edited by Windu, January 20, 2011 - 06:39 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#54 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,809 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 20, 2011 - 06:43 AM

i think she'll be able to pull it off, along w/ the sex appeal

Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 Riot

Riot

Trojan

• 5,201 posts

Posted January 20, 2011 - 12:16 PM

You're making Nolan out to be some sort of elitist who can only work with the best of the best actors/actresses.

Don't be presumptuous about what I know with regards to Nolan.

And.....you didn't answer my question. Honestly, have you seen any other Nolan movies? Inception, The Prestige, Memento?

It's not about elitism. His movies have a certain feel to it that requires particular actors with depth. As Mikel already said, his movies are dark, and even though he's an action-making director, it's not about the explosions or corny script writing. I'm going to be presumptuous because you have yet to directly answer my questions about Nolan.

I'm going to give Anne Hathaway the benefit of the doubt even though she wasn't someone in my top 3 choices. This girl can act, without a doubt. I can't seem to picture Mia Thermopolis as being sexy no matter how naked she gets. Here's to my grain of salt.

Edited by Riot, January 20, 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#56 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,175 posts

Posted January 20, 2011 - 01:10 PM

It's funny but Shakespeare's wife was named Anne Hathaway. Being English, I wonder if Nolan knows that

#57 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,087 posts

Posted January 20, 2011 - 01:26 PM

Dont see how Jessica Biel is masculine or watever honestly.. even she would do a fine job at being catwoman also. As for Anne's sex appeal.. well they don't call this acting for nothing lol. Some people bring out the best in them and all through acting anyway like they should be so let's hope she does fine with this role.

#58 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,177 posts

Posted January 20, 2011 - 03:06 PM

And.....you didn't answer my question. Honestly, have you seen any other Nolan movies? Inception, The Prestige, Memento?

It's not about elitism. His movies have a certain feel to it that requires particular actors with depth. As Mikel already said, his movies are dark, and even though he's an action-making director, it's not about the explosions or corny script writing. I'm going to be presumptuous because you have yet to directly answer my questions about Nolan.

I'm going to give Anne Hathaway the benefit of the doubt even though she wasn't someone in my top 3 choices. This girl can act, without a doubt. I can't seem to picture Mia Thermopolis as being sexy no matter how naked she gets. Here's to my grain of salt.

You were presumptuous before I had a chance to answer your question..."probably explains your lack of anticipation..."

But yes, I've seen Inception, Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight.

Truth be told, Anne Hathaway doesn't play in the kind of movies I enjoy watching.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#59 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,175 posts

Posted January 20, 2011 - 03:55 PM

Truth be told, Anne Hathaway doesn't play in the kind of movies I enjoy watching.

Netflix Havoc. I'm mad cuz somebody jacked my DVD!
Posted Image

#60 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 20, 2011 - 09:30 PM

Netflix Havoc. I'm mad cuz somebody jacked my DVD!
Posted Image

"We are totally [expletive]in' bored" :nervous: :laughing:

She looked hot in that one. :rock:

See Tom Hardy is playing Bane. Confirmed. Hope he breaks Bale's back. :omg:

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users