Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,221 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted December 06, 2012 - 06:00 PM

Graham Nolan: Bane's Dad
Posted Image

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#463 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,598 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 27, 2012 - 02:18 PM

My opinion has changed. TDKR is probably one of the G.M.O.A.T. I don't know why I didn't like it much in the theaters. Maybe I was sick then or something. But damn the bluray is awesome. Wtf I must been trip pen though. I don't remember the part in the football stadium at all. Maybe I was getting popcorn or taking a leak or getting brain????. But damn. Definetly the best of all comic book movies thus far. Can someone please explain the in flight blood transfusion to the scientist on the hanging plane though? Was that to frame his death or something?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#464 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,537 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 02:54 PM

My opinion has changed. TDKR is probably one of the G.M.O.A.T. I don't know why I didn't like it much in the theaters. Maybe I was sick then or something. But damn the bluray is awesome. Wtf I must been trip pen though. I don't remember the part in the football stadium at all. Maybe I was getting popcorn or taking a leak or getting brain????. But damn. Definetly the best of all comic book movies thus far. Can someone please explain the in flight blood transfusion to the scientist on the hanging plane though? Was that to frame his death or something?

Yes the blood was to make it look like the scientist died
Posted Image

#465 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,221 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 01:48 PM

'Dark Knight Rises': MTV's #1 Movie of 2012

Even in a huge year at the movies, nothing compared to Christopher Nolan's Batman conclusion.

By Kevin P. Sullivan (@KPSull) Posted Image
Posted Image

It's easy at the end of the year to shower praise on the awards bait, the heart-wrenching stories about triumphs of the human spirit, and become cynical toward the movies that held everyone's attention six months earlier. "Those are just blockbusters." "It's all about the entertainment." "They don't have to be smart." In the midst of the important films of the season, we can be quick to cast off any affection we had for what came earlier in the year. One of the films that suffered most from that bitter hindsight was "The Dark Knight Rises."

Throughout the press cycle of "The Dark Knight Rises," Christopher Nolan maintained that he took each of his Batman movies on as individual efforts, not letting any hypothetical future for the franchise obscure his vision, but "The Dark Knight Rises" leads us to believe otherwise. What Nolan and his cast delivered after four years was the conclusion of a trilogy. Symmetrical yet unexpected, "The Dark Knight Trilogy" plays like a smartly planned and expertly executed three-act epic.
When thinking back on all of the films of 2012 — which incidentally ended up being a great year for movies — nothing could compare to the scale and the ambition of "The Dark Knight Rises." "The Avengers" comes to mind as a suitable comparison, but the structure of Marvel's universe was built upon a much different endgame. Each installment of "The Dark Knight Trilogy" explored a new piece of the Bruce Wayne puzzle without giving us a final answer to what all of the crime-fighting meant to the man. Each Marvel movie focused on telling a self-contained story that could set up each hero for the predestined team-up. Nolan's films examined different aspects of Batman's and Bruce Wayne's existence on a march to an ultimate conclusion, his legacy.
If you think about it long enough, you can pick any movie apart, find faults in every scene, character motivation, or line of dialogue to fill a dozen "Honest Trailers." That kind of scrutiny, while valid, can squeeze every ounce of fun out of a big, ambitious film (See: "Prometheus"), but when generations look back on Nolan's Batman, they won't remember snarky tweets or parody videos. They'll only have an epic retelling of one of our greatest heroes.

est Movies Of 2012

Edited by Mr Terrific, December 28, 2012 - 01:50 PM.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#466 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 394 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted December 30, 2012 - 06:36 PM

Two questions about Nolan's Batman:

1) In Batman Begins, Falcone tells Crane that he owns all the muscle in Gotham. So I assume he's the top mob boss. In TDK different mafias are running organized crime. Is it assumed that Falcone was the mob boss of them all or did Nolan forget who runs crime in the city?

2) LoS wanted to destroy Gotham to restore balance and remove corruption. How is turning it over to criminals restoring balance?

Maybe I'm looking too much into the storyline, but the inconsistency has always stood out to me.

#467 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,650 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted December 30, 2012 - 07:43 PM

1. Falcone WAS the boss, he ended up crazy because of crane, so others took the pieces that were left.

2. Bane did that to extinguish all kind of hope of the people, talia was planning to trigger the bomb anyway
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#468 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted December 30, 2012 - 09:05 PM

1) In Batman Begins, Falcone tells Crane that he owns all the muscle in Gotham. So I assume he's the top mob boss. In TDK different mafias are running organized crime. Is it assumed that Falcone was the mob boss of them all or did Nolan forget who runs crime in the city?

2) LoS wanted to destroy Gotham to restore balance and remove corruption. How is turning it over to criminals restoring balance?

Maybe I'm looking too much into the storyline, but the inconsistency has always stood out to me.

1. During the trial of Maroni, there's a reference there that with Falcone out, someone has to take over the mob which is why Maroni is being tried.
2. Technically LoS was obsolete on TDKR after the first movie. But let's say they aren't, LoS is just using the criminals as tools because in the end, they would have Nuked Gotham anyway

#469 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,221 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:31 AM

#470 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 394 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:34 AM

1. During the trial of Maroni, there's a reference there that with Falcone out, someone has to take over the mob which is why Maroni is being tried.
2. Technically LoS was obsolete on TDKR after the first movie. But let's say they aren't, LoS is just using the criminals as tools because in the end, they would have Nuked Gotham anyway

#1 makes sense. I'll have to watch TDK again. As for #2, what was the LoS' plan in BB — Let everybody live in fear while the criminals roam free?

#471 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,650 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted January 01, 2013 - 12:39 PM

End hope, bane explains his plan to batman while he is in the prison
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#472 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted January 01, 2013 - 06:47 PM

#1 makes sense. I'll have to watch TDK again. As for #2, what was the LoS' plan in BB — Let everybody live in fear while the criminals roam free?

The last part, Bane simply wanted to Gotham to tear itself to the ground. As a reference to Joker, guns are too quick, you can't savor all of the emotions. In Bane's ideology, he just wants people to suffer slowly in Gotham before wiping it from the face of the earth.

#473 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 394 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 06:18 PM

I meant in BB, not TDKR. After the city is overwhelmed by the toxin, what is LoS' next step?

#474 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,221 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 09:54 PM

I meant in BB, not TDKR. After the city is overwhelmed by the toxin, what is LoS' next step?

R'as explains it to Bruce Wayne when he sets his mansion on fire

#475 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,598 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted January 30, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Just saw on ET that Christian Bale auditioned and was turned down for the role of Robin in 1995's Batman Forever.
If Bale won the part over Chris O'donell he would never had been the DK???
Posted Image

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

• 40,604 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 11:42 PM

^ Interesting info, who would've thunk that?

yo.

#477 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,598 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 04:24 AM

^ Interesting info, who would've thunk that?

right. back then Bale was probably all depressed and discouraged because he wanted "the big role of Robin" so bad....lol.
Batman Forever sucked....lol It may had ruined his career.

Edited by LakersGAFan, January 31, 2013 - 04:29 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#478 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,221 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 08:04 AM

right. back then Bale was probably all depressed and discouraged because he wanted "the big role of Robin" so bad....lol.
Batman Forever sucked....lol It may had ruined his career.

It ruined the director's career

#479 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,437 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:31 PM

Batman forever wasn't half as bad as batman and robin.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#480 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,537 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:33 PM

Batman forever wasn't half as bad as batman and robin.

Batman and robin may be the worst movie ever filmed so ya, forever is not as bad
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users