Photo

Iphone 4 Question (Iphone 4 users needed)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,279 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 11, 2010 - 11:50 AM

if anyone has it already, is it true if you put a cover on the iphone 4, the reception problem goes away?

because my mom, brother, and I are all looking to get new phones, and we are still debating between the iphone 4, htc evo, droid x, and nexus one. by far our favorite is the iphone 4, but the only problem is the loss of reception.

the droid x is the 2nd choice, but like the other android phones, the screen is dull and not vibrant and appealing like the iphone 4. We have personally saw all the phones except the htc evo, which we are checking out today, but not really interested in it, as the screen falls off.

So if anyone here has the iphone 4, can you please tell me your experience with the reception problem?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Image

#2 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts
  • Fan Since:Nah
  • Fav. Laker:Kobun

Posted July 11, 2010 - 11:59 AM

Just get the EVO.
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#3 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,169 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted July 11, 2010 - 12:29 PM

the reception issue (from what i read) does not happen to everyone. it only happens when you hold the corner for a long time. but from what people are saying, when they are actually talking to someone they do not get dropped calls and that the lost of reception only happens when you are actually trying to make it lose reception.

the other issue is the proximity senors (the thing that makes your phone screen go off when you put near your ear when you are calling someone. the phone is pressing random buttons for some odd reason.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#4 source24

source24

Self Proclaimed Genius

• 450 posts
  • Name:Call me Smurf.
  • Fan Since:I saw Kobe's Windmill dunk back in 1997.
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 11, 2010 - 12:53 PM

dun worry about it, the update will be out soon...

Posted Image

I piss excellence: check me out @source24 or http://source24.tumblr.com on Tumblr angelmaker666 on deviantart, or maybe even on Youtube.
Someday, I will have nothing to lose. I cannot wait.

#5 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted July 11, 2010 - 01:56 PM

dun worry about it, the update will be out soon...

But that update doesnt plan on fixing the issue.

iPhone software fix won't solve reception issues

Given Apple's carefully worded statement from July 2, we weren't expecting that the coming software update would fix the ongoing reception issues with the iPhone 4's antenna. So it wasn't surprising that an Apple Care representative confirmed that belief this afternoon.
Posted Image
During our call, the Apple Care rep said the update would address only how bars are displayed in the signal meter on the handset's screen. As he put it, it would fix a problem where more bars are mistakenly shown when users are in areas with poor AT&T reception. As for the other problems of audio cut-outs and slower data speeds that we've experienced with the handset, the Apple Care rep could offer no promises. So for now that leaves us with the advice that Apple has already offered: either use a bumper or don't touch the iPhone's antenna near the gap on the lower left side.
Gizmodo first reported earlier today that Apple Care confirmed no immediate reception fix.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20010062-233.html

Edited by TheLakersHighlights, July 11, 2010 - 01:57 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,234 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted July 11, 2010 - 04:45 PM

Get a Palm Pre Plus or Palm Pixi Plus

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#7 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,856 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 11, 2010 - 10:07 PM

any case that covers the sides will fix the reception problem

2div

#8 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,279 posts

Posted July 12, 2010 - 10:55 AM

any case that covers the sides will fix the reception problem

how come that works? because isnt the problem, that your hand is covering the side? so doesn't the cover permanently cover the sides?

Posted Image

Edited by CookieMOO24, July 12, 2010 - 10:55 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Dr.PhilUpOnU

Dr.PhilUpOnU

Starter

• 4,284 posts
  • Name:Dale
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 Trevor Ariza

Posted July 12, 2010 - 11:35 AM

Get a Palm Pre Plus or Palm Pixi Plus

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Posted Image

#10 androsays

androsays

• 4,856 posts

Posted July 12, 2010 - 01:26 PM

how come that works? because isnt the problem, that your hand is covering the side? so doesn't the cover permanently cover the sides?

Posted Image

when you cover those indents where the antenna meet with your hand, it [expletive]s up the reception

but when its covered by a silicone case, metal bumpers, anything other than flesh really, the problem is solved. i've even seen people use those live strong bands to cover it

2div

#11 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,279 posts

Posted July 12, 2010 - 01:58 PM

oh, alright, thanks!

Posted Image

#12 androsays

androsays

• 4,856 posts

Posted July 13, 2010 - 01:09 AM

no prob! you planning on getting one?

i just ordered mine online this saturday, i was due for an upgrade anyway...

i can't wait to get it!

2div

#13 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,169 posts

Posted July 13, 2010 - 11:17 AM

yeah, getting mine aroudn the end of aug hopefully :rock:

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#14 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,279 posts

Posted July 13, 2010 - 11:26 AM

yeah. i was gonna get it on sunday. they actually had exactly three left, and my family needs three. so we told them to reserve it till tomorrow. so thankfully we can get it. my mom wanted the iphone, my bro wanted the iphone, i wanted the droid x, but now if i agree with them, its iphone.

Posted Image

#15 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,169 posts

Posted July 13, 2010 - 11:40 AM

r u sure you want the droid X? heard that the droid OS is a POS. app store has crap. but its up to you

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#16 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts
  • Fan Since:Nah
  • Fav. Laker:Kobun

Posted July 13, 2010 - 11:44 AM

r u sure you want the droid X? heard that the droid OS is a POS. app store has crap. but its up to you

Really cause I heard that the iPhone OS is mediocre and the Android OS is amazing.
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#17 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,169 posts

Posted July 13, 2010 - 11:56 AM

Really cause I heard that the iPhone OS is mediocre and the Android OS is amazing.

Posted Image

Hall writes
"In the last few months some users of Verizon Wireless HTC Eris phone models have encountered what's being called the 'silent call bug' with their phones. What has happened since the update to Android 2.1 is that some phones get dead silence (can't hear the person they call nor can the other end hear you). The only solution is to reboot the phone, though the problem will re-appear after some time. VZW tech support for a while was simply swapping out Eris phones in hopes that the replacement didn't have the same issue. Too many were, though, and now some users have been told they're not swapping anymore. A couple of days ago, a user witnessed a car accident and was unable to call 911. Well, at least not until after rebooting the phone."

http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/10/07/11/1714240/The-Verizon-Wireless-HTC-Eris-Silent-Call-Bug

Android 2.x simply can not compete with iOS 4.

No matter how you put it, Android simply can't compete with iOS. I've owned the Droid and EVO. And now that I compare them with the iPhone 4, I would never go back to Android 2.x.

Heres why:

- Poor UI
The interface is unpolished and feels "dated". Compared with iOS, the iOS offers a smooth and rich interface. iOS is polished and seems more higher quality.

- Apps suck
Most of the apps on the Android store were either incompatible with the phone you had, or they didn't work at all. And they all looked like crap. The apps seemed slapped together. Sure their are a lot more free apps, but most of them were crap.

- Widgets are cool, but don't work most of the time.
Widgets are cool, but they drain the hell out of the battery. And the ones that are available for download either don't work or cause crashes.

- Hardware, which one to choose?
I know iPhones have their share of problems, but most of the newer Android have a ton more problems. Example: EVO had the bottom part of the glass come off, dust gets in easy in the upper left hand corner, top half of the screen unresponsive unless you hold the phone and battery life that is so poor, you could probably count that as an issue. Also most Android manufactures are simply pumping and dumping out Android devices every few months. No wonder Android has yet to see a real iPhone 4 competitor. EVO was close, but no cigar. Maybe the Droid X, but we'll know for sure soon.

iOS 4 wins this war, but the next war will be with Android 3.x.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=962977

not going to post in this type of thing. i'd say competition is good, better for us consumers.

/end of rant

Edited by vong, July 13, 2010 - 11:57 AM.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#18 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted July 13, 2010 - 03:25 PM

I have the Nexus One and I love it. Does everything I need it to do.

#19 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,279 posts

Posted July 13, 2010 - 04:28 PM

HOLY [expletive]ING PIECE OF GOOSE CRAP.

WE JUST SAW THE HTC EVO 4g AND IT WAS [expletive]ING BOSS.

the only thing is that the screen cant compare with the iphone 4g, which is the case with all the other phones on the market.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users