Photo

Knowing who gave a +rep to you

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Knowing who gave a +rep to you (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to know who gave a +1 rep to you?

1. Yes (6 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. No (5 votes [35.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

3. Voted Maybe (3 votes [21.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted July 07, 2010 - 06:28 AM

I was wondering if we can see who gave a +1 to our posts? I wanted to probably give the same rep back or show appreciation to those who like what you posted. Is this something that can be done?

Edited by Hero, July 26, 2010 - 07:37 AM.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#2 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 07, 2010 - 07:40 AM

I don't think that's possible, I'm sure RD will clarify.
You should just be happy you got a +1, it wouldn't make sense to swap +1 back and forwards just because you've been given one.
Posted Image

#3 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts
  • Fan Since:Nah
  • Fav. Laker:Kobun

Posted July 07, 2010 - 07:57 AM

Will suck [expletive] for rep.
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#4 Hero

Hero

• 2,579 posts

Posted July 07, 2010 - 07:58 AM

I don't think that's possible, I'm sure RD will clarify.
You should just be happy you got a +1, it wouldn't make sense to swap +1 back and forwards just because you've been given one.

Not really to swap reps, but just see who gave it to you. I just probably would like to leave a message of thanks and create new friends or something to that extent.

spupissuelo.gif

#5 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,313 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted July 07, 2010 - 09:31 AM

Not really that anxious about wanting to know who exactly +1'ed me, but it would be interesting to know. 

#6 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted July 07, 2010 - 09:41 AM

I think it'd be a lot better just knowing which post was +1. I post pretty often so instead of clicking each thread I posted in to see who gave me rep points, I'd like to be able to see a list of it in our settings.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#7 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted July 07, 2010 - 09:53 AM

I think it'd be a lot better just knowing which post was +1. I post pretty often so instead of clicking each thread I posted in to see who gave me rep points, I'd like to be able to see a list of it in our settings.

I've been wanting the same thing for a while now. I was actually just searching through threads to see which of mine were repped.

Posted Image

#8 Hero

Hero

• 2,579 posts

Posted July 07, 2010 - 10:06 AM

I've been wanting the same thing for a while now. I was actually just searching through threads to see which of mine were repped.

I agree, because guys like BeeZee and Bynumite are both heavy contributors to TLN and at some point you notice that your rep points drastically increase, without knowing which post was actually given a +1. This is also a good way to contribute more and provide more insights on the situation/thread/topic at hand. Other people may also be awaiting a reply from your end, but then the topic just slips away to the bottom of each of the forums here on TLN.

Aside from that, I like to look at the awesomeness of my posts from time to time too. :D

spupissuelo.gif

#9 Deltron

Deltron

Rookie

• 549 posts
  • Fan Since:The Beginning
  • Fav. Laker:The Team

Posted July 23, 2010 - 10:55 PM

Would be tight to know.

I dig the +1 system though. Probably helps posters be more insightful alot of the time...try to atleast.

“I told Luke, you’re young, you’re rich, and you’re living in Beverly Hills. If you’re not having the time of your life right now, I have failed you as a father.” - Bill Walton

#10 Guest_Rico Suave_*

Guest_Rico Suave_*

Posted July 23, 2010 - 11:04 PM

Why have the system when you can just call it out? I know I do so most of the time, lol. I might be about the only one however, lol.

#11 Deltron

Deltron

Rookie

• 549 posts

Posted July 23, 2010 - 11:06 PM

Why have the system when you can just call it out? I know I do so most of the time, lol. I might be about the only one however, lol.

It's easy to click +1...

“I told Luke, you’re young, you’re rich, and you’re living in Beverly Hills. If you’re not having the time of your life right now, I have failed you as a father.” - Bill Walton

#12 Guest_Rico Suave_*

Guest_Rico Suave_*

Posted July 23, 2010 - 11:09 PM

^ That's not what I meant. I meant it's easy to know WHO gave you the +1 if that person says so themself every time or almost every time, like I do, but I realize we don't all think the same and that's fine I guess. Just my style.

#13 Deltron

Deltron

Rookie

• 549 posts

Posted July 23, 2010 - 11:10 PM

^ That's not what I meant. I meant it's easy to know WHO gave you the +1 if that person says so themself every time or almost every time, like I do, but I realize we don't all think the same and that's fine I guess. Just my style.

Ohhh my bad.

That's why you're Rico Suave.

#14 Guest_Rico Suave_*

Guest_Rico Suave_*

Posted July 23, 2010 - 11:11 PM

Lol

#15 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts
  • Fan Since:Nah
  • Fav. Laker:Kobun

Posted July 23, 2010 - 11:23 PM

We should just have a full-out rep bar system so I can run around like this

Posted Image
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#16 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted July 24, 2010 - 07:32 AM

It will be available (among other things) in the next board update.

#17 Guest_Rico Suave_*

Guest_Rico Suave_*

Posted July 24, 2010 - 02:35 PM

^ Which is (when)??? Around???

#18 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted July 24, 2010 - 02:50 PM

^ Which is (when)??? Around???

No idea. I'm not sure if I'm going to be the one designing the skin or what, but the skin will have to be re-created, for sure.

And I could just re-create it based on what we have now, but the blog changed drastically, so that makes things a bit more complicated as well.

I consider the forums mine, but I base everything on the blog, since it came first and because it's the actual website.

#19 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,653 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 24, 2010 - 06:43 PM

for the record, i'm not sure that i'm a fan of people being able to know who +1ed them (other than the person saying it in the thread if they wish). it would just contribute to more +1s just because someone gave them a +1 and kind of water down the whole thing. at the same time, its just a "rep" on a board, so it doesn't really matter if its "watered down" to begin with..

i do like the idea of being able to find out which of your posts was +1ed though

Posted Image

#20 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted July 24, 2010 - 07:25 PM

for the record, i'm not sure that i'm a fan of people being able to know who +1ed them (other than the person saying it in the thread if they wish). it would just contribute to more +1s just because someone gave them a +1 and kind of water down the whole thing. at the same time, its just a "rep" on a board, so it doesn't really matter if its "watered down" to begin with..

i do like the idea of being able to find out which of your posts was +1ed though

Yeah. Besides, most of the time than not, the poster who gave you the rep, says "+1".

I just like the idea of knowing what posts were repped, like many do on here. Real Deal, honestly, it sounds like a lot of trouble. Maybe create a poll to see if its a good idea?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users