27 replies to this topic

#21 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,670 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 25, 2008 - 10:18 AM

define 'unfair'. All-star is about who is the most popular player. The NBA is a business, and if Yue would bring more viewers, and thus more money into the game, it's completely fair. Why did Yao in his rookie season start over Shaq? Was it fair? No. But did it make economic sense? Yes.

This isn't NCAA or the Olympics. The goal of the NBA is profit.

I could care less if it makes economic sense or not lakerfool, I am just stating it's unfair, nothing else, that's my opinion.
Posted Image

#22 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted September 25, 2008 - 04:20 PM

I could care less if it makes economic sense or not lakerfool, I am just stating it's unfair, nothing else, that's my opinion.

It's perfectly fair though. Even to those who get snubbed. If it generates more money into the league, and players garner more sponsorships and exposure in another nation, increasing their marketing value, it's a completely fair deal.

Guys like Shane Battier who would have no deals here has a shoe deal in China. Imagine Battier getting a deal here...I'm waiting...you can't.

So it is completely fair especially that the All-star game is meant to be a popularity contest.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#23 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted September 25, 2008 - 05:44 PM

Another reason to be so excited about the upcoming season, can't wait to see Sun playing on the court in a Lakers jersey.

I know for real. :unsure: And no one expects Sun Yue to have an impact anyway. He's a luxury to have and I'm happy we have him on the Lakers. :o

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#24 lindenbourg

lindenbourg

Rookie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 02, 2008 - 03:37 PM

I wish Sun Yue is actually talented, unlike the Jonas Brothers -____-

#25 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts

Posted October 02, 2008 - 06:46 PM

The All-Star game should be about the most talented and best players in the game. That's the only real definition of what fair would be. But some people have twisted the definition of what fair really is. If a player is popular but sucks, that's not entertaining to watch. If a player is popular and is a ball-hog, that's not popular to watch because the likelihood is the guy will get shut down while everyone else jacks around on the court.

If people want to watch celebrities or a popularity contest, go watch the ESPY's.

Shaq should've started over Yao because he was flat-out better than Yao, and even for those people whose definition of fair is putting popularity over legit skill, Shaq was more popular and more dominant than Yao.

Edited by ReaListik, October 02, 2008 - 06:46 PM.

"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#26 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted October 02, 2008 - 06:49 PM

The All-Star game should be about the most talented and best players in the game. That's the only real definition of what fair would be. But some people have twisted the definition of what fair really is. If a player is popular but sucks, that's not entertaining to watch. If a player is popular and is a ball-hog, that's not popular to watch because the likelihood is the guy will get shut down while everyone else jacks around on the court.

If people want to watch celebrities or a popularity contest, go watch the ESPY's.

Shaq should've started over Yao because he was flat-out better than Yao, and even for those people whose definition of fair is putting popularity over legit skill, Shaq was more popular and more dominant than Yao.

I like Yao though. :rock:

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#27 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts

Posted October 02, 2008 - 06:56 PM

I like Yao though. :rock:

Absolutely. I like Yao and consider him a better person than Shaq.
"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#28 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted October 02, 2008 - 06:59 PM

Absolutely. I like Yao and consider him a better person than Shaq.

Yeh it probably was a stretch that he started over Shaq especially in his rookie year. But Shaq will always be a fan favorite as well.

Posted Image
Team Farmar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users