Thanx 4 Letting CL Jump In.

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#141 nbafan

nbafan

Rookie

• 43 posts

Posted August 08, 2010 - 05:48 PM

I got banned from CL for my postings in favor of Women and Gay Rights.
My emails requesting an explination on why I was banned, went unanswered.

Thankfully, I was told about this site by members on CL, which appears to be much better maintained and well run.
Needless to say, i am not too concerned about the plight of CL, although, it is unfortunate for the members who must suffer through the failures of the higher ups.

No that wasn't why you were ban not even close. You were banned b/c you made a racist topic about islam..and overall were detracting from CL.

#142 G21

G21

Rookie

• 65 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 21, 2010 - 04:20 AM

CL Servers are not very good. The Christmas day game will be a good test for this site.
Posted Image

#143 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 21, 2010 - 09:20 AM

CL Servers are not very good. The Christmas day game will be a good test for this site.

We've been down and out in the past, but not recently. We ran through the 2010 Finals without trouble, if I recall correctly.

Basically, once the site shows a need for extra memory to support the number of users we have online at once, it's added ASAP. We don't like being down any longer than a few hours. :)

#144 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,315 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted December 21, 2010 - 09:54 AM

We've been down and out in the past, but not recently. We ran through the 2010 Finals without trouble, if I recall correctly.

Basically, once the site shows a need for extra memory to support the number of users we have online at once, it's added ASAP. We don't like being down any longer than a few hours. :)

I remember when the Artest signing happened. TLN was so slooooow.

#145 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 21, 2010 - 09:58 AM

I remember when the Artest signing happened. TLN was so slooooow.

Yeah, there were probably around 1,500 guests online, and that's not counting for the 40-50+ members we had logged in at once throughout the day (200-300 active members total around that time, with tons signing up to talk about the deal).

That was one of those breaking points, and we've had two or three since we put the forums up in 2008. The host added memory to the server, and it may have taken a day to recover, but I do remember it getting better over time. Activity dropped a little, of course, because of the aftermath of the shock and awe...but it wasn't as bad as I initially thought it would be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users