• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#101 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 05, 2010 - 06:54 AM

It's a joke. We have a thread about it and all of us are asking questions and offering donations or whatever is needed to help fix the problem, but the problem gets ignored. There are no responses to the questions of why it's happening and why it's not being fixed quicker. If those with the most power are too busy for the site or simply choose to ignore it, they need to step down and let some1 who cares handle it, period.

#102 _GNC

_GNC

Rookie

• 325 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 05, 2010 - 07:49 AM

It's a joke. We have a thread about it and all of us are asking questions and offering donations or whatever is needed to help fix the problem, but the problem gets ignored. There are no responses to the questions of why it's happening and why it's not being fixed quicker. If those with the most power are too busy for the site or simply choose to ignore it, they need to step down and let some1 who cares handle it, period.

real talk ! and it is a damn shame.
Posted Image

#103 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,036 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 07:50 AM

I'm still considered a new member at CL (i guess lol) so i wouldnt know this but does the site go down like every month or something.. so far it seems that way :unsure:

#104 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 08:39 AM

I'm still considered a new member at CL (i guess lol) so i wouldnt know this but does the site go down like every month or something.. so far it seems that way :unsure:

For the last month or so it's been like this, before that it was generally fine.

I do think it went down when we got Pau due to crazy traffic however.

#105 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted August 05, 2010 - 08:42 AM

Well...I'm sure they would never want me to do it, but I can fix the problem (at least attempt it, although I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong). Because the forums are available every now and then, it seems like it could be an issue with the sessions table, or maybe it has something to do with topic markers, or anything that is specific to the member. I say that because, when some of you say you can't access the site...well, I've been able to as a guest, but only until I return to the main index after viewing a topic. Definitely a problem in the database. If it was the memory, the other club sites would be down.

If they give me access to it, even for 15 minutes, I will look at it and see what I can do. But will that happen? I'd bet against it every time. I don't see a reason why I wouldn't be trusted, because to be honest, if I really wanted to ruin the site, I would just let it sit the way it is. They have backups, so deleting anything would not be worth the time...and this definitely wouldn't be the first time I've helped a site that I really shouldn't involve myself with.

But it's not my decision to make, I guess.

#106 James Worthy

James Worthy

Rookie

• 822 posts
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted August 05, 2010 - 09:16 AM

Real -- do you know how to get in contact with anyone that could allow you to fix it? CL or JSM ? If you do, but don't feel like contacting them, pass me the info and I'll contact them.

Also, if they are just planning to let the site die, how hard would it be for someone to take it over?

#107 _GNC

_GNC

Rookie

• 325 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 05, 2010 - 09:21 AM

i guess the commish doesn't even check his designated email :nah:

guess my email fell on deaf ears.
Posted Image

#108 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 09:50 AM

Real -- do you know how to get in contact with anyone that could allow you to fix it? CL or JSM ? If you do, but don't feel like contacting them, pass me the info and I'll contact them.

Also, if they are just planning to let the site die, how hard would it be for someone to take it over?

JSM probably won't answer me, but I have no idea how to get in contact with him to begin with. CL has an email addy, but I know people are emailing him off the wall and getting nothing in return.

#109 GoldHammish

GoldHammish

Rookie

• 45 posts
  • Name:Marcus
  • Fan Since:Late 90's

Posted August 05, 2010 - 12:13 PM

It'd be a damn shame it they let it die like this.

Especially for me, it would be the second forum I frequent to die in the past two weeks. :cry:

#110 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 01:36 PM

Even though the problems lately are rampant, I'm sure they aren't going to let the site die off.

Not many people realize it, but the actual owner of CL, owns an entire network of sites.

http://www.sculu.com/

I'm pretty sure that's the main hub for all of the sites that they own, ClubLakers was the first site the owner had.

It does seem to only be affecting the actual CL site.

He might not even check the gmail for CL anymore, I think sending an email thru here might help

http://www.sculu.com...t-sculu-sports/

They've got to good a foundation and too many members over there, not to mention being there since 2003 to just let it fade.

#111 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 01:44 PM

^ Yeah....there's no way it is going to, or they're going to let it "die", it's just a matter of neglect from the top.

#112 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 01:49 PM

And to be completely fair, he's so behind the scenes we have no idea what's going on in his personal life and what not. I'm not sure if anyone's been in contact with JSM or even BDG about this either. Seems everytime this happens we ask about it and never get an answer from anyone with knowledge.

I haven't even seen trodgers here or Weezy and they usually mosey on over in times like this.

#113 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 01:55 PM

Moderators won't be able to do anything about the problem, and admins don't necessarily have access to the database. I would THINK there's at least one other person able to get into the hosting control panel and perform the checks and repairs, but I don't even know that.

So, maybe BDG and JSM don't have that access.

#114 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 02:11 PM

Some people are reporting they're able to post from their iPhones, but not from their computers.

I'm not able to post from my PC, haven't tried my iPhone yet though... every time I try to post on my PC it says something about the format being invalid.

#115 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 02:48 PM

It's a cookie issue that's related to the database...just figured it out.

Delete your cookies and you'll be able to visit the forums...but it's only temporary, because once your browser adds the cookie, it crashes YOUR row in the sessions table.

So while others can actually view the site when you can't, some using a different browser (iPhone is Safari, PC could be something different for them), it's not crashing the user session until the cookie is active.

I can fix it if I had that access, but I guess it really doesn't matter who fixes it as long as it's done.

#116 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 03:06 PM

The official talk about another Lakers forum thread

#117 JohnMcCartney

JohnMcCartney

Rookie

• 691 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 05, 2010 - 03:35 PM

The official talk about another Lakers forum thread

that most of the users here used to post on..... :rolleyes:

#118 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 04:14 PM

Not anymore apparently cuz it's always down.

CL is cool, I have a few posts there

#119 Guest_Rico Suave_*

Guest_Rico Suave_*

Posted August 05, 2010 - 04:29 PM

I had a nasty I mean NASTY break-up with CL a few years back now, but before that, definitely tons of precious good times & memories. So although the break-up was NASTY, I still can't deny, it does still hold a special place in my heart. It was my first true Laker forum love site.

#120 nbafan

nbafan

Rookie

• 43 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 06:09 PM

And to be completely fair, he's so behind the scenes we have no idea what's going on in his personal life and what not. I'm not sure if anyone's been in contact with JSM or even BDG about this either. Seems everytime this happens we ask about it and never get an answer from anyone with knowledge.

I haven't even seen trodgers here or Weezy and they usually mosey on over in times like this.

(puts on superman music)

never fear..strikemode is here....

however even I am not sure what is going on right now.

It's a cookie issue that's related to the database...just figured it out.

Delete your cookies and you'll be able to visit the forums...but it's only temporary, because once your browser adds the cookie, it crashes YOUR row in the sessions table.

So while others can actually view the site when you can't, some using a different browser (iPhone is Safari, PC could be something different for them), it's not crashing the user session until the cookie is active.

I can fix it if I had that access, but I guess it really doesn't matter who fixes it as long as it's done.

I deleted my cookies and that only worked for Internet explorer. However I tried to make a post and it wouldn't let me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users