Photo

76ers Leaning Towards Evan Turner, Not Derrick Favors

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,596 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted June 07, 2010 - 03:12 PM

Posted Image

The 76ers have the second pick in this month's NBA Draft and they appear to be leaning towards taking Ohio State's Evan Turner.

Turner is believed by many to be the second-best player in his class, behind Kentucky's John Wall, but ESPN Insider Chad Ford reported at the end of May that Philadelphia might take Derrick Favors instead.

Ford is changing his stance.

"I may have jumped the gun a bit when I put Favors at No. 2 in my latest mock draft," Ford wrote on Monday.

"As I wrote last week, I had sources disagreeing on which direction the Sixers were leaning. Some suggested Favors, others Turner and one said Cousins. However, I decided to lean toward a source who said they had direct knowledge of Doug Collins' thinking and that Collins liked Favors. Since the mock draft I've gotten a number of strong signals from inside the Sixers organization that Turner is the guy they'll take at No. 2."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2ffeatures%2frumors

#2 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted June 07, 2010 - 10:40 PM

WHO?

This year's draft class is probably one of the weakest in a while.

You hear John Wall and then the rest of the names dramatically drop off in comparison and even then John Wall, in my opinion, is a tad overrated. He may be good in the NBA, but for him to be far & away the most intriguing and special player in this draft speaks to just how weak this draft class once again is.

#3 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,749 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 08, 2010 - 01:59 AM

you could say john wall is overrated, but he's a 6'4 legit point guard who's arguably got more hops/quicks then derrick rose.

there's so much potential in this kid

2div

#4 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted June 08, 2010 - 06:16 AM

who's arguably got more hops/quicks then derrick rose.

No.

#5 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,749 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 08, 2010 - 09:45 AM

look at where this guy is jumping from

look at how quickly he gets from half court to the basket

showing off both

saying this guy is explosive is an understatement

2div

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 09, 2010 - 12:04 PM

No.

I watched a lot of Kentucky games this past season and Wall's game is more polished then Rose's was at Memphis. There is something very special about Wall.

#7 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted June 11, 2010 - 12:00 AM

plus the fact that Wall is a friggin role model. I mean he's very marketable no wonder some of the media is hyping him up already. He got talent, but I believe if Turner didn't get injured a couple of times, he's waay ahead of Wall

#8 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,445 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted June 12, 2010 - 08:30 PM

Personally I like Turner, and I really think the Nets would luck out if the Sixers took Favors, it could work out for both teams. Nets could really use a SG and Sixers could use a big man.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#9 Eternal

Eternal

Waiting For The End

• 1,245 posts

Posted June 13, 2010 - 05:52 PM

WHO?

This year's draft class is probably one of the weakest in a while.

You hear John Wall and then the rest of the names dramatically drop off in comparison and even then John Wall, in my opinion, is a tad overrated. He may be good in the NBA, but for him to be far & away the most intriguing and special player in this draft speaks to just how weak this draft class once again is.

Evan Turner is talked about a lot as well. Surprised you never heard of him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users