645 replies to this topic

#101 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts
  • Fan Since:Nah
  • Fav. Laker:Kobun

Posted July 14, 2010 - 08:45 PM

Lil B hanging w/ a fat [expletive] weird lookin' white kid? You don't get HOES like that! SMH

He's actually 34 years old and has a growth-hormone disease that makes him look like a kid.
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#102 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted July 14, 2010 - 08:47 PM

He's actually 34 years old and has a growth-hormone disease that makes him look like a kid.

Ooo :censored: my bad. :laughing: Song was good until he started though

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#103 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted July 14, 2010 - 08:48 PM

Ooo :censored: my bad. :laughing: Song was good until he started though

I actually thought he did better than Lil B on that song. If you can get past his high voice the lyrics were great.
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#104 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted July 19, 2010 - 12:46 PM

R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#105 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted July 19, 2010 - 11:21 PM

When is his mixtape dropping?

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#106 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted July 22, 2010 - 12:48 PM

MTV UK INTERVIEW

He talks about his new mixtape in this one too.

It’s not typical to hear a male rapper refer to himself as a ‘Pretty [expletive]’ or influence others to say, “Hoes on my d**k cuz I look like Jesus.” By coincidence, this interview was scheduled the same day that millions saw Lil’ B get in a minor altercation. What was supposed to be an interview with fans ended in what you can see on YouTube. But the self-proclaimed hip-hop rebel has no problem bouncing back and also speaks on million dollar deals, collaborations with Kid Cudi, Travis Barker and major business with Soulja Boy. Not to mention having artists like Young Jeezy and Gucci Mane doing his dance. Lil’ B is on to something and explains how the ‘Cooking’ craze came about…

The Wrap Up: I was supposed to interview you some time ago. The next day I see you doing a video blog on an altercation that took place, so what exactly happened?

Lil’ B: It was a minor altercation dealing with some haters. But you know everybody has that thing right before they get a little big, someone always tries to come in and do some stuff but you get a chance to learn and it just makes you go harder. Millions of people have seen it, so it is what it is.

TWU: Now that millions have seen it on the internet, how are you handling the situation?

Lil’ B: I’m just moving on and it’s a blessing that I’m alive and I’m in a position to be talking to you and MTV UK, so I’m really not mad. But my guards are up and it just taught me don’t trust anybody. I’m glad that I got woke up, because it just shows that everybody is not good and made me more business wise and more on my game. It’s a small situation and everything happens for a reason, so I forgive, but I won’t forget.

TWU: I hear the calmness in your voice and can tell you’re bouncing back. So what have you been doing since then?

Lil’ B: Really, after that I didn’t record. I really just wanted to get my head right and figure out a few things and just enjoy life. But I just recorded a track called ‘The Pretty [expletive] is Back’ after what happened to me. This track is just letting everyone know I’m back in the game. I also recorded a rare album, produced and composed by me called ‘Roses Exodus’ and it is an album with seven tracks on it and can only be found in a few places like www.basedworld.com.

TWU: Describe a typical day for Lil’ B…

Lil’ B: I’m really picky about what I do in the morning, because that’s when your brain is the most sensitive, so I have to really make sure that whatever I’m doing, I’m feeding something and taking in something positive. I wake up and straight to the computer to listen to music, check out music blogs and watch different artists. I’m just a media sponge taking it all in.

TWU: There are so many artists out of the West Coast, but how do you feel your music differs from others?

Lil’ B: My music is the closest thing to an emotion. A lot of artists just rap or they just kind of write everything. I study the greats. My best songs written are from the heart. It’s more than a voice on a track. Everything to me makes a difference you know? From the quality, to how I record it.

TWU: Everyone knows that you’re a part of the group The Pack, but I see you’re working solo now. Are you still working as a member of The Pack?

Lil’ B: Of course, we have a new album coming out called, ‘Wolfpack Party’. It’s definitely a good album and I’m still rocking with The Pack. I’m just branching out doing my solo thing and making sure that people understand that I’m a force to be reckoned with by myself and the group collectively. We’re all beasts.

TWU: Speaking of groups and others, there’s been a lot of talk about you collaborating with Soulja Boy. How did the hook-up with SOD Money Gang come about?

Lil’ B: I was pretty much dropping videos on WorldStarHipHop. I put out a video called ‘Respect My Mind’ and Soulja Boy quoted one of my lines on Twitter and put my name on it. I was like, ‘Wow that’s big!’ Because I’ve always supported Soulja Boy and what he does and we just talked from there and just been rocking. We have big things coming up in 2010, million-dollar deals.

TWU: You have a lot that you’ve accomplished at such a young age. Your book, ‘Takin’ Over by Imposing the Positive,’ how did that come about?

Lil’ B: It’s me in my purest form. I’m an artist and there are multiple sides of me and I’m forever evolving. As much craziness as I may say, I really show the positive side and how I am off the microphone. So if anything, before I die, people can say I put out something that was true to my heart and real for the people. It’s just my life experiences and making negative situations into positive and just out of love for the people who listen and my love for rapping. This book is only the beginning.

TWU: One of the first things that are very unique about you is your fan base. There are so many MySpace fan pages of your music…

Lil’ B: It’s just dedication, giving the truth and my emotions in my music and being as honest as I can to the people who respect me and it continued to grow. Shouts to Brandon McCartney, he just kept going for him and I started doing more. I think Twitter really exposed it even more. I have155 MySpace pages with five songs minimum each page.

TWU: Before we go any further how did the ‘Cooking’ dance begin?

Lil’ B: The cooking dance really came about from Chopper, he probably doesn’t even know, but he had one video and did this little dance. Dude look like he was doing something so I just did my little version of what he was doing and I just started going crazy with. Respect to Chopper. Its amazing, crazy videos daily of people ‘Cooking,’ it’s fun and great everybody is having fun.

TWU: It’s a must that we talk about the lyrics. How did you feel about the attention you got after the ‘Hoes on my d**k cuz I look like Jesus’ lyric?

Lil’ B: I was pleased with the attention I got. A lot of people were disturbed by me saying that, but I’m a rebel and that’s my role in hip-hop, to get under the people’s skin. Everybody in hip-hop seems like a republican and scared to be different. I’m glad I’m doing what I’m doing because I stick out and nobody in the hip-hop industry has done what I’ve done.

TWU: Tell us about your recent projects ‘I’m Thraxx’ and ‘6Kiss’. They’re a bit different from one another…

Lil’ B: The ‘I’m Thraxx’ was my first mixtape and very real, straight from the heart, same with ‘6Kiss’. They’re both classic mixtapes for anyone who loves artists in their truest form. ‘6Kiss’ was originated by me meaning getting money and women.

TWU: So what do you have coming up next?

Lil’ B: The third instalment I have coming up is ‘The Black Ken’ and then I have one of the best albums to ever come out in hip-hop history. I know that’s a big statement, but it’s produced by me, Based God and executive produced by Dior Pain and it’s called ‘Rain In England’. This album is going to be the most revolutionary and lyrical album to ever come out in hip-hop history. I worked with Travis Barker and Kid Cudi as well. It was cool and my mainstream album will be out this summer.

TWU: Is there anything else you want to tell the fans?

Lil’ B: Shouts to MTV UK and thank you everybody that’s been holding me down, thanks.

Edited by DB30, July 22, 2010 - 12:49 PM.

R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#107 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted July 22, 2010 - 01:26 PM

Lil B is becoming big no joke...

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#108 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted July 22, 2010 - 02:13 PM

This is sick.
http://www.youtube.c...u/0/oIl4p5aXVlY

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#109 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted July 22, 2010 - 05:56 PM

I just started listening to his [expletive] recently...Its makes u watch it for sure
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#110 WZRD

WZRD

The Underachiever

• 1,750 posts
  • Fan Since:mid 90's
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 22, 2010 - 07:15 PM

Just went through his youtube channel, this guy is going pretty hard recently !
:rock:

zombie

#111 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted July 26, 2010 - 09:35 AM

Posted Image
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#112 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted July 26, 2010 - 01:34 PM

LMAO

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#113 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted July 27, 2010 - 07:21 AM

NY Times: "Lil B is the Pied Piper of Rap

Posted Image

“I don’t show my face,” Lil B proclaimed on Saturday night. “Nobody ’bout to see me.”

He said this onstage, in the basement of Santos Party House in Lower Manhattan, with video cameras and smartphones thrust in his face, getting recorded for posterity.

Lil B’s hiding is of the plain-sight variety. During the past year he’s been one of the most visible rappers on the Internet, and also one of the most inscrutable. His mode is flooding: he has a pair of self-released albums (“6 Kiss” and “I’m Thraxx”), more than 100 stand-alone MySpace pages with original music on them, dozens of original videos on his YouTube page, hundreds more fan-made tribute videos, a motivational book (“Takin’ Over”), and, of course, a raucous Twitter feed.

And then there’s his evanescent philosophy, which Lil B calls Based: it means, well, that he can do pretty much anything. He refers to himself as the Based God. So do thousands of fans online, who have elevated him to a folk hero of the rap counterculture.

A couple hundred of them, absolutely rabid to a man (and they were overwhelmingly men), filled the room on Saturday for Lil B’s first solo show in New York, eager to see just how thick the flesh was atop all the wires that make up Lil B.

Talking about being Based, he said in an interview on The Fader magazine’s Web site last year, “I’m at a real honest point with my music right now, because I’m free.” Free to work over the same dozen lines about oral sex, that is, until they emerge gleaming and transcendent. “Rich b**ch,” “The Pretty B**ch Is Back” and variations on that theme: Lil B covered all the bases during this show. The songs are hypnotic and grotesque, heavy with the force of the unconscious, celebrations of morbid triumph.

From a distance, or through the computer, his output can seem like a broad conceptual stunt, but it’s really a thematically thin cesspool. His oeuvre triggers the magnetic sensation of watching someone who can rap reasonably well choose to rap poorly, and waiting to see if that will change. Before this incarnation of his career Lil B had one hit as a member of the Pack. That 2006 song “Vans” arrived in the middle of his set like an alien, a naïf among wolves. It was too crisp. He stuck with it for barely a minute.

He did far better with the absurdist boasts. One of his go-to tactics is rapping about how women love him, he uses a far more bracing, far less printable term for their affection, because he looks like an infinite variety of people. On this night the range was hilarious: Aretha Franklin, Matlock, Jesus.

He tried out a “Based freestyle.” “Recording freestyles every day alone in my home,” he rapped in his trademark croak. “I feel like a blogger.” After that he couldn’t quite come up with a rhyme, or even just a couple of words to close out the thought, so he abandoned it with a laugh. Pretty Based.

Lil B would be more easily dismissible except that he alternates between the most base banality and thoughtful lucidity. “I come from Berkeley,” he said. “I’m just a hippie.” On the dizzying, smoky “I’m God,” he intoned, “Somebody tell the earth I’m the best now/Somebody tell the ocean I’m the best out/Somebody tell the trees I’m here now.”

From the stage he shouted out, “All my hipsters, all my nerds, all my losers, all my rebels.” He called out specific Twitter users by their handles. It is easy to see how he’s become a pied piper of sorts, cultivating his public on a granular level.

And they reward him with fealty. Recently he’s been pushing the slang term “cooking” — even Diddy made a reference to it on his Twitter page and an accompanying dance, and the people in the audience came prepared. One fan wore a T-shirt that read, “Master Chef.” Another wore a droopy chef’s hat. Another waved a spatula in the air. Most of the rest did the cooking dance. Toward the end of the night Lil B invited the crowd to crash the stage, shouting, “We having, like, a 10-man cookout!”

It was fantastic and bizarre, but at least humane. The next day Lil B posted on Twitter: “If you have found or collected rare #video footage of Lil B at a show ... please save that for your life. He will not be here forever. #based.”

R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#114 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 27, 2010 - 12:49 PM

This guy looks like Stephen A. Smith's and KRS One's love child.

#115 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted July 27, 2010 - 01:32 PM

he's bad

really bad

but you have to respect the fact that he can generate so much discussion
Posted Image

#116 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted July 27, 2010 - 05:52 PM

Posted Image
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#117 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted July 30, 2010 - 06:46 PM

MTV: Lil B is taking the internet by storm

Posted Image

Hip-Hop has always been filled with eccentric, over-the-top personalities. Acts like ODB, Kanye West and even Lil Wayne have drawn plenty of "oohs" and "ahhs" with their rhymes, but they've also raised a few eyebrows with their antics. But when it comes to unique personalities, rapper Lil B is certainly making a name for himself.

A member of the Berkeley, California, group the Pack, Lil B has emerged as a force all his own. He's amassed quite a following, written a book titled "Takin' Over" and recently performed a sold-out show at Santos Party House in New York City. The self-proclaimed "based god" has released hundreds of songs and videos (for his "based" freestyles and songs) in hopes of getting people together.

"Well, based really is being yourself, being positive, not really worrying too much about what people think about you. Really saying what comes to your mind first," Lil B told Mixtape Daily. "It's like unconscious. Really not premeditating, saying, 'Imma do this, I'mma say this, I'mma be this way,' but really just going with the flow."

Lil B (real name Brendan McCartney) described his based style as free-association freestyles, in which he, yes, says the first thing that comes to mind. He said he's recorded about 1,000 freestyles over the last year and started to become one with himself as a result of all that studio time.

"I really started seeing and respecting all these different artists and really get a chance to venture out of just rap," he said. "That really changed me and now, I say ... like collective music I have, last time I checked on my iTunes, I have about 1,500 songs, including freestyles. I probably have about 800 freestyles right now."

Social-networking sites have really helped B to spread his music. He said he was late getting onto Twitter, but since he's joined, he's grown as an artist and more people are watching.

"I made about 155 MySpace pages. I really hold the world record for that. It was crazy. I have seven songs each page, so five songs the minimum, so that's times 155. That's when I started and I was really doing it for one supporter. There was one guy. He was on there like 'Man, I love your songs.' I was like, as long as one person's listening to me and one person cares about me, I'm going to keep going."

But B also explained that although he's evolving personally, keeping a higher profile with sites like Twitter has also left him open to be judged.

"A lot of people were shocked. A lot of people have mixed emotions," he said of the growing response to him. "A lot of people were happy about it for change, me being an honest [person]. A lot of people were happy with the honesty."

B said he is currently working on a mainstream album titled Rain in England to be produced and composed solely by him. He also claimed it will be the "best hip-hop album to come out in rap history." Given how off-kilter his material is, B is humbled by the fact that so many people have gravitated to it.

"Like I said, I started doing it originally for one person. Just one person respecting it, and I just kept going. I'm very humble and I'm very appreciative of everybody that respects what I'm doing. I take pride in really being a true artist, loving music and really being more honest than ever and creating emotions."

R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#118 WZRD

WZRD

The Underachiever

• 1,750 posts
  • Fan Since:mid 90's
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 30, 2010 - 07:01 PM

"Rain In England coming soon man, got the new album coming soon, dropping mixtapes on you [expletive]as brah."

Yeahhh, Lil B. :rock:

zombie

#119 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted August 01, 2010 - 11:20 AM

New video!

R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#120 FLOCKA