Spanish Sub-Forum

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted July 27, 2008 - 12:28 PM

We could have a LakersNation En Espanol, something similar to the idea CL implemented:

http://www.clublaker...espaol-f42.html

http://www.clublaker...pen-t88931.html

I think it's a GREAT idea. You know there will be a continuing influx of spanish members, plus there are already a lot of Spanish speaking members on the site. Lots of Spanish visitors would be quicker to register if they saw a Spanish speaking sub forum or something to that effect.

Hágalo Mitch!

& believe me, I already know several members who contribute to the Spanish forum there, & can send the message over in the appropriate way for them to come here. I'm almost 100% sure they'll love it more here as well. Everything about this site is sooo much better. The layout, easier functionality, way more options, just sweet.

#2 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,323 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 27, 2008 - 12:29 PM

If we see more feedback from this thread, will discuss it.

#3 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted July 27, 2008 - 12:33 PM

Nugget, Do you speak Spanish?

#4 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,323 posts

Posted July 27, 2008 - 12:34 PM

Nugget, Do you speak Spanish?

Yeah, I just can't write/type it well.

#5 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted July 27, 2008 - 12:37 PM

Yeah, I just can't write/type it well.

Word.

Are you Mexican? :)

#6 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted July 27, 2008 - 12:39 PM

This is pretty much a no brainer in my opinion, honestly. Just look at how good the CL version has been going. They weren't sure about it as well for a long time like there's some uncertainty here, finally one day, they pulled the trigger & it worked out nicely.

& again, like I said earlier, honestly.. I can already bring in more than several folks from over there & probably convert em' to here. Most people who are coming over here are already saying this place is better than CL in a lot of ways, but most importantly, much more fun & comfortable to use.

#7 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,323 posts

Posted July 27, 2008 - 12:40 PM

Word.

Are you Mexican? :)

Salvi.

#8 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,323 posts

Posted July 27, 2008 - 12:42 PM

This is pretty much a no brainer in my opinion, honestly. Just look at how good the CL version has been going. They weren't sure about it as well for a long time like there's some uncertainty here, finally one day, they pulled the trigger & it worked out nicely.

& again, like I said earlier, honestly.. I can already bring in more than several folks from over there & probably convert em' to here. Most people who are coming over here are already saying this place is better than CL in a lot of ways, but most importantly, much more fun & comfortable to use.

Oh, I agree with you. Thing is, they already have a Spanish speakin' fancore in Clublakers. As of now, we've only been open for a few days. Let's build on more members who can give us feedback on this and will discuss it...

#9 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted July 27, 2008 - 01:02 PM

I had a great idea on CL for the Spanish forum, but certain people didn't listen to me. When the forum first started... I recruited at least 150-200 new members from a grizzlies forum and a big Spanish basketball forum. Most of the members left because the staff decided to over moderate the forum like the rest of CL.

I could bring some of those members here...

Instead of just having a Spanish forum. We would have a global forum since we have a lot of Laker fans from all over the world. We should have a Tagalog forum, Spanish forum, Chinese forum, ect...

Check out the stats...

Posted Image

#10 D1ZzY24

D1ZzY24

ΣΛΒ

• 370 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Black Mamba

Posted July 27, 2008 - 02:44 PM

I agree with Chicano. I think this would be a good idea. :)

#11 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 28, 2008 - 04:17 AM

I agree with Nissan....goooooooood idea.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#12 Shane Bien

Shane Bien

The Decision Maker

• 303 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Deuce-Quad

Posted July 28, 2008 - 11:48 AM

I had a great idea on CL for the Spanish forum, but certain people didn't listen to me. When the forum first started... I recruited at least 150-200 new members from a grizzlies forum and a big Spanish basketball forum. Most of the members left because the staff decided to over moderate the forum like the rest of CL.

Instead of just having a Spanish forum. We would have a global forum since we have a lot of Laker fans from all over the world. We should have a Tagalog forum, Spanish forum, Chinese forum, ect...

Check out the stats...

Posted Image

I like Nissan's idea... The more options for people to talk Lakers, the better.

Once the forums build up a bit, I think it should be implemented
Posted Image

#13 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,589 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 29, 2008 - 01:42 PM

IT would be good to have a global zone, I suppose it should have a moderator that spoke the language in each one.

But a Spanish zone will be totally necessary, it is in the top 3 of word spoken languages and there is a lot of good basketbal fans that speak it, I am sure. But It will come with time, I agre.
Posted Image

#14 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted July 29, 2008 - 02:48 PM

MODS or whoever in power, PLEASE can you just make the Spanish forum already? Believe me, the people will be there FAST! They just have to see that there's one already actually there to believe it. Please..
I know a crapload of people who will go.. I guarantee it.. Nissan does too..

& netlord could bring a bunch of his buddies as well..

PLEASE ASAP.. we don't HAVE to wait..it'll take off fast already believe me. Trust me.

#15 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted July 30, 2008 - 12:16 AM

MODS or whoever in power, PLEASE can you just make the Spanish forum already? Believe me, the people will be there FAST! They just have to see that there's one already actually there to believe it. Please..
I know a crapload of people who will go.. I guarantee it.. Nissan does too..

& netlord could bring a bunch of his buddies as well..

PLEASE ASAP.. we don't HAVE to wait..it'll take off fast already believe me. Trust me.

The staff is already talking about it. :machine:

#16 extreme

extreme

Going to the extreme!

• 204 posts
  • Name:Massimo
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher, Kobe

Posted July 30, 2008 - 10:56 PM

Check out the stats...

Posted Image

Nice to see those stats, what are the stats for Belgium -_-

#17 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,589 posts

Posted July 31, 2008 - 01:31 AM

I have started some spanish recluting myself in CL. Let's see if we can add more members.

Already got 2 spanish members registered http://lakernation.c...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.gif

Edited by netlord, July 31, 2008 - 07:20 AM.

Posted Image

#18 LoLo

LoLo

Rookie

• 1,366 posts

Posted July 31, 2008 - 11:38 AM

Hi all!

This is a very comfortable forum but... where is the Spanish section?

Salud.

#19 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,589 posts

Posted July 31, 2008 - 12:08 PM

Hi all!

This is a very comfortable forum but... where is the Spanish section?

Salud.

Putololo? Are you the lolo i think? :lol:

I hope there is the Spanish section, but I am fine with things taken slowly, page has been recently created and I suppose when things are working well with the server and everything is running at 100% it can be opened.
Posted Image

#20 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted July 31, 2008 - 01:06 PM

^ Yeah, good point netlord, but still, the sooner the better, the Spanish members are just DYING to come over here already.. this place is so much better.

i gurantee a ton will come, just give us the green light already.

Edited by Chicano, July 31, 2008 - 01:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users