#21 BowlOfSardines

BowlOfSardines

Rookie

• Pip
  • 159 posts
  • Fan Since:2010
  • Fav. Laker:rick fox

Posted April 22, 2010 - 02:49 PM

I never got into the game. Now is a good time to do that I guess. What system is mvc2 on?

Arcade, Dreamcast, VMU, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Network, Xbox, Xbox Live Arcade

#22 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,578 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 22, 2010 - 02:57 PM

yea, originally arcade and dreamcast...thats when i was good at it. 56 playable characters once you unlock them all. 3 v 3 fighting.

Posted Image

#23 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts
  • Fan Since:Nah
  • Fav. Laker:Kobun

Posted April 22, 2010 - 03:07 PM

The characters on the PSN and X-Boc Live versions come unlocked default.

And yeah I'm beyond hype right now for this game.

Hopefully they release an arcade stick bundle for the game too. I'm ready to pre-order and buy a bundle for each system. That's about $400+, but Capcom deserves this money. This game is the second coming of Christ.
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#24 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted April 22, 2010 - 03:12 PM

yea, originally arcade and dreamcast...thats when i was good at it. 56 playable characters once you unlock them all. 3 v 3 fighting.

LOL that bolded part is pretty funny because I was reading an article today saying that there were only 13 playable characters in the game. Meaning that there were a total of 13 characters [and the big 4 of Magneto, Storm, Cable, and Sentinel] that were so unbelievably better than all of the others. The game was far from balanced, but the imbalance of the characters is really what made the game so damn successful. The mechanical advantages those 13 characters had (air-dashes being the main factor), revolutionized it's gameplay. I really hope they don't nerf any characters, since the exploits some characters have is what made the game amazing.

Edited by DB30, April 22, 2010 - 03:13 PM.

R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#25 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted April 22, 2010 - 07:26 PM

Trailer Analysis:

R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#26 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted April 22, 2010 - 08:21 PM

So far roughly 16 characters (including silhouettes) have been shown so far.

None of them look like:

Sentinel
Cable
Storm
Psylocke
Tron Bonne

Psylocke and Tron Bonne unfortunately might not return, but I'm really worried about Sentinel and Cable. They said Storm was confirmed in the article in the OP, and I'm pretty sure she'll be in it despite not being revealed yet. But this game just wouldn't be the same without Sentinel and Cable, even though I almost never use them.
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#27 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,578 posts

Posted April 22, 2010 - 08:26 PM

this game would be better without sentinel and cable if you ask me. cheapest characters in the game, i'm down with storm and magneto, because there's a lot more skill and room for error in their combos, (magneto is my favorite character) but too many cheap sentinel cable teams will own anyone not using top tier, and that ruins the whole point of having 56 characters if i can only win online with like 15 of them

Posted Image

#28 vnaju4nvu48

vnaju4nvu48

Rookie

• 229 posts

Posted April 22, 2010 - 08:30 PM

Thank god I got two TE Edition Fightsticks and with all the fighters it is always great to battle people on and offline.

#29 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted April 22, 2010 - 08:35 PM

this game would be better without sentinel and cable if you ask me. cheapest characters in the game, i'm down with storm and magneto, because there's a lot more skill and room for error in their combos, but too many cheap sentinel cable teams will own anyone not using top tier, and that ruins the whole point of having 56 characters if i can only win online with like 15 of them

I've seen people smash Cable/Sentinel teams man. You think using projectiles is cheap? It's space management. Magneto/Storms rushdown is space management too, the difference is Sentinel/Cable aim to maximize space between your opponent and Magneto/Storm (even though Storm can turtle too) aims to minimize it. You can't really say which one is cheaper since they're two separate playing styles. I also hate it when people complain about cheapness in fighters; just do what you need to do to win. And if Sentinel/Cable turtling was that cheap, then why is MSP (Magneto/Storm/Psylocke) more popular than Sentinel or Cable teams in competitive tournaments?

I agree that rushdown takes more skill in the field of execution than turtling, but it would obviously take skill to hold off Magneto coming at you at top speed too. Plus if you've mastered rushdown (which I definitely haven't), then those Cable/Sentinel projectile spammers would be quick work as long as you have the skill to take them out. And last but not least, regardless of the way the characters are played, the game just wouldn't be the same without them. Not to mention the Cable + Deadpool combination wouldbe bad-ass.
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#30 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,578 posts

Posted April 22, 2010 - 08:50 PM

as i said, when i can only (for the most part) win online with 15 or so characters, maybe more, it was just a random statement, but the point was that i can beat those teams, but it forces me to pick the same people over and over when you have someone come in and just try to play keep away with sentinel. i just think it kinda sucks the fun out of it, i'm not talking about tournament play, of course you wanna do whatever you can to win. i'm just used to playing with my friends back in teh day...a few us could play, and never pick teh same character twice and have exciting matches.

as i said, don't get me wrong, i've beaten sentinel or cable teams online with a team like jill, iceman, captain commando (a personal favorite) but that wasn't the point, and i think its easy to say that cable and sentinel are cheaper than magneto or storm, but thats just my opinion of cheap, not saying magneto and storm aren't cheap, just less cheap because its more difficult to do infinity type moves...you can kill an entire character w/ cable by only throwing a hc in the air 3 times, and with sentinel, you know that infinity move w/ the punch, laser, nuetralize super or whatever...cheap...with magneto, to kill a whole character w/ storm or magneto, you gotta connect a pretty difficult combo. the reason you see more magneto in tourneys i would imagine is because the better more skiled players are playing in tourneys, not the cheap ones

Posted Image

#31 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted April 23, 2010 - 03:03 PM

as i said, when i can only (for the most part) win online with 15 or so characters, maybe more, it was just a random statement, but the point was that i can beat those teams, but it forces me to pick the same people over and over when you have someone come in and just try to play keep away with sentinel. i just think it kinda sucks the fun out of it, i'm not talking about tournament play, of course you wanna do whatever you can to win. i'm just used to playing with my friends back in teh day...a few us could play, and never pick teh same character twice and have exciting matches.

as i said, don't get me wrong, i've beaten sentinel or cable teams online with a team like jill, iceman, captain commando (a personal favorite) but that wasn't the point, and i think its easy to say that cable and sentinel are cheaper than magneto or storm, but thats just my opinion of cheap, not saying magneto and storm aren't cheap, just less cheap because its more difficult to do infinity type moves...you can kill an entire character w/ cable by only throwing a hc in the air 3 times, and with sentinel, you know that infinity move w/ the punch, laser, nuetralize super or whatever...cheap...with magneto, to kill a whole character w/ storm or magneto, you gotta connect a pretty difficult combo. the reason you see more magneto in tourneys i would imagine is because the better more skiled players are playing in tourneys, not the cheap ones

I feel you. But all of those big 4 characters have mechanics that made the game extremely deep, which is what led to its success. I understand that only having 13 playable characters is a bit unfair, but they shouldn't nerf Storm, Sentinel, and Cable, since the advantages they had were ridiculously fun to exploit. Maybe they could buff out the rest of the roster to make them semi-competitive with the big 4, but they should definitely keep rushdown, as well as the Air-Hyper Viper Beam and fast fly bullsh*t. It's what made Marvel Mahvel.
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#32 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,066 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 23, 2010 - 03:52 PM

Do any of you play seriously? Like go to tourneys and stuff?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#33 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted April 23, 2010 - 04:28 PM

Do any of you play seriously? Like go to tourneys and stuff?

Nope but I do know a couple of guys who do.
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#34 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,066 posts

Posted April 23, 2010 - 04:31 PM

Nope but I do know a couple of guys who do.

I went to a major tourney in ATL and watched JWong clean house.

Didn't go this year but Justin Wong won the Marvel tourney again.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#35 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted April 23, 2010 - 04:42 PM

I went to a major tourney in ATL and watched JWong clean house.

Didn't go this year but Justin Wong won the Marvel tourney again.

LOL yeah he's a beast.

My fav Marvel player is Yipes though, he does hilarious commentaries.

R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#36 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,012 posts

Posted April 23, 2010 - 04:44 PM

Is it like street fighter iv?

#37 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted April 23, 2010 - 04:46 PM

Is it like street fighter iv?

It's about 3000 times faster and the combo possibilities are almost limitless. Way better than Street Fighter in my opinion. People go APESHIT for this game.
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#38 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,578 posts

Posted April 23, 2010 - 06:04 PM

i don't play in tourneys or anything, i'm only really good on dreamcast, not nearly as good on an arcade machine, and the 360 default controller is terrible for this game. i haven't tried the ps3 one yet, but will probably end up buying the ps3 version soon and hopefully i'll be able to adjust to that controller because i did ok on the 360, but feel i would have won a lot more matches with a dreamcast controller

Posted Image

#39 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,066 posts

Posted April 23, 2010 - 06:29 PM

http://www.finalround.org/

Pau Gasol is GONE

#40 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,739 posts

Posted April 23, 2010 - 06:35 PM

i don't play in tourneys or anything, i'm only really good on dreamcast, not nearly as good on an arcade machine, and the 360 default controller is terrible for this game. i haven't tried the ps3 one yet, but will probably end up buying the ps3 version soon and hopefully i'll be able to adjust to that controller because i did ok on the 360, but feel i would have won a lot more matches with a dreamcast controller

I play on an arcade stick.

I have this one:

Posted Image

And this (which broke today :()

Posted Image
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users