#181 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 02, 2011 - 09:44 AM

for those who don't know, justin wong is considered one of, if not the best fighting game players of all time, he's also known for a huge comeback with only cyclops in MVC2

I watched him win a bunch of games (including tekken 5 DR and MvC2) when I was at Final Round in Atlanta some years ago.

Edited by Windu, March 03, 2012 - 07:54 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#182 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,867 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 16, 2011 - 04:03 PM

http://shoryuken.com...ge-and-nemesis/

dr. strange and nemesis in action...

dr. strange looks nuts

Posted Image

#183 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,867 posts

Posted September 16, 2011 - 06:08 PM

iron fist & vergil in action...only 4 of the 12 new character gameplay reveals left...

http://shoryuken.com/2011/09/14/tgs-2011-vergil/

have gotten pretty good w/ the first marvel 3 now (can't beat the game on very hard, with probably any team not consisting of my 3 worst characters (modok, chris felicia) and can do it on very hard without dying with a lot of other teams. and i'm actually still not even that good...

can't wait to learn the 12 new characters though...i've literally izzed my pants watching gameplay footage of dr. strange and vergil...

does anyone else still play this game??? if not, rent it, and learn it before ultimate comes out, you get a better version (12 more characters bringing the available options to 50, more modes, rebalanced, and de-glitched, and plenty of new background stages amongst other things) of this game that some of us already paid 60 for, for 40...and if you learn it, and get good at it, its seriously the best fighting game ever, and yes, i've also played SSFII and SFIVAE...

the games is a hell of a lot deeper than it looks on the surface...and there's tons of replay value in having 50 characters to learn...and this is much more balanced than MVC2...if you put the time in, you can kick ass with all the characters...of course there's still a top tier, but they're not miles ahead of the pack like in MVC2

but i guess i get excited about these games because of the things i loved as a kid, 2 of them were fighting games and marvel characters...this is the best of the both worlds!

Posted Image

#184 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,169 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted September 17, 2011 - 10:39 PM

i did.. then i played online and it was choppy / laggy so i gave up. i knew i shouldn't have bought this game since capcom is known for doing this. if anyone is getting street fighter x tekken, i suggest holding out until Ultimate Street fighter x tekken w/ 3D capability release :laughing:

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#185 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,867 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 04:03 PM

changed the thread title to ultimate

well, 10 more days, gameplay has been released for all 12 new characters, and official changelogs on other characters were released awhile back too...still ridiculously pumped for this game, even with everything else out/coming out

i know i'll be maining vergil, and probably dr. strange as well...

wesker and akuma turned out to be my two favorites from MVC3, so i'll probably still main one of them, but so many of the new characters look amazing its hard not to want to pick another one of them up...i've always been the type to use a lot of different teams, so i guess i'm not really too worried about it...

Posted Image

#186 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,169 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 09:53 PM

Yipes & crowd makes this fun to watch :laughing:

Edited by vong, November 05, 2011 - 09:57 PM.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#187 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,867 posts

Posted November 07, 2011 - 09:17 AM

love his commentary...haha

was playing MVC3 last night..pretty happy w/ my zero dante akuma, will carry that team over to ultimate...zero got some buffs, and they nerfed akuma's already low health for some reason, but he's my favorite capcom character so i'll continue to use him anyway

i wish i had invested more time into magneto because he's probably my favorite marvel character period...and i probably will in ultimate

Posted Image

#188 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,867 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 07:18 PM

well, haven't posted since the release of ultimate, mostly because i think i'm the only one on the board who cares at this point (grew up on fighting games and marvel) but i'm going to post about it again anyway cuz i'm bored..and i still love this game

online - much better, playing on wireless and am still able to execute pretty well

first team is wesker, vergil, akuma...though a lot of people are starting to call wesker the best player in the game, so i'm starting to swap him out w/ hawkeye cuz i feel dirty...of the new characters, don't really care for frank west, phoenix wright or rocket raccoon, but use everyone else...

heroes and heralds mode DLC patch (free) was released on monday. completely new, huge gameplay mode some say could have passed as a game itself -

pretty dope

Posted Image

#189 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,169 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 07:36 PM

I do not have the game myself, but I been watching teamsp00ky, levelupseries and SCR streams. I read that Wesker has a "level 4" X-Factor :laughing: . When he takes his glasses off, he gets a 10% increase in attack and speed. Hawkeye + level 3 X-Factor is a good anchor.

BTW how is Vergil? He looks pretty cool. If I had the game I would probably use Zero, XXX, Hawkeye.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#190 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,867 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 08:19 PM

yea, wesker is sick...he gets that increase anytime he takes the glasses off (so all you have to do is the maximum wesker hyper) to get that 10% boost...so when he goes into x-factor, they call it level 4

vergil is sick...health is a little on the lower side, (850,000 or so compared to the 1,000,000+ like nemesis, thor, or even wesker at a even mil)

he has some long damaging combos, dante w/ no guns, better sword reach, and better teleport options...yipes has been playing vergil lately, check out some of his stuff to see how he should be played...of the new characters, i put the most work into vergil, and he's one of my best characters now.

zero got buffs too...check out marn umvc3...

combofiend for good hawkeye play

Posted Image

#191 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,169 posts

Posted January 26, 2012 - 09:50 PM

Capcom has just trolled the community with Megaman being in Street fighter x Tekken :laughing:

http://shoryuken.com...d-to-sfxt-site/

Edited by vong, January 26, 2012 - 10:20 PM.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#192 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,867 posts

Posted January 27, 2012 - 07:53 PM

lol yea...i was reading about that yesterday, its megaman 1 box art megaman though...kinda weird if you ask me...in UMVC3, zero's alternate costume is this -

Posted Image

released as DLC in feb. i think...so you kind of get megaman in this game...and zero, who was already good in the vanilla version got buffed for some reason and is now one of the best characters in the game if you play him right...so i'm sure we'll see lots of megaman's online

Wesker, Vergil, Akuma (in that order) is still my ranked match team...have tons of other favorites in non ranked though...

Posted Image

#193 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,169 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 08:54 PM

SFxTekken stream on LEVELupSERIES

http://www.twitch.tv/team/levelup

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#194 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,867 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 11:33 PM

lol, i was actually watching that while playing marvel right now...looks interesting

Posted Image

#195 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,169 posts

Posted February 17, 2012 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, it does not look as bad as I initially thought.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#196 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,867 posts

Posted February 17, 2012 - 07:09 PM

hey vong, get umvc3 for ps3...need someone to play with consistently

way better game than MVC3, better balanced, better online experience...and only 40 bucks...maybe less by now...

sentinel no longer dominates online, wesker is probably the best player in the game now, followed arguably by zero who kinda owns wesker...so you see lots of them in ranked, but not quite as much as you used to. and its harder to build meter, and hitstun was increased across the board so a lot of extended mvc3 combos pop out now...touch of death combos are harder w/ everyone

back to the other game, justin wong won the wednesday night fights SFxT tourney...lol, he's been owning in UMVC3 and SSFIVAEv2012 in a lot of tourneys with big names

Posted Image

#197 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,169 posts

Posted February 17, 2012 - 08:24 PM

I would Game, but I haven't touched MVC3 in a long time and I personally do not find fighting game as fun as it used to be :(. I have just been watching gameplays on streams and youtube haha. You play on PS3 right? I think you'll whoop me in UMVC3 lol. My team would probably be Zero, Vergil and idk about last one.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#198 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,867 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 06:53 PM

just be warned vergil is a learning process, but i thought it was worth it...if you're watching the streams, at least you have an idea of what you should be doing...lol

Posted Image

#199 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 03, 2012 - 07:55 PM

hmmm, gonna have to pick this up. how good are u Game? may need some tutelage.

oh, and I don't [expletive] with online play

Edited by Windu, March 03, 2012 - 07:55 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#200 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,867 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 11:25 PM

i'd say i'm good, not incredible or anything...but i'd say i'm pretty good. play online a lot and do ok. i don't like to be cheap though so the higher you get ranked as you play online, teh cheaper people are playing because they're worried about win streaks and [expletive] like that. but you can still have fun w/ the player matches that aren't ranked, people aren't going quite as hard and its more about having fun w/ the game

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users