• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 05:42 PM

Not only that but the Eagles didn't even bother getting the Skins first round pick. Now, Washington has their QB and they're prolly gonna take an OT like Okung with their 4th pick in the draft.

Good luck Kolb in the NFC East.

Since it is a deep draft the 4th pick in the second round will be almost like a first. No way in hell would they ever get a top ten pick for an aging quarterback. Also they had to make a committment to Kolb if they wanted to keep him after this year from what I heard.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#22 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,178 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 06, 2010 - 06:27 PM

Since it is a deep draft the 4th pick in the second round will be almost like a first. No way in hell would they ever get a top ten pick for an aging quarterback. Also they had to make a committment to Kolb if they wanted to keep him after this year from what I heard.

McNabb is 33. By comparison, Peyton is 34, Brady is 32, Drew Brees is 31.

Clausen, Bradford, McCoy, Snead...those guys will more than likely be off the board by the time Eagles get their pick.

The QB position wasn't where the Eagles problems were at. Guy is a pro bowl QB and took the team to 4 NFC championships and a SB with mostly mediocre WRs.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#23 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 07:04 PM

McNabb is 33. By comparison, Peyton is 34, Brady is 32, Drew Brees is 31.

Clausen, Bradford, McCoy, Snead...those guys will more than likely be off the board by the time Eagles get their pick.

The QB position wasn't where the Eagles problems were at. Guy is a pro bowl QB and took the team to 4 NFC championships and a SB with mostly mediocre WRs.

McNabb is not on the level of a Peyton or Brady. If he was they wouldn't have traded him.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

PHIL JACKSON

#24 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,178 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 07:10 PM

McNabb is not on the level of a Peyton or Brady. If he was they wouldn't have traded him.

Not quite. But he's better than a vast majority of the QBs in the NFL.

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Rivers
Big Ben
Brett Favre
Carson Palmer

Those are prolly the only QBs that you could argue are better than McNabb

I put up his age to compare him to the top QBs in the NFL. When McNabb is on, he's one of the best in the league. You'd rather go with an unproven Kolb than a pro bowl QB? Philly made a mistake...in more ways than one.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#25 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 07:19 PM

Not quite. But he's better than a vast majority of the QBs in the NFL.

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Rivers
Big Ben
Brett Favre
Carson Palmer

Those are prolly the only QBs that you could argue are better than McNabb

I put up his age to compare him to the top QBs in the NFL. When McNabb is on, he's one of the best in the league. You'd rather go with an unproven Kolb than a pro bowl QB? Philly made a mistake...in more ways than one.

YOu won't know if they made a mistake until the next few years. They lose Kolb if they extend McNabb.

PHIL JACKSON

#26 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,178 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 07:25 PM

YOu won't know if they made a mistake until the next few years. They lose Kolb if they extend McNabb.

You already know its a mistake. McNabb is already proven and Kolb has only attempted 130 passes for his career. McNabb? 4746.

Secondly, they traded him to the WASHINGTON REDSKINS??????????????????

Edited by Windu, April 06, 2010 - 07:26 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#27 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 07:27 PM

You already know its a mistake. McNabb is already proven and Kolb has only attempted 130 passes for his career. McNabb? 4746.

Secondly, they traded him to the WASHINGTON REDSKINS??????????????????

They made a business decision. You won't know if they made a mistake until later.

Word is McNabb wouldn't like any other place other than Washington so basically he forced their hand.

PHIL JACKSON

#28 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,178 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 07:37 PM

They made a business decision. You won't know if they made a mistake until later.

Word is McNabb wouldn't like any other place other than Washington so basically he forced their hand.

This is how you do this: You look at what McNabb has done for the franchise...you look at who's behind him if you let him go.

I didn't hear anything about McNabb forcing their hands...they traded him on their own accord from what I've read.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#29 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 07:40 PM

This is how you do this: You look at what McNabb has done for the franchise...you look at who's behind him if you let him go.

I didn't hear anything about McNabb forcing their hands...they traded him on their own accord from what I've read.

Buffalo and even were interested in trading for him. He didn't want to go there.

Players value is not what they did for you but what they WILL DO FOR YOU IN THE FUTURE. They also look at cost and what they have waiting in the wings. Like I said we won't know until later. I myself don't know if they made the right decision.

PHIL JACKSON

#30 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,178 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 07:50 PM

Buffalo and even were interested in trading for him. He didn't want to go there.

Players value is not what they did for you but what they WILL DO FOR YOU IN THE FUTURE. They also look at cost and what they have waiting in the wings. Like I said we won't know until later. I myself don't know if they made the right decision.

Thats just a choice of where to go...not a choice to actually be traded.

Player value is more what they did for you and their ability to continue to do so. McNabb's track record speaks for itself.

They'd rather put their future on a QB who has proven nothing rather than a pro bowler? You know what you get with Donovan. 5 NFC ships and a SB. Now they have Kolb/Vick? lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#31 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 07:57 PM

You know what you get with Donovan. 5 NFC ships and a SB. Now they have Kolb/Vick? lol

That is what you got. Like I said we don't know if this is a good trade or not. The future will tell.

PHIL JACKSON

#32 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,178 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 08:09 PM

That is what you got. Like I said we don't know if this is a good trade or not. The future will tell.

Well, you already know its not a good trade. One QB is clearly better than the other.

You could say we just don't know for as long as you like but in the NFL...in a business...a MONEY MAKING business...you better be a damn good guesser.

Bottom line is that McNabb wasn't the problem with the team. They were 4th in Passing Yards per game last year.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#33 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 08:14 PM

Well, you already know its not a good trade. One QB is clearly better than the other.

You could say we just don't know for as long as you like but in the NFL...in a business...a MONEY MAKING business...you better be a damn good guesser.

Bottom line is that McNabb wasn't the problem with the team. They were 4th in Passing Yards per game last year.

You won't know until they play this year.

PHIL JACKSON

#34 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,178 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 08:20 PM

You won't know until they play this year.

Again...

They were 4th in Passing Yards per game last year.

Maybe they should focus on the rushing game more which was only 22nd in the league.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#35 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 08:57 PM

Again...

They were 4th in Passing Yards per game last year.

Maybe they should focus on the rushing game more which was only 22nd in the league.

Trades are judged on what happens in the future not what happened "last year'.

PHIL JACKSON

#36 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,178 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 06:28 AM

Trades are judged on what happens in the future not what happened "last year'.

Not always true.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#37 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 10:48 AM

Not always true.

Name one.

PHIL JACKSON

#38 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted April 09, 2010 - 11:21 PM

Windu, are you a Eagles fan?

#39 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,178 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 03:51 PM

Windu, are you a Eagles fan?

no

Pau Gasol is GONE

#40 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted April 20, 2010 - 08:06 AM

McNabb open to T.O. in D.C.

Washington Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb has encouraged the team's coaching staff to consider signing free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens, despite the acrimony that marked their time as Philadelphia Eagles teammates, according to multiple sources.

Coach Mike Shanahan told Werder that the Redskins are not actively pursuing Owens. A team source said the Redskins have made upgrading their wide receiver position a high priority, but prefer to avoid bringing Owens into their locker room if another solution can be found.

A source close to McNabb told Paolantonio that McNabb and Owens recently talked about the possibility of reuniting while recently shooting an episode for a television show in Los Angeles. The "Pros v. Joes" episode features McNabb and Owens playing together on the same basketball team. The episode is scheduled to air in July on Spike.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5118016

After Moss, they dont have any proven WR's.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users